The online racing simulator
I am insured on a saxo VTS at 18 with elephant they love young drivers. Everyone else told me i had to be 21 for that type of car.

It is only 3rdparty fire and theft, on my dads name though, still £1300 for 10 months..
To thread starter:
I have a nice URL for you where you can see plenty of street race end results if you are interested. That is, unless you don't want to see pictures of dead and mutilated human beings who thought racing on the streets was cool.
Quote from spankmeyer :To thread starter:
I have a nice URL for you where you can see plenty of street race end results if you are interested. That is, unless you don't want to see pictures of dead and mutilated human beings who thought racing on the streets was cool.

That would be a good idea..
I think everyone of us had such a stage. The sence of "freedom" when you get your licence is for some like theys think they can drive better and faster than pro´s.

The only difrence is some aknowledge the risk and drive on their own on public roads where there is no trafic and the others never grow up thinking they know better.

I personally love driving fast. But, always calculating that no one is near me, neither in the car nor on the road. Thank god for german autobahns .

If your thinking of "not growing" up, take everyones sugestion and do it on the track. Its more safer for you and for everybody else. Buy yourself a used race car. Depends which one but i found some between 4000-8000 € (not profesional, but with cage and everything you need to be fast and safe)
Yep Strobe is right. Many people have a wild stage when they get their license.
Today for me it is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide: On public roads I'm driving extremly defensif but as soon as I have the possibility to take the car on a closed circuit, or when I'm driving on Karts I push on the limit.
But on public roads I see no sense in risking the life of others just because I think that I'm a great driver.
Quote from LRB_Aly :Yep Strobe is right. Many people have a wild stage when they get their license.
Today for me it is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide: On public roads I'm driving extremly defensif but as soon as I have the possibility to take the car on a closed circuit, or when I'm driving on Karts I push on the limit.
But on public roads I see no sense in risking the life of others just because I think that I'm a great driver.

I'm not saying drive so fast you can kill yourself, but I can say I know my limits more then anyone else, and when I go out to drive that's just how I do it. I don't drive super fast so I undanger everyone, but I just think it's fun, and I'm not the only one out here, after all I am in the capitol for street racing, so you wouldn't believe all the people that are willing to drive fast around here. Am I crazy saying I have a need for speed off the street too? I'm not saying I race full out on the street or I would be dead, but I just can't seem to keep it under the limit. And all I'm saying is that I know how to handle a car much better after this. I'm not risking life and limb, just can't stand driving like a stiff.
My wife was recently knocked off her bike by a motorcyclist that 'owned' a corner. Make no mistake, this guy was 'racing', not with anyone else just against himself, on a nice quiet country road! She was closer to being killed by that **** than I would want anyone to be. This happened in August last year and has still not made a complete recovery. So don't talk like a pratt! The roads are for getting from A to B on, not for sport. Take your racing to a place that's designated for motor sport. You've no idea the heartache idiots like you cause. Don't dare to tell me you haven't hit anyone because, carry on as you are and it's only a matter of time.
I ask again, how old are you? I am not one to believe "I am such a better skilled driver because of racing games" like I've read of opinions before. If you are young, then you do not have the experience that us older folks have, like I do not have some of the same experience as say someone in their 40's. If you think that racing on a PC will gain you experience in driving a real car, you are mistaken. It may help later when you gain real life experience, in understanding the physics involved with how a vehicle reacts, but if you have never experienced what it feels like in real life for the tail to kick around in an oversteer situation, or a 4 wheel slide, then you will be in for a big surprise when it does happen. On the PC, you have the feel in the wheel only with FF and NO feel in the brake pedal. You also have no fear of hurt or death on the PC. In real life, you feel it in your body in g-forces and will most likely slam the brake pedal in fear or surprise, causing the vehicle to move further out of your control. If you've never experienced an "emergency" situation, then you don't know how you WILL react even if you can sit there and say, theoretically, you know how you SHOULD react.
I think the TV ads should show some of the horrible scenes they show us at school. You'd think twice before racing on public roads if you see the things I've been showen. Even if you don't hurt anyone else but you kill yourself you've still left the police, fire brigade and ambulance crew an awful site.

If you thinking driving within speed limits is like a 'stiff' then you shouldn't be on the road. Okay I'm not saying I'm strict to the speed limit but I'll never be doing much more than 65-70 and I certinaly don't try push the car to the limit round corners. Far to many things can happen on the public roads. I'd rather keep my conscience clean and not have the possibily of having killed someone because of idiotic driving. I keep my racing for the track.

I like the way you say you like to show of your great driving. If you were a great driver you'd be on a racing circuit not being a wannabe Schumacher.

Bet you weren't excpecting these sort of responses

Keiran
doesnt matter how fast you go theblackrabbi, i've heard several reports of people dieing from running into trees under 20 mph
any speed over 10 mph is life threatening, actually.. i take that back, getting INTO a car is life threatening, just do the math.

think about it: lets take a common car, say a 2002 honda civic Si
http://sportcompactcarweb.com/ ... 201scc_civicsi01_zoom.jpg

a fun little car, yes indeedy

now whats the weight of this car? well.. average, roughly 2744 for a car of that size
now lets say your driving around at 10 mph.. thats not to fast is it? thats under half the speed you go in neighborhoods (here atleast)

now lets say something happens and using your 'defensive menouvering' you escape a wreck but theres a tree infront of you

lets do the math when you hit that tree:
2744 lbs car X 10 mph = 27440 lbsmph of momentum comming to a halt in less than half a second

i dont know any knowledge about gforces and what all that would do, but you wont just 'walk away' from any small wreck like that, heres a deadly example i found in wikipedia:

Quote : Involuntarily: Formula One race car driver David Purley sustained 179.8 g in 1977 when he decelerated from 107 mph (172 km/h) to 0 in a distance of 26 inches (66 cm) after his throttle got stuck wide open and he hit a wall.

Luckily he lived

and as it says in anywhere about driving; driving is a privilege not a right

@mrodgers; it says hes 25 in his profile
Is theblackrabbi really being serious? If so it's people like him that really make the roads a lot more dangerous to be on. Few things can be as dangerous as a poser thinking they are the shit and know what they are doing when they are really just being reckless.
This must be some kind of bait and the hook is... well... inside someone

I dunno know. I just can't understand why I should drive like racing on public roads. Though the best part is that "nature takes care of these angels" but the bad thing is that it is mostly some outsider who loses his legs or life in the process.

You don't want to destroy other people's lives just because you want to have some fun. OR do you?

How about let spankmayer post that URL and let's lock this thread...?
If I drove in LFS the same way I drive on the street it would take me about 4 minutes to do a lap around Blackwood.
Quote from XCNuse :lets do the math when you hit that tree:
2744 lbs car X 10 mph = 27440 lbsmph of momentum comming to a halt in less than half a second

i dont know any knowledge about gforces and what all that would do, but you wont just 'walk away' from any small wreck like that, heres a deadly example i found in wikipedia:

C'mon, at least try to be realistic here and use some common sense. You say someone won't walk away from a 10mph impact??? Yeah, maybe if you hit a knife sticking out of your dash. Don't forget about the added safety of items such as bumpers, crush zones, aibags (although they probably wouldn't go off) etc etc. As an example, I've run into solid objects going at least that fast, gotten up and continued to move on.

Edit: All that momentum coming to a stop will affect the damage to the car and tree, not the driver.
Hello,

My version: I love cars , before i can remember, and i love drive, and drive fast sometimes(most times i go alone), but the first thing i know is a am a bad driver, include inside lfs, the less gap with a arreche wr(my reference) is 2,5 seconds.

In Real Life:

When i drive fast on a road ( i think is veeery bored and nosense drive fast in a autobahn , anyone can drive fast there, very strange a drive faster than 140 - 150 km/h ( limit 120 km/h) , here in spain if a speed camera take you a photo a more than 180km/h , you can lost your driving licence.).

I love take hard roads with close turns and try go fast, always on mi side , and not disturbing and no put other drivers in danger, always try to keep a reserve of grip (the grip an average driver can know).

Sometime i try a manouver like lfs , and ROOCKS!! is like XFG (i usually drive an alfa romeo 147 1.6 120 bhp ) i have VDC(ESP like electronic device) and i can say that do a lot, i know when it actuate. , but i know some people here in my country that they thinks is because he knows drive very well..¬¬'.
#41 - JJ72
First off,I have to say that there is indeed a difference between legal speed limit and a person's own limit, and if someone is fully capable in staying in his own limit he will be fine,however this theory on public road has two fatal flaw:

1.There isn't only one driver on the road,and even if someone is fully capable of controlling his own car at his own pace, he won't be able to predict the reaction of other drivers or pedestrians. And since the rest of the world is moving at a much slower pace no one would really be always alerted of a outstandingly fast car approaching and react sensitively.

2.If you had been to track days,or you have been doing some sort of racing, you will understand that staying 70% within limit and staying 95% within the limit is two different world. Race drivers gain their experience by push near or sometimes over the limit, which can't avoid resulting in spin and crashes, however they are able to learn from those mistakes simply because they live through these. I know that you does benefit some way driving fast on street and paying attention to your car's dynamics, but compare to the level of understanding and car control the race driver has it is a tip of an iceberg, and I personally knowing quite some individuals on both end of the car scene my experience tells me that those who actually learn their skill from a race track is miles ahead of those who does it on street, because they have the proper equipment and hence have the consistency in understanding both their and their car's capability, and most importantly - they accept the fact that there are situation that no human can save and has respect to the danger of driving, such humbleness and guts to decline the urge of being a hero and "greatest driver on the road" is something most road wannabies are lacking, and no matter how good your skill is you can't make up for that mentality.
Quote from JJ72 :First off,I have to say that there is indeed a difference between legal speed limit and a person's own limit, and if someone is fully capable in staying in his own limit he will be fine,however this theory on public road has two fatal flaw:

1.There isn't only one driver on the road,and even if someone is fully capable of controlling his own car at his own pace, he won't be able to predict the reaction of other drivers or pedestrians. And since the rest of the world is moving at a much slower pace no one would really be always alerted of a outstandingly fast car approaching and react sensitively.

2.If you had been to track days,or you have been doing some sort of racing, you will understand that staying 70% within limit and staying 95% within the limit is two different world. Race drivers gain their experience by push near or sometimes over the limit, which can't avoid resulting in spin and crashes, however they are able to learn from those mistakes simply because they live through these. I know that you does benefit some way driving fast on street and paying attention to your car's dynamics, but compare to the level of understanding and car control the race driver has it is a tip of an iceberg, and I personally knowing quite some individuals on both end of the car scene my experience tells me that those who actually learn their skill from a race track is miles ahead of those who does it on street, because they have the proper equipment and hence have the consistency in understanding both their and their car's capability, and most importantly - they accept the fact that there are situation that no human can save and has respect to the danger of driving, such humbleness and guts to decline the urge of being a hero and "greatest driver on the road" is something most road wannabies are lacking, and no matter how good your skill is you can't make up for that mentality.

I talk about the limits, to indicate that drive fast at autobahn for mi don't have sense , i see people crossing autobahn from left to right a more than 160km/h between trucks and other cars, this type of driving is crazy.

the first we have to have is respect with other drivers.

I agree, me sense about limit of me or my car isn't comparable with a race driver but... i love drive roads.

I am Currently programming a software for gps , that i can rec a path , and the idea is when i pass the next time for the same path ... it chronometer my time ... :P yes illepall
Quote from XCNuse :doesnt matter how fast you go theblackrabbi, i've heard several reports of people dieing from running into trees under 20 mph
any speed over 10 mph is life threatening, actually.. i take that back, getting INTO a car is life threatening, just do the math.

think about it: lets take a common car, say a 2002 honda civic Si
http://sportcompactcarweb.com/ ... 201scc_civicsi01_zoom.jpg

a fun little car, yes indeedy

now whats the weight of this car? well.. average, roughly 2744 for a car of that size
now lets say your driving around at 10 mph.. thats not to fast is it? thats under half the speed you go in neighborhoods (here atleast)

now lets say something happens and using your 'defensive menouvering' you escape a wreck but theres a tree infront of you

lets do the math when you hit that tree:

Luckily he lived

and as it says in anywhere about driving; driving is a privilege not a right

@mrodgers; it says hes 25 in his profile

lol wtf?? If you crash in a car at 10mph the momentum of the car isn't going to be acting on you its only your momentum, and it wouldn't even give you wiplash. And these people that have died having hit trees at less than 20mph?? They must have had heart attacks or something cause that's not gonna kill a person. And don't try and say if a car hit a person at 10mph that would kill them because it quite blatantly wouldn't. Do you even read what you write before you post?
..ok.. anyone ever felt an airbag go off.. thats pretty painful lol

(i was only being realistic, but either way, moving at only 20 mph can do some serious damage to a car)

and no.. hitting someone at 10 mph wouldnt kill them; it would only RUIN their life and would most likely never be able to walk again
#45 - DmcL
i dont have a rwd car with "the stig" on my number plates for nowt ya know

saying that i know when to and when not to. in my years of driving/assclowning on the roads ive only even been caught once doing something silly... and i got let off (...just). if you must then atleast make sure possible surprises are at a minimum and no one is around.

another thing to think about besides someone pulling out on you, tyre blowing at high speed, hydroplaning, other people losing it, animals running out and all that fun stuff.. theres also the small fact that if you constantly rag your car your going to have to repair your car more often. ive had my dohc sierra for about half a year. in that time ive popped the engine twice, first i rebuilt it, second the bottom end went so now moving on to another dohc before the knock turns into a rod punching a hole in my block. last but not least.. if your out acting like gods gift to the automobile and you crash infront of all the petrolheads how big of a numpty would you look like then? been there done that, not fun and usually not cheap. remember there is no pit button in real life
Quote from XCNuse :..ok.. anyone ever felt an airbag go off.. thats pretty painful lol

(i was only being realistic, but either way, moving at only 20 mph can do some serious damage to a car)

and no.. hitting someone at 10 mph wouldnt kill them; it would only RUIN their life and would most likely never be able to walk again

Wrong. It is very rare that someone is seriously injured being hit at 20mph or less, someone would be incredibly unlucky if they couldn't walk again after being hit at 10mph. It is jogging speed, it really isn't very fast at all.
some may call the accidents caused by street racer's just natural selection, but what about the innocent people that the streetracers crash into?. recently someone i talk to once in a while was hit by a streetracer. the street racer's paralyzed and my buddie's knee is totally f%cked up. Street racing is stupid. I dont care if you risk your own life, dont risk the lives of others.

ironicly my buddy is a former streetracer himself. but even before the accident he became against street racing.

all these idiot Fast and Furious/ initial d wannabe kids are ruining it for the people who actually "know what they're doing"
Use some common sense, the only way a 10mph crash into a tree would kill or seriously injure you would be if you strapped yourself onto the bumber of the car before you hit the tree. 10mph is not that fast, you can run that speed(maybe not for very long)
The problem with crashes is that kinetic energy is equal to mass times velocity squared, so a crash going 60mph is way worse than one at 15mph, four times the speed, sixteen times the amount of energy that must be dissappated somehow for you to come to a stop.
Quote from BrandonAGr :Use some common sense, the only way a 10mph crash into a tree would kill or seriously injure you would be if you strapped yourself onto the bumber of the car before you hit the tree. 10mph is not that fast, you can run that speed(maybe not for very long)
The problem with crashes is that kinetic energy is equal to mass times velocity squared, so a crash going 60mph is way worse than one at 15mph, four times the speed, sixteen times the amount of energy that must be dissappated somehow for you to come to a stop.

You guys are tripping hard. All I wanted to ask is if anyone enjoyed driving as much as they do here. Sorry but I'm not an old guy yet, and I drive with a heavy foot all the time. Haven't been in any accedents, just been the one to always avoid them. You guys don't ahve to get all pissy like I'm saying take a ferrari out at 150 on street roads, I'm not crazy, I never would put my life at risk, I save that for the track, nowhere else. Does anyone understand my question now????? I drive as fast as I can and no faster. Allot of A#*$holes on the road drive fast but have no idea what they are doing. All they know about driving is when they were on bumper cars as kids, I'm not like that and never will be. I just find a thrill out of driving fast, gee somebody on this game wanting to do that!!!! And you know who I blame???? These games, cause they are the best thing in the world, and when I get into my real life car, it's just as exciting to me....you ever see how motercycles drive? How they drive fast and go around cars without causing trouble, well that's how I drive Sorry if people are too chicken to live a little in real life.
ENJOY?!

who the hell enjoys running around streets way over the posted speed limits?!?

btw yes i know about how motorcyclists drive.. and you cant drive a car like a motorcycle

dude.. you need to go see a psychiatrist or something if you enjoy endangering hundreds or even thousands of peoples lives every day

oh btw, you cant blame the game makers either; it was your decision in the first place to go outside and be an idiot in the first place
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG