The online racing simulator
Well... you tell me...

Lets all just be completely blind and totally disregard an improvement suggestion and go about our way by having to switch an option to completely remove the steering wheel in order to see what gear you are in? Are we seriously THAT reluctant to have this game improved?

Gimme a break. I'd rather not want to see LFS be the same old piss crap where we have to use workarounds to get rid of a blatant poor design. Isn't it clear enough that people want to see LFS improved, and not have people muddling around with options to make things 'appear fixed' ?

And the last thing you lot can say is "I prefer not to show the arms" :rolleyes: Yes, and?
You have a point, actually a good one. But calling names didn't help to deliver it, at least for me.

Sorry for the poor English ^
Quote from frokki :You have a point, actually a good one. But calling names didn't help to deliver it, at least for me.

Sorry for the poor English ^

Well I don't care, March is just another brainwashed "realism" pundit anyways.

It doesn't take good English to understand a usability flaw in a video game.

What pisses me off and drives me up a wall is the passionate players who suggest great things that would indeed improve LFS... then for their suggestions to be downplayed and disregarded by tons of other LFS players who seemingly don't want LFS to change at all. Like nothing can be made better of LFS. Such people need to really open their eyes and realize what people expect more of in LFS, and in how many areas LFS could improve. If we just carry on and continue forgetting about these improvement suggestions, there's a high likelihood that the devs are reading and seeing it is a much lower priority altogether. And trust me, the devs read A LOT.
Some of you guys rant on how its the persons fault for not seeing the gears because they choose if they want the wheel and driver arms shown. I believe it was a a good idea for it to get moved to a more proper place.

And I also don't get why it matters if your using a wheel or mouse, etc, It should be shown optimally weather what option you choose thus satisfying EVERY racer and not just the ones that turn the wheel and driver off.

Get what I'm saying?
Quote from XCNuse :Yes but on the same topic, the dash in the car then doesn't have a steering wheel, nor hands attached to it.

So .. I win.

You aren't "in" the game, thus you aren't part of its physics, thus by having the wheel and arms in it, you are making it more realistic.

... /end random tangent/rant

Hugely funny thread... The 'realism' arguments in LFS reach a new low....
Quote from Tweaker :And trust me, the devs read A LOT.

No wonder is progress is so slow then, with the amount of tripe fed by thousands of grubby fingers into this forum.
AARGH! AARGH! Tweaker is calling me names (again)! Now I must cry.

Get a grip Tweaker. You sound just like a 4-year-old who dropped his lolly.

Your reading comprehension seems to be out of alignment too or you haven't read my posts. Here is a quote you might have missed:
Quote from Me :But I have to admit that the gear indicator is in a pretty silly place.

There. I'm not against moving the gear indicator. I'm not against having the wheel and arms on the screen. Just that NOW as the game IS you should remove the wheel, or adjust your view, to see the indicator.

You just seem hell bent on getting back at me for something. As you seem to have something personal agains me I suggest you open up your PMs and we can continue this there. No reason to force other forum members to witness your ramblings.
Quote from Primoz :SOme of us WANT the virtual wheel and arms, anybody thought of that??

Agree

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG