The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
AX Layouts
Here I will put in the two AX layouts you need to download for practice.

Round 5 is the Sam Speedway_LFSBC

Round 6 is the other one which I will post when Dekojester sends it to me (hint hint), or just puts it into this post for me.
Attached files
KY2R_BC_final.lyt - 2 KB - 221 views
AU1_Sam Speedway_LFSBC2.lyt - 2.5 KB - 219 views
I don't know which way to go

Are you changing Kyoto ring layout again?
Were you going in that extra area? Look in my thread, there is the original, and look at my post there.

/me gets lfs on
Are We using the sam speedway + MRT?

Its really fun to drive it with the MRT - but I'm still very slow

Is this the right route
Attached files
Sam Speedway.spr - 62 KB - 213 views
wow, if I'm on the right route it's very tight...hope the MRT grows a reverse gear by the race...
Quote from Marlbro :wow, if I'm on the right route it's very tight...hope the MRT grows a reverse gear by the race...

Yeah, it is very tight during the new corners, though there are more areas for overtaking. Loads of them.
On the fourth and fifth corners I think (the really tight ones) I have to spin my wheel from lock to lock very quickly to get round there - its not a problem for me but it might be for keyboard users

Apart from that the layout is excellent
Quote from JO53PHS :On the fourth and fifth corners I think (the really tight ones) I have to spin my wheel from lock to lock very quickly to get round there - its not a problem for me but it might be for keyboard users

Apart from that the layout is excellent

How much FF are you using? I use the full 200.
Quote from Dalek0220 :How much FF are you using? I use the full 200.

Lol I'm using 0 until I get used to the wheel
Quote from Marlbro :Are you changing Kyoto ring layout again?

Nope its the one from yesterday - just waiting for Dekojester to send it to me.

Quote from JO53PHS :Are We using the sam speedway + MRT?

Yes

Quote from Dalek0220 :Yeah, it is very tight during the new corners, though there are more areas for overtaking. Loads of them.

The tightness is due to my bad AX making skills. But its a really good track otherwise!
On the topic of how much FFB I used, I managed to pull my G25 off the table when using 200

And I certainly dont want that happening in the race
Can we set the server to the Sam Speedway?
Quote from JO53PHS :Can we set the server to the Sam Speedway?

I can set it to it. I will go on and save it to the server like I did with the Kyoto Layout.

d
Dekojester Isnt letting me sit by the side of the track in and FXR, eating cheese
Final Kyoto Layout added.

I adjusted some cones on the second straight that were out of place...they were in the catch fence and not on the wall like they were supposed to be. Simply cosmetic. No changes to the barriers. Added an extra pointer to help with where to go.

d
AutoX layout
I think the barrier across the track after the 2 hairpins and before the fast right hander should be removed. The right after it represents the best overtaking place on the circuit, but you cant get alongside until after that barrier. :rally_dri
Quote from TomMK :I think the barrier across the track after the 2 hairpins and before the fast right hander should be removed. The right after it represents the best overtaking place on the circuit, but you cant get alongside until after that barrier. :rally_dri

Are you talking about the barrier to the right after the left hand hairpin ? I noticed that, too, and was thinking of moving it out a bit.

I'm thinking of loosening that complex a bit as well, to relieve some stress on turning.

I would also like thoughts on the raceablity of this layout...I almost think that this round would be better as time trials, then the winners determined by lap times. Or smaller grids. 16 cars is a bit uneasy sounding to me after seeing today.

d
"pandemonium" springs to mind!

I think turns 1 and 2 (left-right chicane) will cause incidents as there is not room to get 2 cars through there at speed (i.e. Lap 1). This is a shame because I like this chicane, but its out of place as the first corner of a beginner race . I would suggest a left kink at full speed, followed by a double-apex right-hander, emcompassing turn 3. It would provide a great overtaking opportunity that isn't there now. See attachment.

I think turns 3 and 4 (right handers) are great, particularly the exit of 4 where the grass cuts in, nice touch.

Turns 5 and 6 (right-left hairpins) are controversial, as they are tight, but only the exit of turn 6 is a problem, as people will get on the power too early, hit the wall, and block everyone behind them. Drivers must be able to duck inside someone who hits the wall here, and they can't as it's so tight.

Tyre barrier on left of track about 100 metres after turn 6 needs to go (see above).

Turns 7-8-9-10 are epic in my opinion. They are a great, flowing sequence. I'd like these to stay as they are. Turn 7 is the best overtaking place currently.

Edit: I've just been looking at it from overhead and I can totally see the Melbourne influence in it!!
Attached images
proposed.bmp
Quote from dekojester :

I would also like thoughts on the raceablity of this layout...I almost think that this round would be better as time trials, then the winners determined by lap times. Or smaller grids. 16 cars is a bit uneasy sounding to me after seeing today.

Time trials would work well around this layout, single car on the track at a time with everyone getting two runs at the track at the event? This is much like how they run the autocross at actual FSAE/Formula Student events.

Say run the cars in entry order, you get an outlap, two "flying" laps and then pull left at the last turn back to the pit area at which time the second car could be waiting at the edge of the barrier there to start their outlap as soon as the other car exits? (See attached picture...)

This could help with the filming of the event with only the single car on track at one time, also with peoples frame rates, the barriers slow them enough without 15 other cars on such a tight track might cause carnage?

Just an idea? Thought i might share? BTW i am having so much fun with this series thing, a big thanks to all who are organising!
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Quote from TomMK :

Some very excellent suggestions by TomMK

I have stayed up slightly past my bedtime to work on these suggestions. It's not complete yet, but I'll work on it more tommorow evening.

d
Quote from dekojester :I have stayed up slightly past my bedtime to work on these suggestions. It's not complete yet, but I'll work on it more tommorow evening.

d

Agreed about the suggestions.

Notice how the only bit I made was rubbish!!!!

I hadn't actually driven the track in the MRT when I made it - so that's why it's a bit dodgy
yeh - you suck J@tko

Honestly, none of it is rubbish, it's a great layout. If this were not a Beginner Cup I would say leave it as it is, but even 1/2 an hour on it last night showed up its (or rather, our ) flaws.
Quote from TomMK :Honestly, none of it is rubbish, it's a great layout. If this were not a Beginner Cup I would say leave it as it is, but even 1/2 an hour on it last night showed up its (or rather, our ) flaws.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The aim is to gain experience, not to crash @ T1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG