The online racing simulator
I haven't raced much in patch Y, but isn't it possible to switch on the racing line thing if you don't have cockpit view forced? I wonder how many jerks are using that online.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I haven't raced much in patch Y, but isn't it possible to switch on the racing line thing if you don't have cockpit view forced? I wonder how many jerks are using that online.

And why excatly are they jerks??? I use it only offline to practise my line, but hey why cant someone use it online?
Quote from niels1 :I do agree, i would love using the cockpit view like I used to do. But i dont like the onnatural view you get. I cant set it up to get a good view in any mirror without getting a onnatural view.

For now I settle for mine tyre view. Girlie or not , I like the view although i dont have any view to left or right. Only mirror I have is on top wich is needed but not to my liking at all.

I was only kidding about the 'girly' bit

I only use a FOV of 65 in cockpit view, so i don't see the side mirrors in most cars either. The side mirrors only show the same as the centre mirror anyway, so i don't miss them. A quick flick of the look left/right buttons does for me.

Oh, and btw, i know Dru wasn't referring to you when he mentioned the 'bargers'
Quote from thisnameistaken :I haven't raced much in patch Y, but isn't it possible to switch on the racing line thing if you don't have cockpit view forced? I wonder how many jerks are using that online.

You can get that line in any veiw I believe.
It is hard to drive with it on though, it is impossible to lift your eyes from it
#30 - Nobo
Quote from The Moose :
Oh, and btw, i know Dru wasn't referring to you when he mentioned the 'bargers'

He meant poor ALDI....
#31 - Dru
Quote from Nobo :He meant poor ALDI....

lol i was not refering to any member of HR or FPR actually
Quote from Dru :lol i was not refering to any member of HR or FPR actually

ALDI has to pay the double monthly membership fees for not
using the cockpit view. thats fair enough i think
Quote from The Moose :I only use a FOV of 65 in cockpit view, so i don't see the side mirrors in most cars either. The side mirrors only show the same as the centre mirror anyway, so i don't miss them. A quick flick of the look left/right buttons does for me.

I was doing that racing the GTR's, but found I lost the "speed" sensation then if I was out more(stupid mirrors), or if I went with the tyre view.

In the single seaters I run full cockpit, but tin-tops, its tyres.

Not using the cockpit view improves my frame rate alot which is more important then adding to the realism of me driving in my living room.
#34 - Dru
Quote from LordBlaster :ALDI has to pay the double monthly membership fees for not
using the cockpit view. thats fair enough i think

do i get a 'finders fee'?
when CTRA gets fcv i will stop playing there... i dont have the super pc to play this game with decent fps.... and with cockpit view, neither
i use chase view and i don't want it taken away its the only way i can drive..
Quote from mutt107 :i use chase view and i don't want it taken away its the only way i can drive..

Lets hope you never get a driving license then
Quote from chanoman315 :when CTRA gets fcv i will stop playing there... i dont have the super pc to play this game with decent fps.... and with cockpit view, neither

How can not having the cockpit inprove frame rate?
Without the cockpit there is more on the screen that is moving, so I would think that the frame rate would be lower?
I don't know I just thought this would be the case. Is it?
Yes the CP view hits fps harder than wheels view some PC's are worse than others of course

I think, let everyone should be able to drive with the view the way they want, fcv, if implemented, will only shut out a percentage of people to race against, not all of whom are "bargers" I personally think that knowing exactly where your car is, (and where its going ect) is crucial to clean close racing, whatever view your is.

as for hardcore realism demanding the fcv, I think thats twaddle, I mean what about those people who like to run low fov, or have a big LCD built into a mock windscreen? or the visually impaired? or the poor who cant afford a DX9 PC?

I say if your good, then your good, and more respect to you, its about controlling a 4 wheeled box on an undulating grey circle, who cares about what view you use as long as its a good race, and when we're in the heat of battle I dont think we start thinking "he's not using CP view, the cheater!" do we?

anyway I use mainly wheels view (depending on car) for many reasons, as others have stated above, I understand this has implications (some leagues are adopting this as standard) and I've been "advised" to re-learn in CP, in order to compete in what are regarded as "top leagues" however I don't really get the PC time I'd like, and when I do I just want to race, the closer the better

[/harping on mode]

SD.
Pope has spoken.
Can we close this now ?
Quote from SparkyDave :Yes the CP view hits fps harder than wheels view some PC's are worse than others of course

I think let everyone drive the view the way they want, fcv if implemented will only shut out a percentage of people, not all of whom are "bargers" I personally think knowing exactly where your car is (and where its going ect) is the most crucial to clean close racing whatever view your in.

as for hardcore realism demanding the fcv, I think thats twaddle I mean what about those people who like to run low fov, or have a big LCD built into a mock windscreen? or the visually impaired? or the poor who cant afford a DX9 PC?

I say if your good then your good, and more respect to you, its about controlling a 4 wheeled box on an undulating grey circle who cares about what view you use as long as its a good race, and when we're in the heat of battle I dont think we start thinking "he's not using CP view, the cheater!" do we?

anyway I use mainly wheels view (depending on car) for many reasons, as others have stated above, I understand this has implications (some leagues are adopting this as standard) and have been "advised" to re-learn in CP, in order to compete in what are regarded as "top leagues" however I don't really get the PC time I'd like, and when I do I just want to race, the closer the better

[/harping on mode]

SD.

Thats all well and good but your just a noob!! Why should we listen to you?

I agree that its about fun, and I don't ever worry about what view people use in fun racing, but in an organized race I think the feild of play should be level for all.
Quote from Toddshooter :Thats all well and good but your just a noob!! Why should we listen to you?

I agree that its about fun, and I don't ever worry about what view people use in fun racing, but in an organized race I think the feild of play should be level for all.

How about we start leveling the field removing players that bring lag into the race ?
Fair ?
FCV wouldn't affect me, seeing as i cant drive for crap in any other view then the cockpit view lol
All the same for me as I can't drive worth crap in any view.

I do wonder why people want to buy a sim and then use other than the cockpit view?
Quote from fujiwara :How about we start levelling the field removing players that bring lag into the race ?
Fair ?

Absolutely fair. Kick the laggers out. Nothing ruins a good battle more than laggers.
Quote from The Moose :Lets hope you never get a driving license then

in real cars u can look easy but in lfs u push a button
Quote from March Hare :All the same for me as I can't drive worth crap in any view.

I do wonder why people want to buy a sim and then use other than the cockpit view?

Hmm you didnt read the entire thread I think. Bcus you wouldnt had made suchs a remark.

Why people want to buy a sim and then use other then cockpit view ?

Read the thread.
Quote from niels1 :Hmm you didnt read the entire thread I think. Bcus you wouldnt had made suchs a remark.

Why people want to buy a sim and then use other then cockpit view ?

Read the thread.

Please do calm down
scaring me there... are you trying to go against Tristan for 2008 nomination?

It seems to me that Sam's interventions during this thread were clear enough regarding CTRA's opinion about forced cockpit view.
There are servers and leagues around that allow this option, why not give them a go and see if the experience is any better?
If you still race on CTRA it means that the FCV option is a neglectable issue and the fun and pleasure are there. So please let it drop and enjoy your races!
niels1, did you forget to take your medicine again?
Quote from March Hare :I do wonder why people want to buy a sim and then use other than the cockpit view?

I can give you an answer: Because they prefer other views.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG