The online racing simulator
best what I can do is 44seconds, but if the will be 18 cars in those tight corners and some one touchese the barrier go is sent flying in the middle of other cars, i think it is not fair to be kicked because some one hit the red barrier.... after all your race will be over after first lap, especialy when no pits exist...
Quote from kABLiuks :best what I can do is 44seconds, but if the will be 18 cars in those tight corners and some one touchese the barrier go is sent flying in the middle of other cars, i think it is not fair to be kicked because some one hit the red barrier.... after all your race will be over after first lap, especialy when no pits exist...

Which layout? Sam Speedway or a la Rockingham?
Quote from mccoll99 :Time trials would work well around this layout, single car on the track at a time with everyone getting two runs at the track at the event? This is much like how they run the autocross at actual FSAE/Formula Student events.

Say run the cars in entry order, you get an outlap, two "flying" laps and then pull left at the last turn back to the pit area at which time the second car could be waiting at the edge of the barrier there to start their outlap as soon as the other car exits? (See attached picture...)

This could help with the filming of the event with only the single car on track at one time, also with peoples frame rates, the barriers slow them enough without 15 other cars on such a tight track might cause carnage?

Just an idea? Thought i might share? BTW i am having so much fun with this series thing, a big thanks to all who are organising!

Sorry for d/posting, but I would like to know if you got permission to do that? I made the layout for racing purposes.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Sorry for d/posting, but I would like to know if you got permission to do that? I made the layout for racing purposes.

44 seconds implies the Sam Speedway layout. I think pole will be around a 42 second lap. I doubt we will have time trials, so it will be a race as usual.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Sorry for d/posting, but I would like to know if you got permission to do that? I made the layout for racing purposes.

I have not officially stated that this round will be done as time trials. I am pondering that if the circuit can not be adapted to be raceable.

As it was, with the original layout plus the hairpins J@tko added, it is not completely safely raceable.

The proposed modifications by the posts above (making the first chicane into a left hand kink, the right hander made double apex, J@tko's hairpins widened, and the tyre barrier after those hairpins removed) are, in my mind, perfect to make the course raceable and therefore elimante the need for time trials.

d

Sorry, i didn't change the layout at all, i think the layout is great, i just put the "pit lane exit" into show what i was talking about... hope i haven't upset you? I didn't know about the permissions thing?

Sounds like the improvements will make it better for racing!
Quote from mccoll99 :Sorry, i didn't change the layout at all, i think the layout is great, i just put the "pit lane exit" into show what i was talking about... hope i haven't upset you? I didn't know about the permissions thing?

Sounds like the improvements will make it better for racing!

I gave J@tko permission to edit it(via PM). I am working on a Silverstone layout, feel free to edit it when I release it.
Quote from Dalek0220 :I am working on a Silverstone layout, feel free to edit it when I release it.

Make sure you get the maggots-becketts-chapel complex right - that will be amazing in the MRT .
Please see the first post for the modified layout. It has been made safer for several cars at once...I just watched two peole exit the mickey-mouse hairpins side-by-side with some room to spare !

d
Well, I did say the loss of the first chicane would be a shame, and now I've driven it, I really miss it! It will probably reduce the carnage of T1, but is it worth it? What do you guys reckon?

I feel bad now because my suggestions were made with good intentions but I feel they've just watered down what was a great layout. Even that tyre wall after the chicane - though I said it was rubbish - served a purpose in making you choose how wide to enter the next turn, and now it's gone that stretch is less interesting!!

I think the wider hairpin barrier was a no-brainer and a good change. With regards to all the rest, i think you guys did better without me!! Opinions?

Edit - can you have pit lanes in AutoX? - people WILL damage their cars in this race!
I think we should bring back turn one, but this time it should:

1) Be Wider
2) Have less red/white barriers and more objects like bales and tyres
3) Have some space behind the bales to run off if you make a mistake/get pushed off the track in T1

In conclusion we should bring back T1, but it should be more forgiving with less red/white barriers (none would be best)
Quote from JO53PHS :In conclusion we should bring back T1, but it should be more forgiving with less red/white barriers (none would be best)

Agreed, I've been seeing red and white stripes all day today

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG