The online racing simulator
New Nokia's
(11 posts, started )
New Nokia's
well since nokia first brought out there first camera phone i stopped buying them cause it was worse then falling flat on ur face then trying to imprint the blood onto a white sheet.

But i just got the Nokia N82 because it was in the window of a shop and i had some extra cash laying around

ive got to say well ...................the phone is FANTASTIC

but there are some let downs

biggest is 5mp camera thats like well its a nokia i don't expect much
look at attachment one (all images shrunk to 500pixles to save harsh server usage on lfs)

all tho video really makes up for it as its really clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h_qMBwcsXI

Gps is well i wont say it but it works if u like drinking a few coffees and having a long smoke brake before u set off.

and random new Firmware errors like now when i click options i don't get the options i get the command lines lol
see attachment 2

good things about this phone other then being ugly and big and heavy is.
video calling as thats the szit now. fast data transfusing across the 3g networks, best in call sound quality ive hurd on any phone ever great amount of storage. mines the 8GB model with another 1.5 gb on board memory. Ngage is preloaded on it, and Its fast and Cheap i payed 3000rmb(214pounds) new with warranty from shop for 3 months replacement(hence the little stickers)
and then all rest fix by nokia
And i got a wireless stereo headset with it that displays my music also.

and my fav TV OUT THAT WORKS it puts my ipod touch to shame lol look and see In the attachments
Attached images
31012008007.jpg
CIMG1877.JPG
04022008020.jpg
04022008021.jpg
CIMG1857.JPG
CIMG1862.JPG
CIMG1863.JPG
CIMG1865.JPG
CIMG1866.JPG
CIMG1868.JPG
CIMG1871.JPG
#2 - Krane
3000RMB???! Please say that doesn't include VAT/taxes... Otherwise, that's like half the price we pay here...
489€ (5203RMB / 363£) is the cheapest you can get it from the shop today without selling your soul to any telecom...

I got me a N82 too couple weeks ago. Indeed it's quite wicked. My last phone was RAZR V3 (the first version) It's like comparing Win3.11 to a Mac OS X Hell it can even properly multitask and fit quite alot more than one (1) MP3s that would into a RAZR V3 And even more when I get 8GB mSDHC card... still waiting for the prices to drop

Re the errors have you tried updating the firmware? I did, pretty much straight from the box. And had no problems with other than made it nearly unusable when I put about 5000 landmarks in to Nokia Maps. Won't be doing that again.....
i got the euro version as well

if i was to get the Chinese version i could get it for 2600rmb but no English language

Hell the worlds made here i expect it to be cheap also games are bioshock in English 130rmb i payed in box with receipt and was given an environmentally friendly bag

the firmware is up to date its
V 11.0.117
10-12-07
rm-313

nokia n82 (25.01)

also 4gb MSDHC cards are 400rmb here lol i cant find another 8gb one
Only a 2MP camera, but I wanted a phone, not something to rival Harjun's dSLR's!!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/ ... dows-Mobile-Smartphone/p1

Best phone I have ever had...even plays MP4 movies in widescreen after upgrading the supplied 256 Micro SD card with a 1Gb !!!
Better sound with MP3's than my dedicated MP3 player..plays quite a few mobile games... WIFI Interwebs...and a REAL (teeny weeny!) keyboard!

SPV E650 .. easy winner
i had a HTC s710 before this and still do lol windows smart phones are far to slow
#6 - JTbo
Crap with bugs in it, also sound quality still has hiss and click also some twirlllll, don't understand why to put car price to phone

Maybe time has just gone past me
I looked at the N82 after I saw someone here had it (probably you then), and was interested. I want a phone with internet access en GPS, but then I looked up the price, yikes!
People were looking at me funny when I bought my current one for about 320 euro's (nokia 6233). But I bought it in 2006 and it was one of the top models back then.
I do have a few problems with the software, but it's old now (S40 software).

Well, it's still working now, and I don't feel like spending money on a cell right now, so I'll be keeping it for a while
yea wait for it to come down the Voice Guidance are an extra cost.

Google maps is good if u live in the us it has not street maps for asia and i dunno about other places,

other then that the pic quality is the same as a 2.0mp sony Ericsson's so id get one of them lol
Do today's phones run Symbian faster than 2-3 years ago, or has the software bloated at the same pace as hardware performance has improved?

Haven't planned to switch my 6630 any time soon though, as it works just like it did 3 years ago, and there isn't really anything new for the money at the market.
Hope it's not cheap plastic and awful built quality AS USUAL...

it is awful design as usual though
Quote from frokki :Do today's phones run Symbian faster than 2-3 years ago, or has the software bloated at the same pace as hardware performance has improved?

Haven't planned to switch my 6630 any time soon though, as it works just like it did 3 years ago, and there isn't really anything new for the money at the market.

I'd say programs start as fast as they do on my desktop computer (AMD 3700+, fast HDD) on my E60

New Nokia's
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG