The online racing simulator
#1 - Joris
UF baby R out of fashion allready?
The UF baby R does not seem to atract the grids it did a few weeks ago. I am wondering what the reason might be.

I really love racing a pack of these cars.
No copper drivers allowed now, maybe?
I personally don't like the Baby R too much, don't really see the point when you can drive UF1. Although I believe the Baby R league series was a great success?
#4 - Dru
Quote from AlienT. :I personally don't like the Baby R too much, don't really see the point when you can drive UF1. Although I believe the Baby R league series was a great success?

The Baby-R league was a HUGE success - I think this was due to the dedication of the racers involved as well as down to the car and the racing it promoted.

As too why the BR server is qieter nowadays - well the Race 1 servr will always be busy (due to the succession from demo drivers in the demo cars) and also that Race 2 and 3 take up the racers who don't race there.

IT would be interesting to see if the CTRA is just as busy in terms of numbers - it's just the people are spread about over hte various differnet servers slightly differnetly this week or month compared to last month etc etc
#5 - SamH
The CTRA is actually busier since Patch Y than it had been for a month or two beforehand. There are a few reasons for this, I think.

Changing Race2 to LRF and TBO and moving GT2 and GTR to Race 3 has been a great success. I think timesharing the TBO and GTx server was a great theory, but just didn't work. However, a dedicated GTx server can, and does, stay busy all day. Race 2, when it takes off, can also do very well.

The problem is that while we've significantly increased server population since Patch Y, we've also increased server availability. We went from 2 busy servers to 6 busy servers, but we've fallen again now to 4. Those are Race 1, Race 3, SS1 and BnJ.

I think the UF-BR server will be back again. Bump and Jump died off before Patch Y, but since its relaunch it's been busy for several hours every day. We moved the UF-BR from entry to Bronze, and while it had the desired effect of cleaning up the racing on that server, it also ultimately killed it. This is the difficulty in finding the balance. Once we get close to the UF Baby R Season 2, I thoroughly expect a resurgence of enthusiasm for the server.
I'll probably get Race 2 back engaged too, once I get some of my school work out of the way (Next week I'm practically free the entire week), although most of my "LFS" time is now taken by me going "OMG! I WANNA GO DRIVE TO THE MALL FOR COFFEE", just because I need to be perfect at driving by the time I take my practical exam.
#7 - HVS5b
I'm not a fan of driving restricted cars when I can race the full powered versions elsewhere (and have done, for a fair bit). This means I don't visit the UF-BR server and pretty much avoided the GTR2 class run previously. Stroll on platinum for some GTR1 action

The exception may be the FJR once I get that next licence, as I've never driven the FO8 at all .

Race 2 is my favourite ATM.

Still, hope it makes a success of itself!
Even though i voted for the bronze and up im semi regretting it now, i always made the connection between BabyR and MotoGP as that if someone broke and you werent there then you would need a bit of help to get back up to them.
But i guess its the bronze and upwards thats done the deed but oh well if they are serious enough they should take the time to get copper.
Well, I haven't been doing ctra a lot lately bacause of being busy with moe.

About the restrictions:
I would find it a lot more helpful if we could come up with some general restriction classes... everyone titles the the restriction gt2 but is using very different restrictions, which all need more or less different driving and sets. So you spend the first races with either having the luck of a godd set, or you have to leave / dc all the timme just to make out some basic working set for a track (thanks to the great "your car is being repaired feature")

It would be a lot easier once, we (meaning an amount of different leagues) can finally sort some kind of classes out (gt2, gt3 or whatever) for general racing instead of everyone doing their stuff.

(ok, maybe not really the right thread because of gt2 reference, but i think its similar to the baby ufr)
A shame copper guys liek me triyng to get silver arent allowd i raced ther before the no copper driver thing started i

I thought is was fun and now that al screwed
Quote from Chrisuu01 :A shame copper guys liek me triyng to get silver arent allowd i raced ther before the no copper driver thing started i

You only need a Bronze license to drive the UFBR.
Just looked at your stats, only 167 points to go
Quote :A shame copper guys liek me triyng to get silver arent allowd i raced ther before the no copper driver thing started i

From copper to bronze isnt that hard. Getting from bronze to silver is a pain on race1. I know bcus i had to do that before X system.
Once you gain youre silver its getting easier bcus of the standard of driving on higher servers is so much better. The reason to set UFR to bronze makes sence. Cleaner racing and some kinda reward for getting your bronze license. Secondly you can choose 2 servers wich in the early days you couldnt and had to get your silver before moving on to a higher licensed server.

Quote :So you spend the first races with either having the luck of a godd set, or you have to leave / dc all the timme just to make out some basic working set for a track (thanks to the great "your car is being repaired feature")

I tend to agree to a certain point. I dont like the that feature much either. I think on higher licensed servers the drivers are aware of not interfering with any wich is still in race. The have earned there license and do have driving skills otherwise they be still stuck at race 1. On the other hand that feature keeps the race clean.

I would love to see the server from silver and up taking that feature down. Let the drivers sort it out. If it not works just put it back in.

Generally speaking I think its all down to the ethics of any driver. And there CTRA has a point not anybody can hold that responsibilty.
#13 - Dru
Quote from SamH :Once we get close to the UF Baby R Season 2, I thoroughly expect a resurgence of enthusiasm for the server.

Is that a hint Mr Hopkinson....

Don't expect anything soon - we as a team are having too much fun racing on the CTRA servers and prepping cars for other leagues than looking as running a second season anytime soom
#14 - SamH
hehe! Yes, it was a hint.. and.. GRRR!
Quote from Joris :The UF baby R does not seem to atract the grids it did a few weeks ago. I am wondering what the reason might be.

I really love racing a pack of these cars.

Did you read my post here, or was it just coincedence?

Agreed. I don't want to spend ages getting my silver on Race 1.
-
(Bean0) DELETED by Bean0
Quote from J@tko :I don't want to spend ages getting my silver on Race 1.

I got to Gold on the old STCC New and Bronze Server
#17 - SamH
Quote from three_jump :It would be a lot easier once, we (meaning an amount of different leagues) can finally sort some kind of classes out (gt2, gt3 or whatever) for general racing instead of everyone doing their stuff.

(ok, maybe not really the right thread because of gt2 reference, but i think its similar to the baby ufr)

On this point, AFAIK we were the first server to introduce an enforced, scrutinized server-side restricted GT2 class. Since then, leagues have been inspired to follow the same, or similar, lines. I appreciate that everyone has different ideas about what the restrictions should be, and that a lot of leagues are not going to use exactly the CTRA restrictions for whatever their own reasons, but we beta tested our GT2 class to be balanced with the UFR and XFR to bring 5 cars, all within reach of each other, and we beta tested it a lot, with a lot of help from a large number of CTRA beta testers, on (IIRC) all the LFS tracks. We devised it as a large group of racers, we launched it, it's immensely successful and very popular, and though it may sound obstructive and obstinate, we ain't changing it. At least in my mind, if it's called GT2 then it should have the CTRA GT2 restrictions. If it doesn't have those restrictions then in my mind it's not true GT2, whether they call it that or not.

UF-BR.. if the UF Racers Club changes the UF-BR spec, the CTRA will change the CTRA server spec. The CTRA sets its UF-BR specifications according to the series that inspired it.
Baby R's are fun but they topple over & swap ends far to readily. Also there is no skill in driving an over tired car that has far to much grip.

How about Baby R's with road supers on?
Quote from anttt69 :Baby R's are fun but they topple over & swap ends far to readily. Also there is no skill in driving an over tired car that has far to much grip.

It seems to me that your contradicting yourself there.
If they topple over and swap ends too easily, surely there has to be some skill in bringing it home without it doing those things?

Lets face facts, there is skill in racing anything. Some cars may be easier to drive than others, but it doesn't mean you don't need some skill to drive them.
Yep, as people are saying now that it's too hard to get bronze, race 1 is very busy, I've done also from copper to silver on race 1 within 3 weeks I think and other 5 weeks to platinum lol. Race 1 is truly the most skill training with lots of racers and it looks like BnJ server too. (Sometimes)

Hint: Take XRG, you get more points.
#22 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :It seems to me that your contradicting yourself there.
If they topple over and swap ends too easily, surely there has to be some skill in bringing it home without it doing those things?

I concur

There is definitely a lot of skill to driving the UF-BR. The UF-BR teaches a different skillset from Race 1, which will become useful in Race 3 - how to avoid losing pace in corners and how to maximise speed on a straight by getting into slipstreams, position accuracy imperatives and many other very fine details that, if you don't master, you can't win. Since launching the UF-BR server, I've been absolutely delighted to realise what it adds to the learning process, that just hadn't been foreseen.
#23 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :I got to Gold on the old STCC New and Bronze Server

I have done about 3 races on RACE 2, and about the same when it was on TBO's.

Earnt 21,000 points on New & Bronze/Race 1, and trust me you have no idea it irks me when people say "Gold Drivers take all the points" because i was getting about 5 a RACE.
Replace it with a LX4 server :P
Quote from teaz-R :Replace it with a LX4 server :P

LX4/UFBR multiclass

(Your Portfolio link is buggered btw)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG