The online racing simulator
Very VERY bad stuff :(
(63 posts, started )
He said he hates the argument, not the people. And he's right.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :He said he hates the argument, not the people. And he's right.

Well that's what I meant to say - that I hate the argument - though to be honest, I think people who argue that point are generally not very open minded.
lol. You guys suck if you don't Ask! Jeeves

j/k
Speaking of sucking.

Hi Tweak.
Well, allthough I am an avid fan of the wikipedia, I suggest not using it for controversial subjects.

Also, I never said there isn't a change in climate, it's just that the evidence that it is man-made is lacking at best. Actually, most of the data suggests that the climate would be getting warmer right now, even without the emissions we cause. There is a very high probability though, that we accelerate this global warming... but that also implies that we don't have the ability to actually stop ist.

Also, I don't think that even a drastic change in climate would cause apocalyptic scenarios that media (note: I am a journalist for profession, and additionally for a mainstream newspaper here) and certain politicians foretell.

And on a sidenote: I base my opinion on scientific facts, having done a report on a record hot summer here. I interviewed three different climate researchers, and allthough they disagreed over details, they all had the same concensus:

1) Climate change happened in the past, happens now and will be happening in the future. It's not a static system.

2) Mankind's influence on this system is superficial at most
I`ll agree with some of the points in that post of yours Coleus.
But I think that drastic changes in the climate would cause big problems. Maybe not like doomsday that some describes it lol, but we would feel the difference. Storms out of scale compared to today, more extreme weather and such. But I`ll agree when you saying that I don`t belive it would be like apocalyptic as some tells it will be.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :the fact of the matter is that 99% of the information on that site is not only extremely accurate, but much more useful than 99% of the other sites on the internet.

Aaaah, and did you know that 86% of all statistics are made up?
And Winston Chruchill said: "I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself." (at least he presumably said, but that quote seems rather to originate from Joseph Goebbels do defame him)
Quote from sgt.flippy :Aaaah, and did you know that 86% of all statistics are made up?

Well then that means that 86% of the time, the facts you look up on Wikipedia will be fake, as opposed to 85.14% of the facts you look up on other sites. So that means that there is a 0.86% chance that the stuff you found on Wiki would have been correct if researched from somewhere else. Hardly worth the extra effort.
#61 - wien
Quote from Forbin :Ah yes, Wikipedia, such a fine academic resource. Only the best and brightest minds are allowed on there and everything is certified to be 100% true.

If you take any information on wikipedia as final proof, you're doing it wrong. That does not mean it's not a useful tool. Wikipedia very often links to the original sources for claims made, enabling you to research it yourself to see if it's bunk.

Dismissing everything stated on Wikipedia as bogus is just a stupid as believing it without question.
Quote from wien :If you take any information on wikipedia as final proof, you're doing it wrong. That does not mean it's not a useful tool. Wikipedia very often links to the original sources for claims made, enabling you to research it yourself to see if it's bunk.

Dismissing everything stated on Wikipedia as bogus is just a stupid as believing it without question.

Exactly. Use Wikipedia as a starting point, and be sure and double check the information you get. Wikipedia is the greatest source of information on the internet at current.
Yep, as I said on the actual link I made to Wikipedia, do the research yourself. It's a good starting point because it links to the actual documentation.

Very VERY bad stuff :(
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG