The online racing simulator
FXO, with a V6?
(57 posts, started )

Poll : Should the FXO have a V6?

Closed since :
Four bangers for life!
V6 yeah!
Quote from JJ72 :because then it wouldn't be balanced. It'll end up something with a lot of low range torque, very front heavy and drives like a pig, it will overtake everyone on the straight, and lost it in the next corner becaues the front tires vapourized.

The whole TBO class already have low end torque. You're exaggerating it a bit. A 3 liter V6 would hardly weigh more than a 2.4L flat four to cause handling like that. The FXO already handles horribly.
I'm just being paranoid, but I get the feeling that Karbine and dude56 are the same people, or friends working together at the very least.
How about a twin turbo rotary in the XRT?

Would drive all the patch X demo drifters nuts
you can change the car engine sound yourself..

Go to LFS map / data / engine/ and then change the name of this file; FZ5_default.eng and FZ5_default_1.eng

kopie thes files to a other map, change the names into FXO_default.eng and FXO_default_1.eng. then copie these files again and replace them into the Engine map. tadaa you have the FZ5 v6 engine sound in yr FXO

you also can do a mix of car sounds! just the same way as i told before but then use for example FZ5_default.eng and MRT_default_1.eng and change the names to FXO!

verry easy and no work for scawen so he can go on holiday

grtz
the only way i would want an fxo v6 would be if the 4 cylinder one remained in the game sort of like a fxo gt, or st, or the likes, the tbo would be a bit rubbish if there was only 2 cars racing against each other.

+1 with 4 cyl fxo, -1 without
Quote from Karbine :The FXO already handles horribly.

In the wrong hands, yes it does

What we need is some more new cars, not tweaked versions of current models.
IMO the FXO is nothing like a Honda Accord - the numbers fit rather nicely with the Vauxhall (Opel for those on the continent) Calibra and the looks with the Astra Coupe. The 2.5L V6 Calibra has 20 kW less power or so less power than the four cyl turbo.

No need for a V6, four cylinder turbocharged is still more popular than V6, generally. Besides, it would be hard to balance. Keep them how they are, although a 2L NA FXO would be rather interesting with the XFG and XRG.
Quote from henrico-20- :you can change the car engine sound yourself..

Go to LFS map / data / engine/ and then change the name of this file; FZ5_default.eng and FZ5_default_1.eng

kopie thes files to a other map, change the names into FXO_default.eng and FXO_default_1.eng. then copie these files again and replace them into the Engine map. tadaa you have the FZ5 v6 engine sound in yr FXO

you also can do a mix of car sounds! just the same way as i told before but then use for example FZ5_default.eng and MRT_default_1.eng and change the names to FXO!

verry easy and no work for scawen so he can go on holiday

grtz

Er, no. Every sound sample is a single pop noise, and LFS's sound engine works by multiplying those samples. You can't get a 6 cylinder sound with a 4cylinder engine.

-Dude56 is a friend of mine.
Hm... I'd prefer a V6 in the RB4. A big V6 powered FWD car just seems so weird for racing. Even Audi used Quattro. I wouldn't like it TBH...
Quote from Karbine :Er, no. Every sound sample is a single pop noise, and LFS's sound engine works by multiplying those samples. You can't get a 6 cylinder sound with a 4cylinder engine.

-Dude56 is a friend of mine.

Oke yr right not exactly the same as an FZ5.. but what i mean is the basic sound of an FZ5 but then in a FXO.. ofkorse it is not completely the same
Quote from Primoz :Hm... I'd prefer a V6 in the RB4. A big V6 powered FWD car just seems so weird for racing. Even Audi used Quattro. I wouldn't like it TBH...

Nah, none of the 4WD Celica/Subaru/Lancer (any type) have a V6. FXO would make the most sense V6, but it's fine how it is. I like the sound of air being rugby tackled in to the cylinders via the turbo
Nissan GTR. SUre, it's a big V6. And sure, it has 2 turbos. But still :P Don't really see the TBOs as rally cars for the road, they seem more as a basis for touring cars. But then again, those should be 2.0 N/A or something...
Quote from Primoz :Nissan GTR. SUre, it's a big V6. And sure, it has 2 turbos. But still :P Don't really see the TBOs as rally cars for the road, they seem more as a basis for touring cars. But then again, those should be 2.0 N/A or something...

I personally see the FXO as a Calibra clone

V stands for vulva
How about an N/A version of the FXO and RB4? Both FWD of course.
Flame war FTL
#43 - SamH
V6 FXO would handle like freight train. No thanks, keep the 4-cyl turbo.
If there's another FF car added it should be something good like an Integra/RSX. Big engines in FF cars only happens in big FWD saloon/family cars, which is not what should be on the short list for LFS..
Why aren't there any FWD supercars? Because it's a crappy layout for racing.
FWD GT class does fine. The FXO isn't a small car, a sedan would only be a few inches longer and maybe 100-200lbs heavier.
#47 - Jakg
Whats wrong with an FXO-R which is stripped down with better suspension, super-road tyres. VTEC-ish system and that weighs less? Sure it wont be in the TBO class, but so what?
FWD GT class does fine
Only because the econobox market is there to feed it.

Anyway a bigger fwd car would be boring compared to other cars not yet in LFS, like a Corvette or M3 or something muscle-ish (no real meaty road going engine cars in LFS yet) like a Monaro, or F430/Cayman, or AWD MR like Lambos, or a roadster like the TVRs or Weismanns, or an LMP racecar, etc.
The only fwd cars that've gotten unquestioned driver's car status are the Mini, the RS Focus... Maybe a few others but definitely dwarved in number by models of other drivetrain layouts, especialy F-RWD. There aren't any FWD supercars because it's an inherently bad layout. It's meant for cheap mass production, and has been adapted to racing, not the other way around. This would be apparent in the relative sluggishness of a car like the big heavy FWD sedans.
just make a 2.0L n/a version of an FXO and RB4 and give it the looks and handling of a WTCC car!
I know the best solution, if you don't like how it is right now, then don't drive it at all.

FXO, with a V6?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG