The online racing simulator
Round 6 (Rnds 11 & 12) : Fern bay Club Reverse : Post-race discussion
I'm glad this terrible combo is over. DNF in both races. Very sorry to Kringle.

Quote from 4mula95 :BAN ?! OOHHHH THX !!! **** you all !

I have never seen such an attitude in a league race. Not even on public demo servers, tbh. :thumbsdow
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm glad this terrible combo is over. DNF in both races. Very sorry to Kringle.

I have never seen such an attitude in a league race. Not even on public demo servers, tbh. :thumbsdow

Yes, it agree abuse was not need, for as I am sorry. But understand also you me, what you would make on my place? I think not simply sat and looked...
Yeah, me either, I was shocked TBH.

I must aplogise to everyone in the race, that kind of language will not be tolerated.

@4mula95, if you review the race, you will see you were all over the place, spinning, crashing etc, the person who you abused had made an error, like you had plenty of times before, there was NO malice, it was an accident.
Quote from danowat :Yeah, me either, I was shocked TBH.

I must aplogise to everyone in the race, that kind of language will not be tolerated.

@4mula95, if you review the race, you will see you were all over the place, spinning, crashing etc, the person who you abused had made an error, like you had plenty of times before, there was NO malice, it was an accident.

Do, that you want!
i am off
Quote from 4mula95 :Yes, it agree abuse was not need, for as I am sorry.

I don't believe you one bit since you already threatened to do "something beautiful" to him in the other thread. illepall
#6 - bozo
I didn't finish either race particularly well, but I had some good racing.

GFresh was displaying some excellent control in race 1. We had quite a few laps together, passing each other a few times before my pace dropped off. I really enjoyed that.

I felt sorry for Serp on lap 4. You were slow coming out of the corner before the last chicane, and I had the momentum to get alongside. We touched wheels at the left kink, before I moved ahead into the chicane and you couldn't slow in time. I've watched the replay a few times from different angles to understand what happened. It appears that I was expecting you to be taking the kink a bit closer to the kerb, but perhaps you were aware of GFresh coming up your inside. Overall I think that I made the move correctly. I'd be interested to hear your view though.

Race 2 started well from 2nd on the grid, and I had an great time defending against M.Sonntag, then GFresh again - although by now he had learnt where to overtake me! Made some silly mistakes later, and finished well down the order. Still enjoyed the racing though.

Well done to Dan for managing the evening so well.
Yeah, was some good racing there fella

Quote : GFresh was displaying some excellent control in race 1

Would that be when i was driving on 2 wheels through the chicane? or just in general? Thanks all the same
#8 - Mauni
Round 6 (Rnds 11 & 12) : Fern bay Club Reverse : Post-race discussion
Qualification: I did some hotlap training before race and managed to get 43.17 lap, but in actual qualy I was struggling with the chicane. On the last moment I did a 43.36 with help of Danowat's slipstream and grabbed a satisfying 3rd position.

Race1: Good racing with Speedway until I spun after the famous chicane. I lost many places, but was lucky to be able to pass a couple of just a tad bit slower dbp guys on last laps and finished 4th.

Race2: Starting at the middle of pack worried me a bit, but start went surprisingly clean for me. At early laps some guys spun in front of me and I found myself 3rd behind Bozo who seemed determined to hold his position. I made my smartest moves, but couldn't get pass him. His defensive driving was enjoyable.
Before mid race Kamo joined the battle, but he tried the traction at the grass and unfortunately spun.
Exactly mid race Bozo spun at chicane and I was finally able to make a pass after half a race good battle. 2nd place now and after Race King tried to play king of hill at the very same chicane I got first place.
At that point there was some seconds to 2nd driver so I took it easy and tried not spun. I had some moments after which winning the race felt good.
#9 - bozo
Quote from Mauni :... and I found myself 3rd behind Bozo who seemed determined to hold his position. I made my smartest moves, but couldn't get pass him. His defensive driving was enjoyable.

I enjoyed that too. Thank you for being patient .
First race - right rear tyre melted half way through. Pace and consistency suffered dramatically.

Second race - took it easy, tyres went fine, lost a little pace but was worth it, until lap 17 or 18 when I rolled it through the chicane (which had been proving easy up until that particular moment).

My own fault for not doing any practise until 10 mins before qualy. Still, best splits would have made a 43.5x, I'm happy enough with that.

I do like the track though, always have... really edgy.

Dan - I tidied these two threads up for you, hope you don't mind.
First race was boring - started 1st finished 1st

Second race was really interesting. I was able to not kill anyone ( but someone rolled before my eyes on first lap but not my fault) and landed behind mauni - i passed him but he immediately got beside me - that's where i made a stupid mistake and spun on first corner damaging my front suspention a bit. Bach in 8th than 7th and 6th. on lap 12 i saw a nice lol - 3 guys before me was fighting for position and all 3 crashed on the chicane
Later i spun once but was able to stay on my 3rd position.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from 4mula95 :Do, that you want!
i am off

bye you rude excuse for a.. child.

Quote from kamo2000 :First race was boring - started 1st finished 1st

Yeh, that winning crap, must get really boring after a while

You know what, all in all, it was what I expected it to be, so im not so dissapointed, but I guess it is bad when you expect to not finish or finish last.

Ho hum, Bob's Fonce and the "Polish Fingers" talk kept me going.

Im please the "i hated you" guy has gone. That should take away at least half of the driving issues.. Its not so much that there is dirty driving, its just a lack of patience.. a bit of pushing and shoving.

But im confident we can change that before the end of the season!
Quote from bozo :I felt sorry for Serp on lap 4. You were slow coming out of the corner before the last chicane, and I had the momentum to get alongside. We touched wheels at the left kink, before I moved ahead into the chicane and you couldn't slow in time. I've watched the replay a few times from different angles to understand what happened. It appears that I was expecting you to be taking the kink a bit closer to the kerb, but perhaps you were aware of GFresh coming up your inside. Overall I think that I made the move correctly. I'd be interested to hear your view though.

At first I thought it was over-ambitious, but you're right, I would have taken a different line if GFresh wasn't threatening.

Anyway, I've raced you enough to know what a clean racer you are.
Well, like Bob, I left it till 10 minutes before Qualifying to start practicing for the track

Qualy was not great for me, but Race 1 started off surprisingly well considering. Think I was running in 6th or something until my lack of practice really showed and started having offs a bit too often - Then I managed to roll it, and try to reset the car...and in doing so tried to recover to pits and ended up taking you-know-who out of the race (and subsequent championship) - Which, looking back on now I probably should have just gone to spectate and maybe could have avoided some nastiness - I dont know

Anyway, Race 2 went great for me, after my little practice race
Started 13th and just kept my nose clean, drove smooth and was fortunate that drivers in front spun off. I did think about chasing Mauni at one point, but saw sense And from lap 15 onwards kept a keen eye on Kamo, just to make sure he was not going to catch up
#15 - MR_B
That's quite alright Zeugy, this things happen.

I must say this wasn't my favourite combo by a fair way. That sneaky extra stack of tyres on the first corner really buggered my chances, and had to make a setup change to compensate which meant i couldn't get near my 43.69 pb time, but anywho's that's life.

Looking forward to the next round, and watching Danowat race direct reminded me of some of the old CRC events... I'm starting to settle into this championship quite nicely.
Quote from mkinnov8 :

Yeh, that winning crap, must get really boring after a while

Well not winning but lack of fighting and driving alone is the most boring thing.

Quote from tongey : And from lap 15 onwards kept a keen eye on Kamo, just to make sure he was not going to catch up

I would but i damaged my suspension earlier ... :}
Well, TBH, I don't really know what to say about last nights event, what with 4mula95's outbursts, and my shocking (lack of) organisation, it sorta sullied any fun or enjoyment I should of/ could of had.

TBH, I will be glad when this league is over, I am a little dissapointed in how it has all paned out, and certainly the effort that has been put in, hasn't been on par with the enjoyment that the league has given.

So all I can say is sorry about last nights event, hopefully the last 2 events will go smoother, and that some enjoyment can be gotten out of it.

That said, last nights race went "ok", started almost at the back, and made a few places up because of crashes etc, managed to finish 8th, which I was fairly happy about, race wasn't overly exciting, simply because I was so far off the "race pace".

Race 2 was pretty much the same, although I managed to get damaged, so that put the dampers on me finishing in a half decent placing.
I don't think you've anything to apologise for. Overall the league has been enjoyable and very well organised. Of course some people will have bad nights, but I think the majority have had fun.

As for 4mula95 - he's just an immature child acting the big man from a safe distance. More to be pitied than anything..
Not your fault Dan, im a little dissapointed that you will be happy when the league is over, the MRT usually generates some great racing and overtaking oppertunities, and the organisation, as far as I can tell has been nothing short of great too.

But when it's all over, if you find yourselves wanting more MRT, DBP's MRT Series should be just about to start up again And I think I'd go so far as to say all that are here would be welcomed.
Dan, I agree with Serpentine on this one - you have nothing to apologise for.

I have enjoyed the events I have been in so far and this league is still pulling in the numbers, so from that point of view, I would regard this season a success

There are too few MRT leagues out there, and I for one wish to see more

So thank you for the league, your hard work is being appreciated
I think it's the combination of the weekly frequency, the fact that the numbers have waned, the (which could be vehicle related) lack of respect some drivers have shown others, the fact I can't really drive the MRT for toffee,and my lack of time available for practice and admin duties, has just exasperated me.

I really like racing LFS in a league environment, but ATM, as I said before, for me personally, the effort vs enjoyment ratio is is too far in the effort section.

I guess I am just not "feeling it" this time round.
Weekly is though. I find myself enjoying racing a lot more if I'm practised. Especially if I've been practising with others who I'll be racing with, it helps build up the hype. I've not been feeling any in this league but as stated, that's self inflicted.

It's always tougher to enjoy things when you are organising/host, the longer you have the same bunch of people though, they know what to do more, and will organise themselves. In our DMR league's, the admin hardly has to say anything, we've all been doing this so long.
Yeah, i think for season 2 we should make it every 2 weeks, more time for practice and other leagues (Opposite weeks to RSC would be good )
It's hard for me to belive that no one have time in whole week time to do one hour practice no matter how busy he is...strange...

I could even race everyday without practice but that's me.
Quote from kamo2000 :It's hard for me to belive that no one have time in whole week time to do one hour practice no matter how busy he is...strange...

I could even race everyday without practice but that's me.

Believe it mate, this is my week................

Work, getup at 5:20am, get home at between 4:30pm and 5pm, have meal, every monday, wednesday and friday, I train, after a days work all day on the computer, I really don't fancy spending another hour on the computer to practice, plus, at my age, you just want to relax in the evenings.
Also, everyother weekend I have my daughter to stay with me.

Trust me, a spare hour is VERY tough to come by.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG