The online racing simulator
how to: g25 900 degrees?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - vindi
i got my g25 today, and i got the "range" on logitech profiler to 100% , cant get the wheel to work with 900 degrees, it stops at normal.. what have i done wrong? and how do i fix this

the wheel and shifter\pedals works in lfs though, just not 900 degrees..
What do you mean ? does the physical wheel stop at 270Deg. or what ?
#3 - vindi
Quote from oterlars :What do you mean ? does the physical wheel stop at 270Deg. or what ?

yes, or it gets way to hard to turn..

in game the acutal range of the wheel is also 270 deg.
#4 - vindi
solved
Vindi, just so you know. Say if you set the degrees to something like 400 degrees, or anywhere below 900, dont ever try and force the wheel past the "stop". Doing this constantly can damage the FFB motors in your wheel, and generally screw it up. Just a word of warning mate
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Vindi, just so you know. Say if you set the degrees to something like 400 degrees, or anywhere below 900, dont ever try and force the wheel past the "stop". Doing this constantly can damage the FFB motors in your wheel, and generally screw it up. Just a word of warning mate

Is that really thrue? Cause it doesn't seem to be that hard to get past to it. In many situations the actual FFB in LFS feels as strong as it feels when you go past that limit.
The 'lock stop ff' is just 'max FF' which most users get while driving, depending on the chosen FF strength in game. Most of the time you may not notice when you go out of the chosen steering angle, as there is no 'extra' FF left to make it feel like you've hit the stops.
i think you can do something like the "extra ff stoppers" you only need to set the same steering angle in the logitech profiler AND in lfs. i use 400° in both and so i have an extra ff limit on 400°
^ I don't think that works. I'm pretty sure that LFS (unfortunately) doesn't create any FF effects to simulate a stop when the virtual steering column reaches its limit. But even if it did, the Logitech software already uses maximum force for the stops, so having LFS send additional FF commands would have no effect.
but is setting the same in both the effect you described ? or did i understand something wrong
Depends on how your wheel is set up. It's always the Logitech software that causes the stopping force at the set range, but if this coincidences with the ingame wheel depends on your LFS settings.

For example I'm using 540° steering for the G25 and a wheel turn compensation of 0.01. That way all cars who have > 540° rotation will be cut down to only have 540° which means they hit the ingame rotation limit the same time the FF stop kicks in, all cars who have less will hit the ingame rotation limit before the G25 reaches the FF stop. It would be nice to have LFS generate this FF stop, but it's kinda useless anyway.
how were you able to get more than 270 degrees btw?
Control Panel -> Gaming Devices/Controllers -> Properties (or something) -> Settings -> Rotation (720 degrees is nice)

I'm Norwegian, so sorry if some of the translations are wrong.
you can use an exact 1:1 configuration, if you use the same value in the " Control Panel -> Gaming Devices/Controllers -> Properties" AND in lfs for degrees. so you can use any degrees you want, but both must be the same you can also use different values and lfs will recalc the input.
my sig? or various other threads on the same subject?

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG