The online racing simulator
Microsoft to Buyout Logitech
(32 posts, started )
#26 - BURN
Quote from FL!P :What about that G25 mod that Logitech made for the BMW events where they used LFS too, BTW? I hoped they'd release it. Anyone heard anything about that?

I wanna know about that too.

About MS - they should build the Sidewinder again!
#27 - MR_B
it's not going to be for sale afaik. It's on the BMW M3 Challenge website as the 2nd place prize and it states it's not buyable.
I've had the pleasure to use numerous Logitech products over the years. I still have my active Z-2200 THX 2.1 speakers kicking and sounding great after over 5 years (if my memory servers me correct) of heavy listening. The mice have been great and the G25 is in a class of its own... pricewise.

The news have brought me mixed feelings. Somehow I have a feeling we'll see more compromises what comes to good game peripherals. I guess MS is leaving Razor behind as they are a clear competitor of Logitech?
Seems MS wants to take over everything these days...

Logitech products are by far the highest quality for the price. Almost ALL of my peripherals are made by Logitech (webcam, keyboard, mouse, Z-560 Speakers, G25, DFP, DF, etc etc). Im not opposed to MS taking over Logitech as long as quality isn't sacrificed.... If quality goes down the drain i will be quite disappointed.
It's nearly a month since the rumour news and nothing has happened... enough to declare the rumour bullshit?
Not gonna happen.....P-E-R-I-O-D-!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony owns 43% stock in Logitech. This was part of their settlement deal last January. It is IMPOSSIBLE for M$ to buy Logitech. I will stake my membership here at LFSForum on it.
Microsoft should buy Logitech. i have a Microsoft (Razer) Habu. and it's much better than my Old Logitech G7.

allthough... i do have a Logitech Wave.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG