The online racing simulator
ignore feature? never fell over it
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, you can use it if the pedals are in a good position, but just as with LFB, you never actually have an excuse for using it on public roads. It's something that is necessary to do for on the limit driving, or to make a sporty ride feel nicer. You CAN of course do it for normal speeds too, but without lots of practice you're going to make the ride less smooth than if you had simply let the clutch do the work of getting the revs up.

totally agree... normal pedal position for throttle and brake make it really hard to feel both one feet. I am greatly interested in tht 'cos I would try to mount them in buggy for LFB, but problem is the throttle is standing and brake hanging from servomechanism, but I hope I will make it comfortable to master LFB taught in LFS
Quote from DeadWolfBones : edit: but I left-foot brake in real life, so maybe I'd be dead by now if not for that.

you Americans, please avoid this thread

@Lerts: please, drive a car first to try it. note: dont forget to ask your parents first.
I've been playing racing games with a wheel and 2 pedals for year. Always instinctively used left foot braking, I didn't know there was another way.
The day I got in a car for my driving lessons, I didn't think ONCE about left foot braking. Didn't even got into my head. Only because I read about it here on the forum, I tried it (on a straight empty road), only to notice I suck at left foot braking in real life and there is no need to do it.
I drive an automatic that has a sequential shifter on it(my avatar), which I use all the time. However I have tried LFB a litte, and im not used to senitive control with my left foot, even though ive done it a bit in LFS. I thought about using left foot braking with the sequential while downshifting so i can blip the throttle. But really I do not see a point. I usually just apply breaking and downshift appropriatly to keep it smooth.
#56 - JTbo
My take on this is that left foot braking does not harm, if person confuses game controls and IRL controls I strongly feel that he should not drive a car IRL, because certainly person does lack some of abilities and self control to be safe driver on roads.

Besides, left foot braking is just perfect technique on slippery twisty roads if you drive fwd or awd.

edit:
Heel and toe can be used in walking speeds too, I do that quite often when closing intersection where I have to turn.
The only real issue I see with left foot braking is people who tend to rest their foot on the brake the whole time.
#58 - JTbo
Quote from Stang70Fastback :The only real issue I see with left foot braking is people who tend to rest their foot on the brake the whole time.

Rofl, indeed but those should be get their license taken away anyway
As always on the road in real life. If you want to learn a technique, learn it in an empty parking lot where it's safe.
Quote from JTbo :Rofl, indeed but those should be get their license taken away anyway

Well, they will - when they rear end someone doing 80 because their brakes are overheated and don't work. Though it'd be nice if they got it taken away before then - but either way.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG