The online racing simulator
LFS Remote - a quick fireoff of ideas
No real order, some might be pie in the sky and others might be doable. Mods, merge it in to another thread if desired.
  • Automatic TV director. Click on an autodirector button and it will start automatically following the race.
  • Maybe uploading of graphics for your cars? It would be nice to see cars in it painted up like the real car in LFS.exe, and surely it wouldn't take that much bandwidth as the images are smaller.
  • Skinnable bits? Maybe if some bits loaded skins specific to your server, it would be nice. I'm not sure how possible that would be given the nature of the app. And it might be a tad more bandwidth heavy than just the topdown bits.
  • A merger of the previous two - would a server ident in the top left of the screen be doable?
  • It might be difficult and rather silly - but what about using the built-in text to speech found on many PCs now (in all XP PCs IIRC) to have an - optional - automatic commentary? Of course it would be rather vague like "Scawen has got past Eric in sector one!" or "Victor's come in to the pits" but it would be rather funny :P
  • EDIT : And before I forget, a rather simple one - a button next to join to watch a server if it's on the remote.
Anyone?
#3 - Zomah
Oh please do add the cruise filter and default it to not show them
Very gentle bump
#5 - MR_B
More useful suggestions would be:

*To be able to see tyre wear and suspension damage on vehicles (like you can in game with F9, F10 etc)

*To be able to enter private servers if you know the server password. (Is that possible already? (I know about admins))

These would be two of the key things for me, especially when entering a long race like MoE or IGTC, to have a fellow driver being able to see the other cars tyre wear and suspension damage, relaying information to me via TeamSpeak would be most helpful.
(Yes i'm aware you can do it in server, but we're talking about LFS Remote here)
Quote from MR_B :More useful suggestions would be:

*To be able to see tyre wear and suspension damage on vehicles (like you can in game with F9, F10 etc)

*To be able to enter private servers if you know the server password. (Is that possible already? (I know about admins))

These would be two of the key things for me, especially when entering a long race like MoE or IGTC, to have a fellow driver being able to see the other cars tyre wear and suspension damage, relaying information to me via TeamSpeak would be most helpful.
(Yes i'm aware you can do it in server, but we're talking about LFS Remote here)

To go along with this, it would probably be useful to teams to be able to adjust F12 menu settings for their teammates through LFS Remote.
Would be also very nice for if you log into LFS Remote as an admin you can set the password to the Spectator. This would mean that not only the one person who set up the server in LFS World has control of it.

Would be a very nice feature

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG