The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Wanted to say that you guys ran very well today too, Kolz. A big improvement over your pace last season.

Thanks a lot.Us TDRT FXR-underdogs are always happy to present you a cookie or two...
Quote from R.Kolz :
- Lap 79, the later Race Winner No. 03, Adaptive Racing Team I think it was, overtakes us and gains 3th position under SC period.No overtaking under SC...

IF this was the real race we would certainly challange that, simply because the time period between the SC message and the actually overtake was so small.

I ask this of the admins.

Is there a "buffer" between the SC message and the actual "banning" of overtaking, because we were close, and I think the overtake was done, or nearly done as the SC message come on screen.

Also, as I wasnt racing, is the SC message clear?, is it an "Admin message", i.e. a huge message in the centre of the screen like the blue/yellow flag message?
Qualifying went greatly for flash, starting from 6th place. Then it was time for race, at the start, i lost one place in t1, then everything went clearly until at the lap three, i lost control in last corner, fell two places, now we were 9th. On lap 34, i was overtaking pernix team, again on last corner, when the pernix got too slow speed on it, maybe gap was 10km/h. He turned into the corner with outer line, with me in inner line, and got out of the corner on normal line, bumping me a bit, i lost few places there.
At lap 40 it was time for my break, and M.Wiseman's turn. He drove first laps quite slowly, getting feeling about left-handed wheel. (he's british) He was in one big accident which put in SC, but still, when it was time for change again, at lap 78, he came in at 16th place, and we decided to put too much fuel on the last stint, thats where i began to lose on straigths. Still i managed to climb two places and flash-racing finished it's 1st endurance race on 14th place, we were quite happy, knowing we could've climbed to the top 7th with a better 1st stint.
SC periods weren't so bad at all, no-one hitted me from back, and i didn't hit anyone

Hoping to race on this season's "real races"
-Sharky
Quote from danowat :Is there a "buffer" between the SC message and the actual "banning" of overtaking, because we were close, and I think the overtake was done, or nearly done as the SC message come on screen.

In real life, leagues would use CCTV/broadcast footage to quickly determine if a pass was made after the field was frozen, etc. In LFS, obviously, it's not that easy, so we ask that if you think a pass was questionable (i.e., could be challenged) you go ahead and give it back. Better to give a bit of ground and save a penalty/a lot of work for the admins.

Quote :Also, as I wasnt racing, is the SC message clear?, is it an "Admin message", i.e. a huge message in the centre of the screen like the blue/yellow flag message?

We have a script that does a RCM (big mid-screen message) and admin text (upper left w/o driver's name before it) in bright colors simultaneously. We did both to avoid the situation where a driver doesn't see the RCM due to a blue flag warning.
Sounds fair to me, I'll have to review the replay and see exactly what happened
#56 - Dmt
And PLEASE, let faster car pass you!
no matter if he is few laps behind you!!!! :mad:
You were a danger to all, out there, Dmt. You were laps behind but still fighting with drivers and causing accidents. We were watching you for some time and decided to let you pass to avoid getting crashed too, but that's not the way to race endurance. Please be more careful for the real race.
Quote from Dmt :And PLEASE, let faster car pass you!

Quote from R.Kolz :- Lap 82, car No.23Team"Fred Loves Pie" doesn´t have any overlap and takes TDRT on 4th position out once more.

Explanation and apology sent at another forum.
Quote from Dmt :And PLEASE, let faster car pass you!

I suggest you read rules H1-H4.1 very closely.

Your driving today was very bad at times today, and that's not the right kind of attitude for a driver in this series.
Quote from BenjiMC :Absoloutly no overtaking.

During the SC periods nobody should be attempting a pass on you and there should be a 2 car gap minimum between all cars.

Fine, so we act properly. I have to watch replay becouse i want see what happend in SC period when i 'fly away'
Quote from R.Kolz :Good it was a test race only.

- [TDRT] 104 T.Jessen, he told me, had his settings at "always change tyres", "not setup changes" and "no damage repair" as he leading this race, does his pitstop and,however, it fixed all damage and we only got 1 tyre changed. (LFS bug?)
- Lap 79, the later Race Winner No. 03, Adaptive Racing Team I think it was, overtakes us and gains 3th position under SC period.No overtaking under SC...
- Lap 80 we lost some positions once more under a SC as we´re hit from behind
- Lap 82, car No.23Team"Fred Loves Pie" doesn´t have any overlap and takes TDRT on 4th position out once more.
- We had to race against blue flagged cars a lot of times.C´mon ppl., don´t decide the race...
Good this was a test race only...

Anyways, thanks to the race admins. Season 2008 is going to be a lot of fun, I´m sure about.

I would like to add to your list:

- Lap 68 car No.104 leaves a cap before the safety car pits in and starts an overtaking manouver before the green flag. IMO you clearly overtake two or three cars before the flag is green.

But anyway checked the second half replay out of interest and that is admins nigtmare, if it were the actual race.
Quote from Jouman :I would like to add to your list:

- Lap 68 car No.104 leaves a cap before safety car and stars an overtaking manouver before the green flag. IMO you clearly overtake two or three cars before the flag is green.

But anyway checked the second half replay out of interest and that is admins nigtmare, if it were the actual race.

Yes, I partly agree. The problem was that you guys got very slow and I tried to avoid to ram into you. We still made a little contact and as I tried to re-group behind you the green flag /rcm came and I found myself on the inside line.At this point I didn´t know where you where at ( cockpit view ) and accelerated. I can see on the replay that I was mayby half a lenth beside you already when the green flag came and agreed, this could have gotten me into trouble in a real race.

@Danowat. Yes, he overtook me under yellow and not just me but the guy in front of me as well. But this guy decided not to let this happen and overtook your driver once more under this SC period.
And as of his overtaking me: It was NOT done, or NOT EVEN nearly done as the SC message came on screen. But I wonder if the various racers get all these /rcm´s at different times at their PC´s at home.

@ And looking at the picture once more I wonder if this /rcm in yellow "Safety car deployed" is the same as a "yellow flag" message ?
Attached images
SC_1.JPG
#63 - d6nn
relax mate. yea i checked the replay too, im so sorry bout that, the message didnt show or i didnt realize it until i was aside you, and i slowed down to let you and the other guy pass, you didnt pass me, so i though maybe it was ok. sorry anyways. it wont happen in the real race.
I was really very impressed with the way the admins ran the safety car periods, very professional. What I was not impressed with was the generally abismal level of driving conduct, particularly under safetycar. we all know the SC will drive at 62mph/100kph, why do you guys get suprised when you are driving at 90mph and suddenly come up on a train of cars? Absolutley ridiculous with nothing to be gained.
I also found a lot of people seemed to think that if the car infront has a slight wiggle that's an excuse to overtake them under the SC, which ended up causing more accidents as guys ended up racing under the SC.
One car in particular, #12, tried to either pass me or punt me a number of times under SC, then promtly crashed into me at T1 after the green flag. Massively over aggressive driving IMO. I felt like I was the veteran and you guys were the ones being evaluated at times, not the other way around. Like a parent in a bouncy castle with a bunch of kids
Still, with a bit of SC practice and a larger track, this will really be a fun season, assuming Northstar R4R is accepted into the league....
well ..... this race was without a doubt a mess.
our team was running happly until the 1st SC period which lasted 2 laps and spoilt the rest of the race for us, i think that all that just for being told to spec is ridiculus whole grid was put out coz of it

far to many SC periods for little results
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The only other really confusing SC instance was when the leader (I believe it was the 15 car) caught the SC and then pitted when most of the cars behind him were a lap down. This led to a situation where we had to let most of the field by to get the leader (which turned out to still be the 15 car) behind the SC again. It gave a lot of cars their laps back, but it was sort of a mess. We'll have to work out a procedure there.

Yep that was where a LOT of cars got their lap down back.

I would also suggest to the admins/marshalls to pay more attention to the people overtaking before the green flag and to enforce the penalties against this behaviour.
Quote from R.Kolz :And looking at the picture once more I wonder if this /rcm in yellow "Safety car deployed" is the same as a "yellow flag" message ?

Rules:
Quote :2) When the SC is deployed, the track is under a full-course yellow condition and the field is frozen. As such, drivers are to cease racing for position and fall in line—this means no passing.

I don't think you can blame the organisers for the amount of SC periods. That was entirely down to crap driving.

Having watched the replay, and from what i saw of the 2nd half of the race on LFS remote, one of the main problems in this race was with blue flagged drivers. Personally i had no problems with lapped cars but some of the drivers involved really should learn how to behave when they are blue flagged. It was extremely amateurish to say the least, certainly not what i would expect to see in a league of this standard.

The fact that quite a few people had no idea how to behave in a SC period was a bit sad as well. It just went to prove that not everyone read the rules. If you have any respect for your fellow competitors then you should at least know how to behave in all situations. Reading and understanding the rules is essential in a series like this.

Also, making silly overtaking attempts on cold tires after the restarts is bit reckless. Endurance racing is not like your average pickup races where you have 6 laps and chuck yourself into every available gap.

hmm, that sounded like a rant I don't mean it like that, I'll get off my soapbox now

Overall it was a great, if slightly frustrating experience (not for me personally in the race, but watching it all fall apart in the second hour)
Hopefully the problems will be ironed out and the first round proper will be a bit smoother.

This is going to be a great season Thanks to all involved in organising it.
I think that it was great organization. BTW about SC, they must to make sure that all drivers will respect rules when SC is in the race. My team have a little problem with connection and I'm sad for that. We have good times and laps but in 30 lap connection break up. Then we are reconnect on server and continue to race. But I think that we were good.

Once time more I must say GREAT ORGANIZATION!
#70 - Dru
BTW, dues to disconnections - is oe was there a traker running last night?
Quote from Dru :BTW, dues to disconnections - is oe was there a traker running last night?

No, there wasn't, but we're working on having it in place for the actual race.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :No, there wasn't, but we're working on having it in place for the actual race.

Will there be official results for the test race?
I suppose there can be, but I didn't really think it necessary.
Can someone run stats on that full replay?
Nope stats stops after about half way point tried 3 times, need another replay, can you download it from server?

Regards
Franke... Click

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG