The online racing simulator
Very VERY bad stuff :(
(63 posts, started )
Looks like god has something to say about the election.
I wish there was a "go to next post button".
Wouldn't it have been easier just saying the weather is acting up? Like who's reading all those things you posted?

Weather's quite nice here, although we had a few small tornadoes (like really small, invisible, just strong enough to rip a roof off) recently, which normally doesn't happen that often. Oh well, as long as I'm not near!
#28 - JTbo
I thought that season would been over by now, but I guess I was wrong again

Nasty things those, hopefully they build tornado proof houses soon on those areas.
Quote from pb32000 :Wtf that's not proof. Despite a semi-lengthy post, you managed not to prove 'global-warming' is human's fault once. n1.

It`s more than enough proof saying that it`s human made. But some people just not want to belive, or like you, are ignorant. But don`t worry, it`s only our kids and their kids that going to get ****ed up, so we shouldn`t really do anything since it don`t concern us...
#30 - JTbo
Quote from The Very End :It`s more than enough proof saying that it`s human made. But some people just not want to belive, or like you, are ignorant. But don`t worry, it`s only our kids and their kids that going to get ****ed up, so we shouldn`t really do anything since it don`t concern us...

What you say after 5 years when we see normal cold winters again ?
If that would happen, yes then I would start wondering
But, now it has been 2 days with snow where I lived, normally back 10 years ago there at least two-four weeks with snow :/
Seems to be shorter every winter.
My mother told me this morning on the way to school that 55 people died in them tornadoes. I just hope everything gets ok again
Sorry in advance.

Quote from The Very End :Ok, it is proof that it`s human made.

No, there isn't.
Quote from The Very End :It`s mainly because all the Co2 we have produced in the air and such.

No, it isn't
Quote from The Very End :And btw, most people get confused because there allways are temperature rising and lowering in the normal time aspect of the world. At some times back in history (we`re talking 1000`s of years) there were much warmer than now. And it`s been much colder too. It`s a normal cycle, it goes from ice age to warm times, it`s all naturally.

Correct
Quote from The Very End :But here is what most people takes wrong - because it`s rising too fast. There have never been a temperature rising this drastically as it have been the latest years, and it`s proof that it`s human made.

Not true - the rate of temperature fluctuations have been a lot faster and a lot slower in the past, with and without human technology.
Quote from The Very End :Mainly because the poles are melting

There is evidence they are increasing in volume
Quote from The Very End :and the poles are working as a cool "shield" for the earth, reflecting back som of the sunlight aswell as heat, making it cooler on the planet.

But then water does that anyway just as efficiently, so less ice doesn't mean less reflectivity
Quote from The Very End :A other thing is that it`s big amounts of Co2 and other gasses that prevent the heat that comes to our planet to go out again.

CO2 is actually a pretty piss-poor 'greenhouse' gas compared to most of the stuff we pump out. But it's an easy target, and so Joe Public think it's EVIL!
Quote from The Very End :It`s human made. Some scientist does take it too far, but still, it`s proven that there is a connection between the way humans live and the rising temperature on earth.

No there isn't, and no it isn't.
Quote from The Very End :It`s going way faster than it has done before, and by that reson alone we can say that it`S human fault.

No it isn't, and no we can't.
Quote from The Very End :Of course - if a super volcano (as they are called) would erupt and release insane amounts of gass, then we also would experience a big temperature difference, and it`s proved that back in history of the planet this has happend before, if there were anything like that we could blame the volcano`s, but atm it`s our fault

After MAJOR eruptions the earth tends to get cooler. Despite the additional 'greenhouse' gases. The heat remains in the closed system of Earth, so the overall temperature doesn't change - if anything it will lose temperature as the insulating effect of the crust is gone for a small amount of core material (magma/lava).

Sorry to rain on your parade in a thread where it shouldn't really be, but you are spouting nothing but fake government facts. And governments never tell you whats really happening if there is money to be made by an alternative truth to attempt to 'control' their public.
Yes. Not at the edges though, but they've always been melting at the edges. And I'm not saying it's conclusive evidence, it's just evidence. And no, I don't have links because it wasn't an internet source.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes. Not at the edges though, but they've always been melting at the edges. And I'm not saying it's conclusive evidence, it's just evidence. And no, I don't have links because it wasn't an internet source.

Yeah. Just don't go stating things so blatantly, because in all honesty, there is no hard evidence supporting either side to that argument that gives a definitive answer.
Quote from The Very End :It`s more than enough proof saying that it`s human made. But some people just not want to belive, or like you, are ignorant. But don`t worry, it`s only our kids and their kids that going to get ****ed up, so we shouldn`t really do anything since it don`t concern us...

Ignorant? I very much doubt you are more educated in this subject than me, so don't try to tell me what I am thanks.

Tristan has covered all the points that I was going to, however was busy earlier.
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry in advance.

No, there isn't.
No, it isn't
Correct
Not true - the rate of temperature fluctuations have been a lot faster and a lot slower in the past, with and without human technology.
There is evidence they are increasing in volume
But then water does that anyway just as efficiently, so less ice doesn't mean less reflectivity
CO2 is actually a pretty piss-poor 'greenhouse' gas compared to most of the stuff we pump out. But it's an easy target, and so Joe Public think it's EVIL!
No there isn't, and no it isn't.
No it isn't, and no we can't.
After MAJOR eruptions the earth tends to get cooler. Despite the additional 'greenhouse' gases. The heat remains in the closed system of Earth, so the overall temperature doesn't change - if anything it will lose temperature as the insulating effect of the crust is gone for a small amount of core material (magma/lava).

Sorry to rain on your parade in a thread where it shouldn't really be, but you are spouting nothing but fake government facts. And governments never tell you whats really happening if there is money to be made by an alternative truth to attempt to 'control' their public.

So, all this talk about global warming is just something the government tells us because they benefits from it?
I don`t see why so many known scientist should obviosly "lie" about global warming, but again if it`s something that America has to do with I can understand it
Just one thing I should said better, when I was saying something like Co2 is mainly the reason to global waming, I said mainly It`s not the worst gas, but it`s currently one of the biggest polution gases atm.

And as I said, example vulcano part, yes the temperature has rised / lowered by huge amount earlier, by various reason. I just saying that problem now is that there isn`t any of these big happenings on the planet atm, and it still does increase way too fast - by that reason I belive it`s human made.

The poles are rising? I have heared some people mention it, but I can`t see why that should be true. There are a lot of norwegian scientist up on the poles making studies, and all the studies have shown that it`s shrinkin, not increasing. Again, maybe we all just gets fooled, and this is something the government wants us to belive, but why should people that uses all their time / life on studing the planet lie to us so the government could benefit from it?

And, water reflects the sun yes, but it does not has the same effect as when sun reflects on ice. So by lowing the amount of ice on the planet -> higher temperature.

And one last thing, hehe, sorry - a other way that is proof on human made global warming, - look on the rain forrest. The rain forrest reduces the greenhouse gases, by choping down it there will be more gases in the air -> less heat comes out than in, and it gets warmer.

Again, it`s IMO And no ofence to anyone invovled, and I didn`t really come to this topic for "braging", but I wanted to say my opinion about a very imporant subject, global warming. Now, we can belive that it`s eighter as you Tristan tells, all made up by the government, or we can belive it`s something we have done. Problem is that scientist are talking against each others, and disagree with each other, this makes people getting confused and starting to belive there is nothing.

Edit : and pb32000 - who said I was aiming to you? I was talking generally to a lot of people, and the usually thinking - "as long it doesn`t affect me, I don`t care"
There is a correlation between rise in CO2 and global temperatures, but all the studies I know about have shown no causation. So we know that CO2 and global temperatures are both rising, but there has been no proof that one is causing the other.
Quote from The Very End :So, all this talk about global warming is just something the government tells us because they benefits from it?

Could be. Why else would they allow wind turbines to be built if they are looking after the environment?
Quote from The Very End :
I don`t see why so many known scientist should obviosly "lie" about global warming, but again if it`s something that America has to do with I can understand it

Who says they are lying? Humans understand very little about 'climate change' and we only tend to hear, through the media, about the stuff the governments want to tell us. There is just as much if not more evidence that global warming (as a human thing) doesn't exist as there is for it.
Just one thing I should said better, when I was saying something like Co2 is mainly the reason to global waming, I said mainly It`s not the worst gas, but it`s currently one of the biggest polution gases atm

But it isn't. Yes there is lots of it, but there always has been, and it's not even that bad in the amounts that exist. Concentrate on the really nasty gases and let CO2 do whatever it does (which isn't much).
Quote from The Very End :And as I said, example vulcano part, yes the temperature has rised / lowered by huge amount earlier, by various reason. I just saying that problem now is that there isn`t any of these big happenings on the planet atm, and it still does increase way too fast - by that reason I belive it`s human made.

The big climate changes in the past are mostly unconnected with volcanic activity. The earth is just as active as it always was, and has corresponding cycles. We have to cope with it, and reducing pollution is a good thing, but don't jump to the conclusion that the two are particularly related.
Quote from The Very End :The poles are rising? I have heared some people mention it, but I can`t see why that should be true. There are a lot of norwegian scientist up on the poles making studies, and all the studies have shown that it`s shrinkin, not increasing.

And studies have shown the mass of ice is increasing as well. Which do you want to believe? The ones that show increases tend to, in my opinion, have more science attached to them, whilst the ones showing decreases tend to look a bit made up.
Quote from The Very End :Again, maybe we all just gets fooled, and this is something the government wants us to belive, but why should people that uses all their time / life on studing the planet lie to us so the government could benefit from it?

Because the governments don't want to run out of money or power. Keeping us on our toes suits them a lot. Even wondered why there has never been a 'simple', worry-free year? Always something really bad to worry about that turns out to be fantasy...
Quote from The Very End :And, water reflects the sun yes, but it does not has the same effect as when sun reflects on ice. So by lowing the amount of ice on the planet -> higher temperature.

The reflectivity of ice and water are pretty much the same. And they both have similar specific heat capacities. The amount of ice doesn't change the heat reflected much, if at all. Besides, less ice = more water (even though levels get higher when ice forms on it, so water levels should drop when ice melts = less land, and land is less reflective, so less temperature. See how easy is to make a mockery of 'Global Warming'? That's because only about 2% is based on real fact.
Quote from The Very End :And one last thing, hehe, sorry - a other way that is proof on human made global warming, - look on the rain forrest. The rain forrest reduces the greenhouse gases, by choping down it there will be more gases in the air -> less heat comes out than in, and it gets warmer.

Maybe. We know have about 5% (+-5%) of the rainforest area compared to that of several thousand years ago. Yet the earth remains, on the whole, pretty temperature. So I see no link between rainforest destruction and global temperatures.
Quote from The Very End :Again, it`s IMO And no ofence to anyone invovled, and I didn`t really come to this topic for "braging", but I wanted to say my opinion about a very imporant subject, global warming. Now, we can belive that it`s eighter as you Tristan tells, all made up by the government, or we can belive it`s something we have done. Problem is that scientist are talking against each others, and disagree with each other, this makes people getting confused and starting to belive there is nothing.

The thing about science is that results matter. If the laws of motion only applied some of the time they wouldn't be well known as laws. Yet data on global warming changes depending on whether the scientist had bread for breakfast or porridge. As there is no consistent evidence for global warming how can we believe it.

If I measure my tank of petrol, and have 5.12 litres, then measure it the next day at 5.13 litres after a 10km drive, have I got a magic petrol tank, or did I measure it wrong?

Quote from The Very End : Edit : and pb32000 - who said I was aiming to you? I was talking generally to a lot of people, and the usually thinking - "as long it doesn`t affect me, I don`t care"

The other side of the coin is that because some people care, and because you've been told to care, you find any excuse to substantiate your caring, even though it's not based on fact.
To quote richard hammond, why cant the US just get a 'socking great jet engine' to blow the tornados elsewhere
Quote from tristancliffe : The other side of the coin is that because some people care, and because you've been told to care, you find any excuse to substantiate your caring, even though it's not based on fact.

My opinions are not based on what people tell me to think/feel towards a subject, specially the global warming mather. I like to belive that a lot of the things about global warming is based on facts. But again, maybe it`s just me that has been stupid enough to belive that? Well, it doesn`t really matter at all, because I can`t do a shit with it eighter way lol, but I like to have the ability to be able speaking up for something I beliving in
The way I see it, global warming, if not caused by humans now, will be caused by us sometime in the near future, with the rate at which third-world countries are growing.

And I really don't think the government is LYING about global warming in order to justify putting up wind turbines and the like. There are plenty of other reasons that would work well for that effort...

...and besides, last I checked, the GOVERNMENT seemed highly against the idea of global warming existing (at least in America.)
#44 - JTbo
Everyone boasting about CO2 should check how much CO2 all humans and animals make in a year when they breathe, then compare that to what cars produce for example, it is very different truth, something mysterious they won't tell us.

Even clouds are worse than CO2 See?

It is just that mass control from certain members of economial elite found out that current warm cycle can be used for their benefits, CO2 was found easiest method to be used in process.

Now some people are working in good faith spreading 'the word', these people often lack proper sceptic approach and many scientist are jumped into greenbandwagon, then more scientist have jumped in and now we are in situation where saying CO2 is hoax is same as saying earth is not flat was in times of Galileo.

I don't believe to any of such sillyness until 20 years of warm winters have passed, even then I would say it is way too early to believe, cycles are very long when compared to human life that it is not very much of possible to just believe in such things. One should gather data from few generations at least before his life time etc.

Was it 1400-1600 when there was small ice age? Since then we have gone towards warmer, when other places have been even more colder, could be that it takes some time until we see cold phase again.

Then remember planet switching magnetic polarity, sun activity and all.

Even in some ancient cultures there is stories of good times and bad times, direction of gulf stream has changed according to scientist in past, it has lead to destruction of some cultures they say. Modern greenbandwagon types say that it stops and we all are doomed, I doubt that very strongly.

I don't have anything against support to act enviromental friendly, but I have lot against this CO2 sillyness, they rise taxes for owning cars which have no any effect to global warming, they direct towards buying new car which has lot of effect to global warming.
Also they don't even try to limit or direct consuming to produce less litter and waste.

Can you imagine how much CO2 is produced from making all those packaging materials ? How much waste dumps produce? That is very wrong, people change mobile phones and computer + million other gadgets so often that it produces much more to global warming than cars.

Farming produces methane, it is few hundred times stronger than CO2 and it's effect is even stronger in CO2 than cars.

It is big hoax to loot more from ordinary tax payer's pocket and causing people to stay in control. If we would throw away silly consuming, we would have max 3 days work in a week and still all food we can eat, shelter and such, if we all would work together for short time, we would have few days work in month and all today's luxuries.

US military is biggest single producer of CO2 in world, btw. Maybe that is why US Goverment has not been willing to jump into greenbandwagon, which is good I think, they will probably win in long run as we have civil war in europe when people realise how they have been scammed...
I don`t see why so many known scientist should obviosly "lie" about global warming

Ah, anothe rone with not the slightest grasp on how science and especially scientific communities work.
It comes basically down to this fact: right now, if you want to research in directions that aren't popular, you will get two things: NO financial support from any official side, and lot's of real scientists who say you're wrong for the simple reason that everyone else says so.
A perfect example would be the string / super-gravity theory. In a nutshell: string was more poplular and thought that our universe is made out of 10 dimensions, the super gravity camp had basically the same hypothesis, but with 11 dimensions. At first they were ridiculed for their additional dimension, until the string camp found out that some things just don't seem to add up. Unless you add said ridiculed eleventh dimension to your calculations...
WOW heres pic's of the tornado and damage. from jackson
Quote from ColeusRattus :Ah, anothe rone with not the slightest grasp on how science and especially scientific communities work.
It comes basically down to this fact: right now, if you want to research in directions that aren't popular, you will get two things: NO financial support from any official side, and lot's of real scientists who say you're wrong for the simple reason that everyone else says so.
A perfect example would be the string / super-gravity theory. In a nutshell: string was more poplular and thought that our universe is made out of 10 dimensions, the super gravity camp had basically the same hypothesis, but with 11 dimensions. At first they were ridiculed for their additional dimension, until the string camp found out that some things just don't seem to add up. Unless you add said ridiculed eleventh dimension to your calculations...

Then how come so many scientists have been talking about climate change for the past 10 years. The reports have been available for years, and yet it has been deeply unpopular until recently. The biggest study was done before Al Gore's slideshow made the whole topic fashionable.

The comment-to-evidence ratio on this thread is staggering! Conveniently all evidence referred to is available offline only it seems. How handy.

If anyone is genuinely interested in climate change then do a little digging for yourself and you'll find that the science is pretty solid on this. There is around 90% certainty it's a man made phenomenon which in scientific terms is extremely high. There are always scientists who disagree of course, it's the nature of the business.

Just do the research yourself, it's all out there. For crying out loud don't rely on the sort of factless tosh you get on Internet forums!

This bollocks about the Government only letting you know what they want you to know is just utter paranoia, the Governments only became interested when the general public did. The science has been around far longer than the fad.
Ah yes, Wikipedia, such a fine academic resource. Only the best and brightest minds are allowed on there and everything is certified to be 100% true.

Quote from Forbin :Ah yes, Wikipedia, such a fine academic resource. Only the best and brightest minds are allowed on there and everything is certified to be 100% true.

I hate anyone who argues that point, because the fact of the matter is that 99% of the information on that site is not only extremely accurate, but much more useful than 99% of the other sites on the internet. I hate the "Wikipedia is open to everyone and therefore invalid" argument, because it just is not true anymore. Not only that, but there's nothing wrong with citing a Wikipedia source if you've done the research to validate the information you've found.
Uhm... lol? 99% more useful than shit is still pretty shitty.

On another note, that's a rather poor reason to hate someone.

Very VERY bad stuff :(
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG