The online racing simulator
Korean Translation
(63 posts, started )
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I plan to make the font selectable, at least in cfg.txt and maybe in the interface. Also on some computers there is an issue with character placement and formatting - but I think this depends on the font selected (Windows chooses this at the moment, apparently randomly) so maybe you did not see that bug.

But I'd like to make the default font a good one. I'm not sure yet exactly how to make the right font appear but I guess it will be by name. To help me do that, is there a reasonable looking font you know of that is installed on all Korean computers by default? I mean one that comes with Windows and the user does not need to install anything.
Good Job!
I've just downloaded Y4 and tested it.

The chged font is quite good!(How did you find that?)

Text wobbling has gone too.

But there is one thing I would like a change.

When we chat on game, the T key only works when it's english.

So when we chat on korean we have to

push korean/english chg key -> T(english) -> korean/english chg key
-> write a message in korean -> enter -> korean/english chg key
-> T(english) -> ...

This would be quite annoying when we need to chat while we

are racing on our limits

The T key on korean is ㅅ

I'll post again when I find the right Key code.
I know what you mean about the text mode entry key. But that could be difficult because when you are in multi byte text entry mode, I think LFS does not receive the normal keypresses. The solution might be something like when you press enter to leave the text entry box, LFS should automatically switch your input back to Latin mode. I'm not sure if this is actually possible though, or if it's user controlled only. Anyway it's on my notes to try and find out.

To all Korean translators :

Can I make one request for the translation, if you could fill in the first two help text entries that would be great. I'd like to release a public language test patch later this week. We need the first two entries to be complete for a translation to become official (/agreement and /demo_warning). I've shown on the attached screen shot how to edit the help text file. The other help entries are optional.

Also on the screen shot I've pointed out one thing which is usually misunderstood. The "an" is not a translated word. It's not the English word "an". That entry must be "an" or "na" to specify the noun / adjective order (e.g. English = an = Cloudy Day / French = na = Day Cloudy).
Attached images
info.jpg
Quote from kew0914 :The chged font is quite good!(How did you find that?)

I forgot to answer this before.

How it works is it asks for a list and sorts them in order of priority.

If it can find "Gulim" it uses that
If not then if it can find a "SWISS" font it uses that
If not then if it can find a "MODERN" font it uses that
If not then it will use the first one it finds

Thank you for the help file update! Looking good!
broken text in font list :)
It work, very nicely

JIT had small mistake, he was not Y5 version.

http://kr.img.blog.yahoo.com/y ... g_3_1057_0?1201159919.jpg

as you can see very beautiful

now our translation remain Key.pdf(i don't know how edit, but figured out) and
autocross, command, trainings someting

it no need many times, we soon complete.
Thanks, I'm pleased that font name fix did work - I was a bit confused for a minute there!
Scawen help me.

i don't know this option.

Shift+K : <-What is this option. Help.

ps. We Worked help text translation.... Waiting please haha!
Attached images
LFS shift_K_korean_help.jpg
SHIFT + K - skip tune

This means, stop playing the current music track, and move onto the next one.

"Tune" in this case means a music track or "song" - but a "song" usually has words, so I used the word "tune". I could have also used the word "track" but in LFS that could be confused with a race track.

"Skip" can mean to miss something out, or jump over something.

So... "skip tune" just means stop playing this piece of music, but do continue playing (different) music after that.
Thx Scawen ~!

And one more question "Multiplayer system" -> "swap side"

what is it? "swap side"
Swap side is when you change driving side of the car (left hand drive / right hand drive). This cannot be done when you are already in the car.

That string "swap side" replaces %s in this expression (and maybe somewhere else) :

3g_no_x_car Can't %s - car is on the track

So it would say "Can't swap side - car is on the track"
thanks to your explanation, scawen

we already knew about "swap side" but, unknown when that string using

thx
help.txt
I've just finished & checked the Korean Help text.

I'll check once more tomorrow but I think it's all done.

please tell me if there is something wrong, I'll correct it ASAP
Thanks but I can't seem to download that file, I get errors.

Please can you try putting it in a zip file and attach it to your post?
Talking about swapping side. There is a bug after displaying that error message. Menu option is not reverted to its original state, neither the driver position is updated after ending the race . Interesting is that if you go to pits instead of ending the race, in the garage driver position is updated. But after returning to track it is still not updated.
We Are Complete The Korean Translation
We'v Got E-Mail (08/02/03)

Thx to Scawen

And All Korean LFS User.

We Are Look for Next Patch.

ps. Game Credit Name ... How?
Thanks. I guess the Input Method Editor is working ok!

I'll send one final test this evening and then we can do a public test version tomorrow.

About names in credits, it's up to you. I think it would be nice to show your names written in Korean but I can use your LFS user names or a Latin version of your name if you prefer.

If you'd like to see your names in Korean writing, please can you attach a plain text file in the Korean code page so I can copy the multibyte characters into the LFS credits page.
Here is Korean Translators Name.

Credit Name. Wiiiii

ps. 힘내라 스카웬 로버츠
Attached files
Korean_Translators.txt - 372 B - 246 views
Thanks for that.

In the end I decided to use the Latin version of your names. This is because some computers do not support multibyte text or they do not have the fonts installed and in that case the credits page would have squares or blank spaces.
scawen, we found unnatural word so correct now.

before public patch, our correction is adjust?
Hmm, no, I did not change anything in the Korean translation.

What sort of things happened? Is it an LFS bug or a translation change?
not bugs just change in our translation area
scawen, we received the mail about help-text.

and we translated strange part, "?" to korean

thanks to your mail.

Korean Translation
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG