The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :LX4/UFBR multiclass

(Your Portfolio link is buggered btw)

Fixed. Thanks m8
Quote from The Moose :It seems to me that your contradicting yourself there.
If they topple over and swap ends too easily, surely there has to be some skill in bringing it home without it doing those things?

True but what i was getting at is the skitish nature of the cars is impossible to judge. One little tap from another car on your rear & your off.
The kerbs at FE Green are a complete lottery. I haven't really got on racing with the BabyR but saying that I only tried it twice.
Quote from Bean0 :Don't think that's doable.

I think it is. I raced in a RallyX series once which ran the FXR with nobblys using a mod.
Quote from anttt69 :I haven't really got on racing with the BabyR but saying that I only tried it twice.

Which, and I'm not being rude here, makes your opinion on the subject completely irrelevant.
by twice I meant on two separate evenings. I think telling people their opinions are irrelevant is quite rude tbh.
Quote from anttt69 :by twice I meant on two separate evenings. I think telling people their opinions are irrelevant is quite rude tbh.

Well if you'd made that clear then i wouldn't have said what i did.

Had you only have driven it twice then your opinion would have been irrelevant.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
#32 - SamH
Quote from anttt69 :by twice I meant on two separate evenings. I think telling people their opinions are irrelevant is quite rude tbh.

We are responsible for the way others percieve us. If, as you had said, you'd only tried the UF-BR twice, I totally agree with what The Moose said. If that's not what you'd meant, it would have been better to say what you actually meant, rather than what you did say. You certainly can't complain when someone responds in accordance with the words you use.
Quote from Bean0 :LX4/UFBR multiclass

And all the LXes will be spinned out by UF-BRs.
I would actually fancy an all LX4 server at bronze level. Maybe alternating the server between LX4 and UFBR. Not between races but between days.

Swapping between races would mean a lot of people disconnecting because the other car may not be their cup of tea.

The LX4 would be a great build up to race 2.

The UFBR could be good practice for driving the restricted cars on sticky tyres at race 3.

It does not take a lot of talent to drive the UFBR safely but keeping the momentum in such an underpowered car is not something to underestimate. (something I still seem to lack)
Quote from SamH :We are responsible for the way others percieve us. If, as you had said, you'd only tried the UF-BR twice, I totally agree with what The Moose said. If that's not what you'd meant, it would have been better to say what you actually meant, rather than what you did say. You certainly can't complain when someone responds in accordance with the words you use.

True he got the wrong end of the stick but even if someone had only driven it twice they still have the right to voice there opinion. You cant just go round telling people their opinions are irrelevant. Never mind, much ado about nothing.
#36 - SamH
Quote from anttt69 :True he got the wrong end of the stick but even if someone had only driven it twice they still have the right to voice there opinion. You cant just go round telling people their opinions are irrelevant. Never mind, much ado about nothing.

Well actually, you GAVE him the wrong end of the stick. And you contradicted yourself again. In the same paragraph, you say that anyone can express their opinion and the very next thing you say is that they can't express their opinion about someone else's opinion. It's both or it's neither, but it can't be one and not the other. It's neither here nor there, but I'm a stickler for logic and reasoning

The Moose was right, in this instance. I wouldn't consider changing something about the UF-BR based on the opinion of someone who'd only driven it twice. I'd be far more inclined to listen to someone who had put a lot of time into driving it, had given it a solid try and had a well-formed opinion about it.
Quote from anttt69 :True but what i was getting at is the skitish nature of the cars is impossible to judge. One little tap from another car on your rear & your off.
The kerbs at FE Green are a complete lottery. I haven't really got on racing with the BabyR but saying that I only tried it twice.

FE green was the first round of UF baby R league. Althouogh I went off during the first race I never had seen such skilled racing for some time. T1 was a disaster but after they settled people are racing like they should have been. The UF baby R is despite you said ver judgeable. But that takes practise. Most of the guys on UF baby R did 800 laps practising and setting up the car. Its impossible to judge a car when you try it twice.
#38 - Jakg
Quote from anttt69 :but even if someone had only driven it twice they still have the right to voice there opinion.

I can voice my opinion on perfect suspension geometries, no-one will listen because i dont have a clue what i'm talking about.

If you tried the car class twice and don't understand it's nuances then you really can't properly evaluate the car.
When I started this thread I hoped to get the discussion going about getting the UFBR server back in the spotlights.

But having a discussion about when one is allowed to have an opinion seems to be more iinteresting.

By the way: 2 sessions is not enough to have a well funded opinion
I posted my opinion in a wrong thread above.
Here is a suggestion:

When the server is empty would it be possible to reset to a short(ish) track and less laps (of course limited points )?

This because I do not see anybody making the move and starting a race to attract others when it means having to run 4 laps of Kyoto GP long in a UF-BR alone.
What are your thoughts?
Quote from Mille Sabords :<snip>

This because I do not see anybody making the move and starting a race to attract others when it means having to run 4 laps of Kyoto GP long in a UF-BR alone.
What are your thoughts?

Hi,

I think if you are the only one on the server, you can request end-of-race (shift-X IIRC) and then see which track it offers you next?

And on the topic - much as I enjoyed the babyR, I'm hooked on Race3 lately because that's where the action is. I guess it's self fulfilling.

How about suggesting a "meet"? If there are enough people who'd race babyR "if only there were enough others there to make it fun" surely that would get some momentum?

Greets Jack L.
UFBR seems to be back in business! Had some great racing there this past evening!
Yes, Sam has found a way to increase UF-BR server popularity:

It was packed with cars adorned with UKCT tags!

Well done guys and thanks for the good battles yesterday night
Now if you wankers can wait until next wednesday when I have no school, I can wreck you all
#45 - Dru
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Now if you wankers can wait until next wednesday when I have no school, I can wreck you all

LOL

I take it we have to wait until Wednesday as up until Tuesday you are busy attending a 'be nice and polite to other LFS users seminar'

PS... where are my renders
I'm suposed to be polite to the other users?

I missed that fine print.

Sorry guys!
That's fine, I'm slow enough, you all can have a win vs me in return.
Agreed, had some very good racing last night at Aston Club Reverse.
Quote from anttt69 :True but what i was getting at is the skitish nature of the cars is impossible to judge.

Strange... the Baby-R (even with the standard CTRA-set) is the first/only LFS-car that is predictable for me. Maybe it depends on what car you drive in RL... on the other hand my RL-car isn't too close to the Baby-R .
Now with my "that makes some sense"-set (done in 5 minutes) I can even say: this car does EXACTLY what I tell it to do 98% of the time... and the other 2% are nothing you wouldn't expect.

Quote from Joris :When I started this thread I hoped to get the discussion going about getting the UFBR server back in the spotlights.

But having a discussion about when one is allowed to have an opinion seems to be more iinteresting.

welcome to the world of forums.
usually the guy who's better known and has an adequate history of telling people what they want to hear gets the support of the majority (I'm not talking about this particular example here ).

it's a bit like a perverted democracy: the truth is what the majority want to be the truth.

now back to the real topic:

long live the baby-R server. I've only known it for a week, so I didn't experience the slump. now it's crowded, or to quote dr. frankenstein: "it's aliiiiive..."

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG