The online racing simulator
Round 1 Post-Race (and FP) Discussion
This topic will be for the general discussion of all of the free practice sessions and the race that will occur over the weekend.

Any complaints about behavior or conduct shall be posted in the "Round 1 Penalties and Results" Thread.

d

Edited by J@tko who was then edited by dekojester

Results:
http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/R1_Race.html
It was good practice but I only got good after everyone left :S

I managed to get a 1:34.64 !!!
FP3 is from 16:30-17:30 on Sunday

I do keep the "Beginner's" part of the name in mind when judging incidents. I will judge them more lightly than if this were another series

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Hey - I'll be able to make it to tomorrows FP I think...if there is FP3 that is.
On the subject of 'Too Many Threads'...finding the dates/times of the free practices is a little bit annoying. There's two posts buried in two separate threads (& probably more) both with different times, one post with two FP listed & one with three. It's just not clear enough & actually finding the info is hard enough!

Oh and try to remember: this is the Beginners Cup. You simply can't expect perfect driving from us all. Sure, there's certain standards to abide to (Clean Racers Club Rules) & rules are rules but accidents & mistakes will happen. Just please try not to be too harsh with the penalties!

So anyway, race day tomorrow, might see you for FP3 if not then I'll see you on track for Round 1!

-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(moskvich3v1) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(dekojester) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(TG44) DELETED by J@tko
-
(evilpimp) DELETED by J@tko
-
(EveningStar) DELETED by J@tko
#4 - J@tko
Frankly astonishing evening for me.

Quali'd 2nd with a pb.

Finished 2nd after some last lap argy-bargy with Marlbro.

Great race all - congrats to Mistatea!
#5 - TG44
Yea gratz Mista! But I'm very dissapointed to my driving. went very very bad. also bumped this one guy onto the grass.. I might get a complaint about that..
Quote from J@tko :Frankly astonishing evening for me.

Quali'd 2nd with a pb.

Finished 2nd after some last lap argy-bargy with Marlbro.

Great race all - congrats to Mistatea!

Congrats to Mistatea and to J@tko ...nice pass on the last lap.
Good racing all.
I have just this minute heard news of the loss of a close relative so I won't be on for the rest of the night...see ya guys.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from Marlbro :Congrats to J@tko ...nice pass on the last lap.

I was catching you lap after lap (amazingly ) and used my favourite passing spot to get past. Thanks for the clean racing

Quote from Marlbro :I have just this minute heard news of the loss of a close relative so I won't be on for the rest of the night...see ya guys.

Oh - I'm so sorry to hear that

May they :tombstone
Sorry for your loss, Malbro.

Not a good night at all. I wasn't anywhere near a decent pace, and I overreved my engine while downchanging and Juuretis overtook me couple of times very easily on the straight cuse it wouldn't go as fast anymore.

But it was fun though, keeping someone a lot faster behind me... And we bend the rules of physics: It is humanly possible to be slower than Jack...
#9 - J@tko
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Will we see some video highlights of this first round by any chance?

Yep - Dekojester's the man to talk to.

At this point - I'd also like to thank the Medical/Safety Team who, thankfully, were not needed

Thanks for turning up guys!

This is possibly the time to come clean!
I've probably driven more laps round this combo than all the rest of you put together!
And I still came second!
I'll be languishing near the back for the rest of the season
Congratulations everyone, I did terrible
It was a good race. I wasn't really happy with my performance, but oh well. T1 was kind of a disaster. When the front bunched up, the guys behind me were coming in really strong and I was kind of stuck in the middle. After making a bit of contact (sorry) I wound up losing 3-4 spots.

I think we started much better in the "lag start"
I'd like to apologise for messing the start up. I forgot that I wasn't in the race when the race was restarting - and I may have set the start up incorrectly, so instead of it taking quali results, it took something else. Ah well, twas sorted in the end
Was it really necessary to stop qualification session today and why was it stopped? Because one car was on the grass far from the road.. I had a lot of fuel so I could stay on track longer and my plan was to drive fastest laps in the last minutes but now I had no time to do laps with extra push... Now my time was about one second slower than laps I did just before qualification..
Quote from FinnWest :Was it really necessary to stop qualification session today and why was it stopped? Because one car was on the grass far from the road.

The car was not in a safe position.

That position has seen that sort of incident many times, and another car copycatting with the car still there (before any of the safety team/admins could react to it) could have punted either or both back onto track and in the way.
I'm really really annoyed that I missed it

Sounded like a great race

Knowing my luck I'll get all ready for R2 and then wont be able to make it
Heh Thanks everyone. Great racing!

Marlbro you pressured me so much without probably knowing it O_O I actually messed up a couple of corners because of it lol.
Sry for ur loss, may he or she RIP.

The Red Flag in qualifying did seem pointless but it sure helped me :P the lag start was pretty smooth and I didnt realise that the actual start wasnt so great as I pulled away on T1 by 2 seconds :S

Great race everyone. Cant wait to see the vid :P

Thanks Jack and the whole crew who made this event happen
Not really complaining, but were those with 1.34.XX laps beginners? I mean, I joined the league because I thought it would be people of my own skill level, but 1.34.XX is pro level IMO...it's less than 2 secs off WR...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Not really complaining, but were those with 1.34.XX laps beginners? I mean, I joined the league because I thought it would be people of my own skill level, but 1.34.XX is pro level IMO...it's less than 2 secs off WR...

Because this is the combo for the Demo, It is expected that the times will be very close to pro. I expect that we'll see laptimes fall off in the upcoming rounds.

d
Ah, I never had demo, explains it
Heh. I also talked to EveningStar before because he was doing way better then me. Sometimes people are beginers at LFS but are real racers in real life. Therefore they know techniques that we probably dont know.

Honestly, it just takes concentration to get a 34. When I started practicing I had trouble getting better then 38...
lol my PB in XFG is 1:37.34 lol and that was the best I'll do
Other things you can do is watch the World Record replay from LFSworld and try to remember the braking points, the line, etc...
heh DevilZ told me that and it was really helpfull.
J@tko, it doesn't really matter - but my fastest lap was 1:35.02, not 1:35.20 I only remember because it was a new PB for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG