The online racing simulator
#101 - Dru
I personally think the rules work... in the test race, some tests/drivers used it as a proper endurance race and were respectful every second of every lap.... these drivers and teams did not cause any problems... it was the people who came in and used this race with a sprint race/pickup race mentality that really caused most of the issues i think (and thnakdgod it happened here in the test race rather than in the first round proper)

I do however have a suggestion regarding the pace car, i think it will be less of an issue at other tracks (purely as BL1 is soo short with lap times) that less driver will be lapped but also in the longer races drivers will be further apart and hopefully with every team/driver adopting the enduro race mindset there will be less SC period and less needless crashes as a result of it.

OK, so my suggestion, take a car that has a speed limiter that way the saftey car can once its picked up the leader at a steady 80kph the problems i saw where very similar to the fuji f1 race in japan, where the cars speed up and sloowed down following the erratic speed of the safe car (BTW no problem with your driving here Kaw )

Also this method could easily get the field together in less than half a lap, people can also use their limiter and when the green flag RCM is announce, all people do is drop the limiter>> good idea or rubbish one?

A question would also be to the team managers, how did they handle the race, where they in remote, did they have voice driver communication ?

At Concept, we have both drivers in one channel allong with the reserve drivers but also a 'race director' using LFS remote.

We could in an instant let the driver know when the safety car was deployed, when it was going back in, where the safety car was, what the pack was doing. all things which meant our driver was informed as best as he could be... did or do other teams do the same thing to ensure, safe, clean, responsible driving/race management by their team??

Regards,

Dru.
We used the limiter last season and found it to be too slow for league use.

We would love to have a car with a limiter you can manually set, but alas LFS doesn't allow for that yet.
Yep, Ventrilo/TS and spectator software is fundamental. Otherwise your driver will just be lost out there. Helps so much in strategy and also helps the driver to know who he's fighting with, etc...
#104 - Dru
Quote from DeadWolfBones :We used the limiter last season and found it to be too slow for league use.

We would love to have a car with a limiter you can manually set, but alas LFS doesn't allow for that yet.

Sorry? too slow? why is it too slow, you'll recover the accident in one lap and get the field together quicker.

anything higher than 100kph for a SC is dangerous anyhow?

OR

you could get the field to hit there limiters until the SC can driver around in an FXR and pick the leader up?
Quote from Cawwa :If you can't solve it, ok ... the lapped drivers just have to live with it and sometimes make some bad decisions of not letting a lead car by the first laps becourse he thought it was fight about positions.

This is a team event, and we have tools, just like what Dru said about the way Concept manage the race, and like we did also... So if a driver doesn´t know if the car next to him is fighting for position or not is because the team isn´t working well, and therefore they should not be racing in this kind of events, at least if we want a high level of racing....
Quote from Dru :Sorry? too slow? why is it too slow, you'll recover the accident in one lap and get the field together quicker.

anything higher than 100kph for a SC is dangerous anyhow?

OR

you could get the field to hit there limiters until the SC can driver around in an FXR and pick the leader up?

In fact, in real life SCs usually drive around 70 mph, which is something like 120 kph i think. So we are actually a tad slower still . The problem with pit limiters is:

1. You have to monitor if everyone is on pit limiters.
2. It's to slow and tyres get too cold. causing yet more incidents at T1.
#107 - Dru
Quote from chunkyracer :This is a team event, and we have tools, just like what Dru said about the way Concept manage the race, and like we did also... So if a driver doesn´t know if the car next to him is fighting for position or not is because the team isn´t working well, and therefore they should not be racing in this kind of events, at least if we want a high level of racing....

Exactly

In the race for instance under SC - we were radioing our drivers and saying these sorts of things.

You are 11th, the car in front is a lapped car, 1oth is in front of him.
You are under blue flag as you have 2 lead cars behind you. 12th is the car behind them.

This sort of information is very eashy to get from LFS remote
Quote from BenjiMC :In fact, in real life SCs usually drive around 70 mph, which is something like 120 kph i think. So we are actually a tad slower still . The problem with pit limiters is:

1. You have to monitor if everyone is on pit limiters.
2. It's to slow and tyres get too cold. causing yet more incidents at T1.

Yep. However, it might be possible to use the limiter only for the SC, which might eliminate some of the accordion effect.

The only problem then is, as you said, the quickness with which the tires cool off.
btw, I encourage everyone who can to use the IRC channel. It's a lot easier to have some of these sorts of discussions there.

...though I guess the forum does have the added bonus of recording everything we say on it.

Anyway, #IGTC @ gamesurge: guaranteed to be a good time (or maybe not).
Yes we (c4Racing) used voice communication (Skype) and remote. When i was driving, 2nd driver was informing me about the situation on track and warning me, when he took over, i did that job. Usually for this kind of events we have team leader doing the Race Control function and one reserve + 2nd driver helping and one driving.
Thanks to teammate i managed to avoid couple of crashes that could happen if i wouldnt be informed by him.

I also encourage all to use voice communication and put someone from your team as Race Control to inform you.
Quote from Kirill.D :Yes we (c4Racing) used voice communication (Skype) and remote.

It's OT but I would recommend you NOT to use Skype - from my experience it lags a lot. Use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo instead while playing LFS.
We were quiet most of the time on TS because of Shaggy
Quote from Kdovi :It's OT but I would recommend you NOT to use Skype - from my experience it lags a lot. Use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo instead while playing LFS.
We were quiet most of the time on TS because of Shaggy

I thought it was me that told ye all to shut up, not shaggy
Actually we know that, we tested it before in smaller races, and our connection was great. We don't like TS cause of poor voice quality. We haven't tested Ventrilo yet, maybe try this thing.
Quote from Kdovi :I would recommend you NOT to use Skype - from my experience it lags a lot.

Yep, very true

Quote from Kirill.D :We don't like TS cause of poor voice quality.

Use the Speex codec
Quote from Kirill.D : We haven't tested Ventrilo yet, maybe try this thing.

Ventrillo is far better than Teamspeak sound quality wise. (in my experience anyway)
Quote from niall09 :I thought it was me that told ye all to shut up, not shaggy

I blame Shaggy anyway :chair:
btw. So "my" (no.16, lap 79 or 80) DT penalty was for overtaking under full course yellow? (just wanna be sure)
Quote from Kdovi :I blame Shaggy anyway :chair:
btw. So "my" (no.16, lap 79 or 80) DT penalty was for overtaking under full course yellow? (just wanna be sure)

yes
Quote from niall09 :What about lap 83?

afaik only on DT was given. I think an SG was given to your second car also
Well on the stats, it says we completed 2 DT penalties

Quote :Lap 80: Drive through completed
Lap 83: Drive through completed

hmm, i dunno. Maybe it was given during an SC period or something? Best to check the replay.
Did you drive too fast in the pits?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG