The online racing simulator
If, during an SC lap, you enter the pits, and there are others in the pits, are you allowed to gain positions by leaving the pits before them and rejoining the field, wherever you come out?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If, during an SC lap, you enter the pits, and there are others in the pits, are you allowed to gain positions by leaving the pits before them and rejoining the field, wherever you come out?

Yes - this is the same as if those had spun. You can overtake them as they are at a standstill.
The following drivers violated the no-chat policy during Sunday's race at Fern Bay Rallycross, and will recieve a 5-slot grid penalty for Round 3, to be applied post-qualifying.

Math1js
[BDT] Vankata
juuretis
TG44
[SR]Mutt
MistaTea
Technique

NOTE: Due to greater penalties for [BDT] Vankata and juuretis, this penalty will not be applied.
During the Lap 3 thru Lap 7 Safety Car Deployment, the following drivers overtook another car, and will be penalized 1 Championship point, excepting in cases where there is already a greater penalty for a greater offence.

kABLuiks LTU
[TG] Hammond (has the 2-point penalty for causing incidents under SC)
So the 5 spot grid penalty will not be applied?

heh I think I talked during SC yeh... It was gettin long so I asked if it was gunna be in this lap :S
Quote from evilpimp :So the 5 spot grid penalty will not be applied?

i did understand it like if you already have a higher penalty than this then it will not be applied, so for you it means 5 places back next time
k

stupid me :P

Bleh now I better get pole or else im screwed :S

Actually either ways itll be hard -_-

GR!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol anyways my bad sorry for the chat. wont happen again and now im off to sleep.
Quote from dekojester :The following drivers violated the no-chat policy during Sunday's race at Fern Bay Rallycross, and will recieve a 5-slot grid penalty for Round 3, to be applied post-qualifying.
Technique

Good thing the penalty affects round 3 since I won't be able to make that race!
For everyone's convenience, here is the summary of penalties that will be applied for this round.

If you have a penalty listed here, you have until 7 p.m. GMT on 12 February 2008 to file an appeal, else the decision is FINAL.

Juurme (Racer: juuretis) - 1-race suspension for reckless driving on server, leaving early, telepitting and rejoining

[BDT] Vankata - 1-race suspension for causing avoidable incidents, overtaking under SC, telepitting without permission, and rejoining after telepitting

J@tko - 2 point penalty for contact during SC that caused avoidable incidents. and overtaking under SC

kABLuiks LTU - 1 point penalty for overtaking under SC

[SR] Mutt has been issued a WARNING for causing an avoidable incident

5-spot grid penalties applied to qualifyign result for round 3 for chat during race session to the following:
TG44
[SR]Mutt
MistaTea
Technique
Quote from dekojester :For everyone's convenience, here is the summary of penalties that will be applied for this round.

If you have a penalty listed here, you have until 7 p.m. GMT on 12 February 2008 to file an appeal, else the decision is FINAL.

Juurme (Racer: juuretis) - 1-race suspension for reckless driving on server, leaving early, telepitting and rejoining

[BDT] Vankata - 1-race suspension for causing avoidable incidents, overtaking under SC, telepitting without permission, and rejoining after telepitting

J@tko - 2 point penalty for contact during SC that caused avoidable incidents. and overtaking under SC

kABLuiks LTU - 1 point penalty for overtaking under SC

[SR] Mutt has been issued a WARNING for causing an avoidable incident

5-spot grid penalties applied to qualifyign result for round 3 for chat during race session to the following:
TG44
[SR]Mutt
MistaTea
Technique

i admint that i did that, and i am not saying that it is not fair to put panelty points to me, but it is totaly not fair if next time any body spins during SC because he was hit and it causes him to lose like 10 positions, means if he finishes in 15th final position he gets 2points (20points less!if no body would have hit him) and the one that hit gained one position and plus 2points, but well he did a bad move so he lose 2 points and its status quo. My english is not perfect but what i am trying to say that the one who HITS actualy has advantage,because he eliminates one oponent,gaines one place, and at the end get only two points penalty, and the one who is HIT drops lots positions down and if he finishes there he get many many points less. its not really fair....
Quote from dekojester :During the Lap 3 thru Lap 7 Safety Car Deployment, the following drivers overtook another car, and will be penalized 1 Championship point, excepting in cases where there is already a greater penalty for a greater offence.

kABLuiks LTU
[TG] Hammond (has the 2-point penalty for causing incidents under SC)

Wasn't that what my penalty was for anyway?

Quote from kABLiuks :i admint that i did that, and i am not saying that it is not fair to put panelty points to me, but it is totaly not fair if next time any body spins during SC because he was hit and it causes him to lose like 10 positions, means if he finishes in 15th final position he gets 2points (20points less!if no body would have hit him) and the one that hit gained one position and plus 2points, but well he did a bad move so he lose 2 points and its status quo. My english is not perfect but what i am trying to say that the one who HITS actualy has advantage,because he eliminates one oponent,gaines one place, and at the end get only two points penalty, and the one who is HIT drops lots positions down and if he finishes there he get many many points less. its not really fair....

If someone is hit during the Safety Car, then the person that hit him is also penalised.

Quote from dekojester :Juurme (Racer: juuretis) - 1-race suspension for reckless driving on server, leaving early, telepitting and rejoining

I'd like to appeal against the leniency of this penalty.
Quote from J@tko :

If someone is hit during the Safety Car, then the person that hit him is also penalised.

damn i know, but not that much as it supuse to be
Quote from J@tko : I'd like to appeal against the leniency of this penalty.

Ur way too offended to me
Quote from J@tko :I'd like to appeal against the leniency of this penalty.

New Penalties for juurme:

Suspended from Round 3.
Start at back of grid for Round 4.
Probation for rest of season.

Probation puts juurme on VERY thin ice for the remainder of the season. Any further offences may be given more strict penalties than they would normally.

d
Quote from dekojester :New Penalties for juurme:

Suspended from Round 3.
Start at back of grid for Round 4.
Probation for rest of season.

Probation puts juurme on VERY thin ice for the remainder of the season. Any further offences may be given more strict penalties than they would normally.

d

Start back of grid at round 4 ? Well atleast i dont have to come for qualifs then...
Math1js will be issued a WARNING for his disconnecting early.

This is lenient compared to the others because of the following reasons:
1 - He joined the series during the week-end, so may not have been completely familiar with the rules, and will be given a grace for this.
2 - He felt he was causing accidents and wished to minimize this.

d
As of 1529 GMT on 12 February, the Round 2 results are official.
Quote from dekojester :As of 1529 GMT on 12 February, the Round 2 results are official.

As are the championship standings on the forum main page.
#70 - Stan
Quote from Stan :Thanks for trying to help dougie, however there no mention of the leader in the rolling start rules.

The release point is a point on the track, not a point in time and the Start/Finish line had not been crossed by the cars involved in this incident.

If I had thought it was a legal move I wouldn't have just let him drive right on by, I would have made an attempt to defend my position.

I'd rather one of the race organisers reviewed the incident and made an official decision.

Could I have an official decision on the overtaking before the Start/Finish line on the rolling start please.
Quote from Stan :Could I have an official decision on the overtaking before the Start/Finish line on the rolling start please.

The new regulations will contain this.

But, overtaking is forbidden until YOU cross the line on the restart/start

d
#72 - Stan
Quote from dekojester :The new regulations will contain this.

But, overtaking is forbidden until YOU cross the line on the restart/start

d

OK, well I won't kick up a fuss about penalties or anything, even though he finished the race right in front of me.

(Remember this when you see me on the track FinnWest )
Lol im probably not gunna do too good this race for the following reasons :

1. I didnt start practicing yet and most of u did O_O!
2. I start 5 spots behind which may result in my getting bumped.
3. Im training with G25 to go back to momo for the race :S
Maybe it wasn't so smart to put the fast drivers towards the back of the grid...it'll be R2 all over again
But do you not remember what happened when juuretis was put to the back? He tried to force his way through - with apparent results...

This is what would happen when the quick drivers are put to the rear...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG