The online racing simulator
Your driving style...
(88 posts, started )
Quote from Woz :The other benefit is that each time the realism steps up in LFS I don't have to adjust anything in the way I drive, because I am doing right in the first place and not exploiting holes in physics or damage models etc.

I've been thinking about this too recently, as it seems that with each new physics improvement I get faster in comparison to other drivers. I'm also very smooth, I don't engine brake and I'm very easy on tyres. Of course sometimes I need to push the realism envelope to be competitive, but that's the exception for me.
Quote from mrodgers :Seriously, I see folks here talk about "a little bit of slip in the rear", then I see them on the track and I try their setups, and those setups with "just a little bit of slip" are complete drift sets for me. Not "just a little slip" at all. I indeed like "just a little slip", but not these crazy and hugely oversteering "just a little slip" setups that everyone else seems to like. My "just a little slip" is truely just a little bit of slip.

Again, I have that same issue. I find a lot of the 'fast' guys sets almost undrivable, far too oversteery. I wonder maybe if this is because a lot of the guys came from a drifting background, so it seems natural to them for a car to handle that way. I came from games like N2003, and oversteer at 170mph while your three wide is the end of you.
Im from a GPL backgroud, then to RS2, these two sims were as far apart as you could get, GPL with turn in understeer but big slip angles, and RS2 with no slip angles to play with, easy lockups and tyre wear to watch for.

GPL gave me more of what i use in LFS as a style, RS2 gave me the discipline and consistancy Im not the fastest guy in the world but i do have the ability to setup a car how i like it, that is; Fast turn in, even with trail braking and sure footed corner exit with a slight four wheel drift. I do 'throw' the car at the apex a bit, but that is because of the GPL in me, another thing GPL gave me was the ability to think i can run any line i wish (due to the side by side racing at monza and spa etc), so im not scared to hold on to the outside of people etc.

Simon
Grip, clean and smooooooooooth :auto:
A bit of powersilde is not bad at some hard hairpins to give the car an extra agility, but too far from drifting
Grip with *a little* powersliding. It depends on the car I drive, but since it's mostly XFG I have to...

In terms of battling for position? Hot-headed and wild, that's what. I might even brake earlier to catch out people who try to out-brake me. Works 50% of the time.
I have a natural tendency toward understeer because my arms are not strong and I tire easily. Total grip is by far the best method for me when I'm not so familiar with the track or car.

Having said that when my confidence is there I will slide the car around and in the wet I'll happily sling a car massively away from its direction of travel and I'll trottle a car near sideways if needs be. I won most of my karting trophies in the wet.

So I guess slide is as much a part of racing as any other aspect, but in LFS I find it very difficult to cope with because of the lack of feel.
Slow and crap. But grippy most of the time.
TBH my driving style is probably slower than drifting
a little driftly, usually ass starts going its own way in corners. Its not nessassery cuz i can drive clean and fast but ''burning tires'' is just my way to drive.it makes me enjoy it lots and lots more.
What it mean

iirc,THB , and the other abreviations you use?
Quote from jonny__27 :Personally, i like to oversteer a little bit, having just around 5 degrees of slipping, except on single seaters and gtr's, where i need downforce. i drive better that way.

there´s a GTR in lfs demo available? wow, didn´t know that!
Quote from Inouva :What it mean

iirc,THB , and the other abreviations you use?

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
TBH = To Be Honest
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
ROFL = Rolling On the Floor Laughing
LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
ASAP = As Soon As Possible
etc = et cetera
Quote from eimer_ :there´s a GTR in lfs demo available? wow, didn´t know that!

yeah, sorry, forgot to explain.

some time ago i used to play s2 on a friend of mine's computer, before he moved out to france.

and even if i didn't, i would assume formulas and GTRs have similar downforce behaviours.
Quote from zeugnimod :IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
TBH = To Be Honest
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
etc = et cetera

Whats FFS and RTFM?
bit oversteer at limit, otherwise clean
btw RTFM : Read the F****** Manual
FFS: For F****** Sake
My "style" is something like very fast and stable in and slow out of the corners, especially in XRR. Overall I try to keep as much grip as possible, in every cartype. Only on Autocross I use drifting in races. And i like to scandinivianish-flick the car throught the SO hairpin
I agree with OP, having slight slip is okay. It allows you to go in a little faster, and you regain full grip pretty quickly to accellerate out. Also Gran Turismo is pretty realistic on physics, just harder to feel using a game pad. I wish there was a desk I could use to hook up my g25 to the ps2.
Quote from agm_ultimatex :Also Gran Turismo is pretty realistic on physics, just harder to feel using a game pad.

Comparing to Mario Kart maybe
when u drive rac at aston cadet rev,you need drift to be faster.

my style is a bit oversteer and always keep pushing
Quote from zeugnimod :IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
TBH = To Be Honest
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
etc = et cetera

Thx
#45 - Migz
mine is just get around the track in one piece. But it never works. Ill always go into a corner too fast, or brake too late. and go straight into a barrier.
and if i manage to not do that, unless i know the track well i go around the corner very very slowly.
Quote from Fabio Maximus :when u drive rac at aston cadet rev,you need drift to be faster.

my style is a bit oversteer and always keep pushing

Still there's people who think drift is faster...
Quote from sidi :Consistently unstylish.

but you're so sexy sidi!

i cant explain my style, because it changes to whatever i'm racing, or the circumstance.
A race driver should be able to adapt to slight changes on track/setup and drive around a certain problem.
Sometimes you need to be agressive, sometimes you need to be smooth. Alot of WR laps (atleast mine are) are done on the first few laps, so they are very rough, and rushed, but still fast because they are kind of out of control.
Where as if I where racing, I drive fairly smooth, I don't like to over heat the tires. It's better to drive with a bit of a slip angle imho, it helps you get around the corner with minimal wheel input, therefore saving front tires and having less oversteer on the exit of a corner.

But that's my driving style... So I don't care if you say I'm wrong, because it works for me not too bad
Belive it or not i took a guy once in a race by drifting the corner. He cut me into the inside line so i put one wheel on the grass and planted my foot to the floor next thing i know i've run out of corner and i'm ahead. So i just ct back into the line which then made him angry lol and he tried to pit me so i slammed on the anchors and he smashed his rb4 into the wall lol.
lol thats funny lol. lol
I no lol he tried to vote ban me but an admin saw it and kicked him lol.

Your driving style...
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG