The online racing simulator
#27 - Stan
I vote for a straight through race, pit when/if you need new tyres, or go slower and try to get away without pitting.

Sounds a lot more interesting than a mid race safety period!
From the Race Director

The Safety Car will be present at this round.

It will be an RB4, as will the Medical and Rescue Cars.

The Safety and Medical Cars will park at the end of pit lane when on standby.

If the Safety Car is deployed, it will wait for the field just before Turn 1.

Due to the slippery and tight nature of the majority of the circuit, the SC will go no faster than 80 km/h, but on the main straight it will go at about 100 km/h. All other SC rules will apply.
Quote from J@tko :Sure. As long as it's not better than ours

No fear of that then, I'm using paint for that added hand-finish!
Following testing on [DR] Server 1, Race distance has been reduced to 12 laps.
I have a strange feeling that this race will have a couple Safety Car deployments, from taking track tests, and just expecting it.

To reduce the risk of a first couple turns schemozzle, what are our thoughts on starting this event under SC ?

d
yeah i think it would be better to start with SC heh... It'll be massacre if you dont.
In fact itll be a masacre either ways O_O. Im really bad at this anyways so wether I make it sunday or not I doupt ill be getting a lot of points lol.
hmmm.. I don't agree. I don't really see what gain the safety car would bring to the start of the race. If we're rolling, it's not going to make t1 any easier. Actually, we'd just be carrying more speed and a bump or two might turn into a rollover

In fact I think it would be worse for a couple of reasons.

1) We're not professionals and we seem to have a hard time keeping up with the pace car (atleast in the couple of practices races I participated in) I don't want to be an extra 20 car lengths behind the leader because the field was spread out.

2) I can see there being some incidents just in the safety lap no matter how slow we drive.. before the race even starts

I thought rolling starts were to prevent damage to transmissions?

Anyway, thats just my opinion...
This SC start will not be like it will be at Kyoto.

The SC lap will be counted as part of the 12 laps.

Therefore, the start will be like a restart.

The idea is to let the field accelerate sooner, and get a bit more spread out for the first few turns.

d
Don't use SC to start the race, I know it's a Beginner Cup but you've got to expose the drivers to full-on race conditions.
Just to clarify...as of right now, the race will still be a STANDING START.

I am simply seeking out comment on this.

d
When is round 2 :P i will drive my rb4 :P
Quote from moskvich3v1 :When is round 2 :P i will drive my rb4 :P

This Sunday, 10th February.

[DR] Server 1

Timetable earlier in this thread.
Havn't had much practice for this round - 1.17 my best - get 1.18 consistently.

RB4 and FZ5 will have tyre problems.

Hope we get a SC.

@Dekojester - if you're ever on [DR] Server 1, plz remove the large numbers of tyres that are at the exit of T1!
Quote from J@tko :Havn't had much practice for this round - 1.17 my best - get 1.18 consistently.

RB4 and FZ5 will have tyre problems.

Hope we get a SC.

@Dekojester - if you're ever on [DR] Server 1, plz remove the large numbers of tyres that are at the exit of T1!

Ill be a SC for this race =]
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :Ill be a SC for this race =]

I will drive the SC, probably.

You can be a rescue or Medical Car again.

d
J@tko is there any way i can join?
Quote from dekojester :I will drive the SC, probably.

You can be a rescue or Medical Car again.

d

ill be Rescue 1 and sit in the pits again =]
Quote from mutt107 :J@tko is there any way i can join?

Hi mutt, you need to post this in the "Reserve List" thread. J@tko has been telling the reserves to turn up since it is likely they can race.
What is SC I amke 1:17 with Rb4 is it good time?
but i have a little problem :S when i make 5 laps my tyres are pre-over-hated and i have to change it
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :ill be Rescue 1 and sit in the pits again =]

You have a different parking spot this race !

d
Quote from moskvich3v1 :What is SC I amke 1:17 with Rb4 is it good time?
but i have a little problem :S when i make 5 laps my tyres are pre-over-hated and i have to change it

Well my pb is 1:15.XX but whenever i get that theres no hope for the rest of the race since my tires get fried :S. So far I managed to do 7 laps before my tires because so slipery that I have trouble braking after the straight.
i tried FZ5 and RB4 and i ran in the 1.20 sec times fz5 120 secs RB4 123 but i wrecked so maby faster slower?? hum fz5 is freaking fast but hard on tires and rb4 is very good on corners and easy on tires...
I still haven't even driven the track

Is there practice tonight at 7?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG