The online racing simulator
policeman banned
(26 posts, started )
policeman banned
Godammit. FINALLY a cop that looks like he might be a nice guy - but he gets banned. How come cops speeding to EMERGENCY SCENES get banned, but cops racing to DOUGHNUT SHOPS don't?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :cops racing to DOUGHNUT SHOPS don't?

Further evidence that the mob has moved into the pastry business.
I thought this thread was going to go like this,

Policeman banned.....from redline servers for no apparent reason
Utter and absolute madness - don't agree with the ban at all, whats the problem, where's the risk or danger?, where's the common sense.

Its not like he was pullin a dangerous stunt or putting anyone at risk.

Just another jobsworth doing his business I suppose.

(I like the smell of Napalm in the morning, - go on go for it )
#6 - robt
looks like he just wanted a laugh, it WAS 4am. there was probably nothing about. i get the urge to do the same sometimes
#7 - kirmy
the people who banned this guy really are beige, i mean come on the lads got a bit of a sense of humour, he was just messing about like for a rollercoaster picture. You have to admit he had courage to do it, and hes got a decent sense of humour
Another victory for the speed camera, safety angel, safety camera, piggy bank, not only do they make a lot of money from hard working people who are going 3mph over the limit, but they also take police off the roads for us. The world is a much safer place thanks to this invention. Thanks Holland

Seriously though, a highly trained driver taking his hands off the wheel for a split second, on an empty road just so he can have a giggle, whats so bad about that? I am more concerned about that bitch behind me in the 5 tonne 4x4 driving to the nail bar doing 30mph, while using her mobile to tell her friends about the new makeup she is applying to herself using the rear view mirror.
More a political matter though isn't it? Their has been bad ones like the off duty police officer doing 150Mph (Around that anyway) in his new vectra and was caught. He then got away with it because he claimed he was testing it and everyone quite rightly went mental.

Now if they let this guy away with it people would go mental again, just another way to make people think that police don't get away with everything.

Good pic though, atleast some of them have senses of humour.
There's a little saying when it come to stories form the Daily Mail.

"Were going to hell in a handcart people" The mail always looks for the downright negative and makes it look as if the whole world is crashing down.
Please could you post a real news paper?

I bought Daily Mail once. When I went to Waitrose, they ran out of their own brand and Andrex
Quote from kirmy :the people who banned this guy really are beige

Obviously I'm getting old already, because when I was a lad beige was a colour, not a type of person
Oh what a waste of effort. It's so overblown. Appaling driving? Hello, have you tried retesting 90% of the people on OK roads today? The majority would fail the retest, and UK tests are not known for being especially difficult.

Stop reducing speed limits everywhere and adding cameras and take the people who can't drive anymore off the roads, I say.
Ha ha I hate speed cameras they're far to serious.
& i spotted a glaring error in the article

Headline reads:
"Driving ban for 'look, no hands' policeman who raced past speed camera at 73mph with thumbs up"

then further down:

"Sat behind the wheel of a panda car and doing 68mph in a 40mph zone, he and his female colleague can be seen with their thumbs in the air, smiling at the camera as it takes their photograph."

So question is which was it 73mph or 68mph? maybe he could of got off on a technicality.
The answer lies in the paragraph right before the one you're quoting.

Quote :He was first captured by a speed camera pulling the stunt as he responded to a 999 call on July 26 last year at 4:53am.

I guess they're referring to the first time he was caught on camera.
Quote from Bob Smith :Stop reducing speed limits everywhere and adding cameras and take the people who can't drive anymore off the roads, I say.

Well..., interesting comment, - who exactly are the people who can't drive anymore?
How do you identify them - is there a test - should there be - what is your criterion?

Its not that I disagree with you, but how high should the standard be?
For example - an Apache helicopter pilot (apparently) can fly a helicopter, whilst looking at the cockpit screens and his normal viewable environment with one eye - whilst the other eye is looking through a lens for potential targets and threats in infra red, whilst at the same time giving information or orders to the ground.

Yet we as car drivers get hung for using a mobile phone whilst driving a car because we apparently cannot concentrate on both safely.

This indicates to me that we need more training as drivers to be safe drivers, and if we cannot perform this sort of task - perhaps also whilst reversing into a gap between two park cars at the same time, then you should not be given a license.

The driving test is far too easy, and is mostly given to people who are not ready to accept the responsibilty to have one, (including myself).
Sure I had the ability to drive competently as I worked in motor garages from 9 year old, but I was over confident and sometimes (most times) drove like an ****.
The only thing I can say in my defence is that when I past my test there was only about 30% of the cars that are on the roads now.

So again who do you think is not fit to be a driver and why?
You can start by making Pass Plus manditory, then reduce the cost of advanced driving lessons. Then increase the theory test to 100 questions, then limit the number of tests you can take. For example there was a woman who had like 70 tests, eventually she only just passed in an automatic car. I don't want her on the road potentially running over small children or crashing into me when I passed first time with 2 minors. Then there are people who got their license in the 17th century and still drive when they are 200 and can't see over the steering wheel. Manditory re-testing every 10 years and a reduced cost if you already hold a license. Then take away all speed cameras, and spend the money employing more traffic police. A speed camera can't pull over a stolen car and find its full of drugs and dead people can it?
This reminds me of the cops on super bad. Lol
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Then there are people who got their license in the 17th century and still drive when they are 200 and can't see over the steering wheel. Manditory re-testing every 10 years and a reduced cost if you already hold a license.

Indeed, my old next door neighbour was like that. Nice old chap, pushing 80, seen the world, like his cars, was probably a good driver once. But after a) nearly driving into a learner driver who pulled out infront of him, when he was indicating to turn left, when he was going to take the 2nd left (which, incidentally, had a filter lane, so there was no need to indicate at all), he was sure it was the noobish learners fault, b) being too short to see over the steering wheel he genuinely looks where he's going through the slot under the steering wheel and the top of the dash, and c) driving down the motorway the wrong way and writing his and another car off... he still has a licence!
What does it take? I just need to tell him to take his hands off the wheel while going past a speed camera at 4am and he'll be off the road pronto!

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Then take away all speed cameras, and spend the money employing more traffic police. A speed camera can't pull over a stolen car and find its full of drugs and dead people can it?

I can see it now, speed cameras with an infra-red (or infa-blue for corpses) mode, their slogan: "I see dead people".
Quote from tristancliffe :Obviously I'm getting old already, because when I was a lad beige was a colour, not a type of person

That's because when you were a lad (when did you get a sex change anyway?) everyone was beige.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You can start by making Pass Plus manditory, then reduce the cost of advanced driving lessons. Then increase the theory test to 100 questions, then limit the number of tests you can take. For example there was a woman who had like 70 tests, eventually she only just passed in an automatic car. I don't want her on the road potentially running over small children or crashing into me when I passed first time with 2 minors. Then there are people who got their license in the 17th century and still drive when they are 200 and can't see over the steering wheel. Manditory re-testing every 10 years and a reduced cost if you already hold a license. Then take away all speed cameras, and spend the money employing more traffic police. A speed camera can't pull over a stolen car and find its full of drugs and dead people can it?

I passed before this theory test thing was introduced, in my day the instructor asked a few questions and the worse you drove the more questions you got, but I have to agree with compulsory retesting every 10 years, and we could get the government to do it easily if we just reminded them this would be an awesome money spinner.

I had a few crazy phases of driving when I was young, once my confidence was up and I knew how fast I could drive. I was absolutely crazy for a while.

What stopped me, other than one time having to draw on all my driving skill to not kill everybody I had endangered, was having a car that was fast, because then I knew that my idea of fast in a fast car just wasnt remotely viable any more, and i've not really sped since (except that one time in my Alfa, but hey, I just had to know how well it cornered, and the answer was very well indeed).

So I think high performance cars should be available on prescription.
how about just not letting half the noobs on the road in the first place or how about yes to the 10 year thing but also 1 year to make sure that the new drivers are doing everything correct?

ill admit ive done my fair share of speeding but it was on a motorway not like the young kids who like to do it on streets where its more dangerous

if anything the testing in the UK should be changed i know to many people that shouldn't have a license

and to the 10 year retesting half the people on the road would fail, looks like more buses will be needed and more trains
Quote from Bob Smith :Indeed, my old next door neighbour was like that. Nice old chap, pushing 80, seen the world, like his cars, was probably a good driver once. But after a) nearly driving into a learner driver who pulled out infront of him, when he was indicating to turn left, when he was going to take the 2nd left (which, incidentally, had a filter lane, so there was no need to indicate at all), he was sure it was the noobish learners fault, b) being too short to see over the steering wheel he genuinely looks where he's going through the slot under the steering wheel and the top of the dash, and c) driving down the motorway the wrong way and writing his and another car off... he still has a licence!
What does it take? I just need to tell him to take his hands off the wheel while going past a speed camera at 4am and he'll be off the road pronto!

I can see it now, speed cameras with an infra-red (or infa-blue for corpses) mode, their slogan: "I see dead people".

I see your old man driving the wrong way down a motorway and raise you an old lady across the road from me managing to press the wrong pedal...result? Her pug 106 was perched on our front wall leaning to one side. The wall was all over our garden, and a few years later we still find bits of her car in the flowers. She was about 1 foot away from a drop into next doors drive, which would of been very serious. If our wall had not been rebuilt the year earlier I expect she would of ended up in our living room, because the old wall was falling apart.

policeman banned
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG