The online racing simulator
/me is one of the testers and is looking forward to receiving the wheel

Damn happy, I am
#77 - Jakg
Vykos, do you know if theres and NDA at all? I'd be interested "out of curiosity"...

PS - Damn ye living in Germany, if one was coming for me you'd get yours before me
#78 - Jakg
Quote :Dear Jack

We have selected you to become a community tester of the Porsche 911 Turbo wheel!

Although we had several hundred applications for this job, we have selected because of your broad expierience with several racing games and wheels

But before we can send you the wheel we need your confirmation to the terms of this test and we would like you to confirm your profile data so that we have the correct adress. Please log on to www.911wheel.com and follow the instructions on the start page.

You can change your profile at any time later if you go to “My Account” -> “Edit” -> “Personal Information”.

The wheels wil be sent in the next few days and will arrive next week.

I would be happy to receive a positive feedback from you. We will open up a Forum to discuss technical questions and to share the experience of the testers among our community. Beside that you are free to contact me directly but please be patient if I am not able to respond immediately.

I would like to thank you for your participation and hope you have a lot of fun with the wheel.

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Jackermeier
CEO

Endor AG
Seligenthalerstr. 16
84034 Landshut
Bayern / Germany

About the lack of NDA...

Quote :Firstly, thank you Thomas!

Secondly i'd like to ask a few questions as the FAQ did not make this clear - can we talk about this wheel? i.e. am i allowed to post my opinions on a public forum?

[TJ] you are not only allowed to, you are very welcome to do so. This is the purpose of this test. As many forums as possible,

Am i allowed to just not say anything negative about the product?

[TJ] no problem. If you find something

Am i even allowed to acknowledge i have this wheel publically?

[TJ] sure

YAYZ!

PS - All beta testers, if you dont want your address public then tough luck - it appears in your profile for all to see!
can't you win this in a certain league?
#80 - Jakg
Yup. But they haven't come out yet so "we" will get it first (looking at the list of Beta testers, from the LFS community i think GP4Flo or Vykos will get it first as their nearer)
Quote from Jakg :About the lack of NDA...

YAYZ!

could you make the same sort of vids niels did for the g25 with the porsche thingy pls ?
#82 - Jakg
Part of the testing involves a video review so i'll try.
I will be giving my input here about the wheel too Will be mostly testing FFB, precision and how much it can take, as I will be mostly drifting/rallying it.

Btw guys, can you still see/be able to confirm the betatest-confirmation text even after confirming it ?
#84 - Jakg
did any americans get picked...
Hope to get the thing as soon as possible. It'd be nice to get a G25 too to make a comparison test. I'm on a dying MOMO ATM...
doubt it, I bet they have enough german testers that they wont bother to pay to get the wheel all the way over here...intersted to see the first reviews...but still, 350 bucks..wow
#88 - Jakg
I had a look at the list of Beta Testers, and so far all the people who have asked for it to be sent (ie by filling in the info about the address), and i see...

Me - UK,
FEL - Sweden,
Vykos/GP4Flo - Germany,
Primoz - Slovenia,
KamkoR - Poland.

Feel free to englighten me if anyone else is. I get to keep the wheel 'till the 15th, then i have to send it back.

Sending a wheel (M$ Sidewinder) across the UK cost me £10, lord knows what it's like for a bigger wheel from Germany to here, and they are paying for it to back, too. I can understand them not sending it to the US though - they wont "get" anything extra (apart from perhaps more PR in US-centric Sim-communities like R2P and perhaps an NR2003 forum).

I've been told that i'm under NO NDA, and so i can say what i want anywhere (even if it's bad - which i'm assured it isn't) and put pics all over the internet (which i fully intend to do!).

The wheel is £220 in the UK (RRP, G25's RRP is £200 iirc), which is a little much, but remember this is wireless and designed for the PS3 market as well...

Time will see what it's like. Can't see any buttons on the wheel, looks quite nice quality though. Time will tell!

According to Fanatec i'll have mine "by next week".
Same here. THe buttons. Maybe there are 8 on the wheel? The silver rocker-like thingies... Will see. It does have 'paddles' - buttons on the back side, simmilar to Mercedes steering wheels and semi-auto transimisons. Don't really like the wireless that much ATM... Will also see what it will be like. There will definetly be less clutter on the table. Counting down to the next week. Good timing too. Just after the 4th LFS GT race and a month (or half a month) before the next race. SO i'll be able to freely use the 911 wheel and get used back to this crappy MOMO in time for the race. Jakg where will you test it? LFS, RBR and TDU are assured here, prolly GTR2 also (with NAPP mod i presume).
#90 - Jakg
LFS, RBR, GTR2/RACE/rF, GPL, NFS:Porsche 2000 :P
I was selected to, looking forward to seeing what it's like, I'll be impressed if I prefer it to my Frex though. I think it's got potential as a G25 rival, which distinctly didn't impress me when I saw them in the flesh at the Autosport Show

Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :It is unlikely to beat a G25.. They use the same type (ish) of motor; from an RC car (not really making a lot of sense for high torque low rpm applications if you ask me..)

But they only use one.. This means likely that there is more gearing, meaning a slower spinning wheel..

The big difference is this wheel uses a belt drive, which should be quieter and hopefully smoother than the current geared wheels even if it isn't as fast.

Quote :
What is the advantage of a belt drive?
There is a little gap between the gears of a gear drive. As there are several gears used between the motor and the wheel, those gaps accumulate.
A belt drive has no such gaps and the feeling is much more precise and smooth.
The result is a feeling which is closer to a real car.
A belt drive is also more silent than a gear drive.
The disadvantage is the much higher production cost of the belts and the metal ball bearings which guide the belts.

Can the belts be stretched?
We use high-end belts made in Europe. The manufacturer is www.gates.com which is a well know supplier for medical and automotive applications. The belts are made with carbon fibre and this material does not stretch at all.

Yup I am selected too. Lets see what it is made off.
Quote from Gabkicks :there's supposedly a wheel coming out for gt5 as well... i wonder if it will be a g25 with some extra buttons and gt5 logo, or something better.

I would be very surprised if GT5 includes a clutch and H-Shift in his model, it's not impossible, but the chances are low for that to happen.

Maybe a two pedal G25 thing without the shifter.
Quote from Eldanor :I would be very surprised if GT5 includes a clutch and H-Shift in his model, it's not impossible, but the chances are low for that to happen.

There's nothing hard about an H-shift or clutch, both could easily be achieved in an arcade game.
I have MOMO wheel, and I much liked than g25. g25 its not for lfs, I this its much to rally or somthing.. for lfs I think best is momo wheel
#96 - Jakg
Have you actually USED a G25?

I fail to see how a Momo is "better" than a G25, go on, enlighten me.
Quote from Tauriss :I have MOMO wheel, and I much liked than g25. g25 its not for lfs, I this its much to rally or somthing.. for lfs I think best is momo wheel

ROFL a g25 isnt for LFS ??. A momo is better then a G25 ?. I would like to hear you explain that.
Quote from Jakg :I had a look at the list of Beta Testers, and so far all the people who have asked for it to be sent (ie by filling in the info about the address), and i see...

Me - UK,
FEL - Sweden,
Vykos/GP4Flo - Germany,
Primoz - Slovenia,
KamkoR - Poland.

Feel free to englighten me if anyone else is. I get to keep the wheel 'till the 15th, then i have to send it back.

Sending a wheel (M$ Sidewinder) across the UK cost me £10, lord knows what it's like for a bigger wheel from Germany to here, and they are paying for it to back, too. I can understand them not sending it to the US though - they wont "get" anything extra (apart from perhaps more PR in US-centric Sim-communities like R2P and perhaps an NR2003 forum).

I've been told that i'm under NO NDA, and so i can say what i want anywhere (even if it's bad - which i'm assured it isn't) and put pics all over the internet (which i fully intend to do!).

The wheel is £220 in the UK (RRP, G25's RRP is £200 iirc), which is a little much, but remember this is wireless and designed for the PS3 market as well...

Time will see what it's like. Can't see any buttons on the wheel, looks quite nice quality though. Time will tell!

According to Fanatec i'll have mine "by next week".

Uhmm Jakg, where can I find that info, I dont see it.
I'd say the MOMO is more suited for RBR since it doesn't have an H-shifter and 900° of steering. It has 270, which is a bit too little - 540 would prolly be ideal for rallying.
Quote from niels1 :Uhmm Jakg, where can I find that info, I dont see it.

The FAQ on the website, the Beta Test agreement and emails between me and Thomas (Reply to your "you have been selected" email, and you'll get a response...).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG