The online racing simulator
New guy...
(9 posts, started )
New guy...
Hey guys/gals,

I found out about the game two days ago and I must say i love it. I played FORZA Motorsport (Xbox) for about a year now i think, and I am slowly getting sick of it.
I love racing, I work on a go-kart track so I do know about sportsmanship. Looking forward to getting better at it too.
The problem is that when I run a race (demo) with more than two AI drivers the game slows down. I think my comp is outdated a little bit (lol). It's a Dell Dimension 4300 with NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, Pentium 4 CPU 1500MHz, 1.50 GHz, 256 MB of RAM. Should I even think about getting the S2 license?? Im not really sure if Dells are upgradeable. So any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, if it gets better I want to get a wheel.

Thanx,
Kuczus
indeed you're puter is terrible. not even HVS on that gfx card...
any ultra cheap config u buy nowadays will be a LOT faster than what u have.
however since lfs is very configurable and system friendly, u can select options to make it playable on that platform. it wont look as good as it could, though.
S2 is still very advisable in case u like the demo and run it fine on your computer.
Also, the AI are very CPU intensive, as not only their 'thinking' has to be calculated, but also all their physics, suspension and tyres and general stuff. Online multiplayer you don't have that CPU load, so it runs a lot better.
Reducing/turning off some graphic options wont help you much. I have a Celeron 1,8GHz, 512RAM, GF4 MX440 and it's hardly playable when 5 cars are nearby. As Kidcodea said, "any ultra cheap config u buy nowadays will be a LOT faster". It's the only reasonable solution for you, imo.
#5 - Jakg
dells should be upgradable
Quote from Jakg :dells should be upgradable

No there is no point upgrading a system like that, only logical solution is a whole new box.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I guess ill just have to start saving up and buy a new one then.

Building one on my own should be a lot cheaper right?? IF I DO it right.

Thanks guys for all the info.

I couldnt resist and got the S2 anyways.
Welcome to the family :up:

If you need any help with computer advice theres usually enough people running around on the Hardware sub-forum We're multiskilled
How do i insert skins or autocross tracks??

Cause i just drop the files in the proper folder and still nothing happens. Do i need some kind of a program to do this?

New guy...
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG