The online racing simulator
Quote from KROM :Well 200fps sitting in the pits is all well and good.

I get much more than that in the pits with 8xAA 16AF. but thats not the point.

I have a quadcore QX6700 clocked @3.2ghz
And 2x 8800gtx IN SLI

After buying this game Im a little annoyed, to find it failing to use more than one of my cores and not using my sli. tried a few things like setting affinity ect, but still only uses one core 80-90%.

Also I get no boost from SLI on the 8800GTX, same whether in single or sli.

Now dont get me wrong it runs ok, but on a full grid it can fall to its knee's, disapointing to say the least.

Any talk of making this game fulldual / quad, and is it meant to be working with sli???.

Quit your bitchin' boy. If you cant handle like 40fps at the start (which is not even bad) then turn down your damn AA and AF settings. To blow that kind of cash on a PC, then complain about it, that's quite bothersome.
~Bryan~
What's the point?
1. LFS's physics run at 100 "FPS"
2. No monitor does more than 120hz at the absolute maximum.
3. The issue of "the human eye can't se more then x frames per second"

Besides, It's not hard getting 200 FPS in LFS. I'm doing about 250 without AA/AF. I'm capping it at 100 though.
Yeah, you really shouldn't run it at 200 FPS just because you can. Forget the fact that that eye cant perceive the difference, or that a monitor can't do more than 120 Hz... there's also the issue of over-taxing your hardware for no reason. You don't want your super-expensive PC running at full-bore all the time. It's just not good practice.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :What's the point?
1. LFS's physics run at 100 "FPS"
2. No monitor does more than 120hz at the absolute maximum.
3. The issue of "the human eye can't se more then x frames per second"

Besides, It's not hard getting 200 FPS in LFS. I'm doing about 250 without AA/AF. I'm capping it at 100 though.

TBH.... I really don't notice much difference between 100 and 200 FPS

Although an extra few FPS is always nice to have... for some reason
i remember someone saying...playing LFS at 200fps+ is like driving a Porshe around and revving it till the limiter
That was me. I was saying that it's not good practice to do that. Since there is absolutely no difference between 100 and 200 FPS, the only thing you are doing is causing more wear and tear on your components.

And the last time I said that, someone was kind enough to point out that computers don't have moving parts. For the record, I'd like to state that there are other things that come into play. First, theres... THE SPINNING FANS, which will spin faster creating more noise, shortening their lifespan, and pulling more dust into your machine faster. Second there's the HEAT, which believe it or not isn't good even for the NON-MOVING parts in the computer. Lastly, there's power consumption. A Porsche doing 55 and bouncing off the limiter burns significantly more fuel than a Porsche doing 55 at 1800 RPM. It's common sense.
Depends if you only play LFS really. In other more system-intensive games, there's a lot of difference between 15 and 20FPS.
Meh.

I'd beat your ass on the track with my frame rate capped at 61.
w00t My frame rate hit 360 FPS...
Attached images
360 FPS.jpg
I've made it to around 450 fps at Kyoto GP, settings all maxxed.
Quote from JO53PHS :w00t My frame rate hit 360 FPS...

then mine hits 500!
Attached images
500fps.jpg
#38 - Mc21
owned.
When posting pictures like those, please tell AA and AF setting too.
Quote from harjun :ok
16AA + 16QAF

Anything by Harjun defaults in the minds of everyone to maximum settings and blistering framerates. So that post was pretty much redundant.
16AA + 16QAF

Really. That is the biggest load of $#!t I have ever heard in my entire life. Specs please?
#43 - VoiD
Quote from Dooonster :...this is what my setup looks like now...

Your wheel rocks, must be that famous "Fisher Price"...
Quote from h3adbang3r :Really. That is the biggest load of $#!t I have ever heard in my entire life. Specs please?

You mean you expected different?
hey it is fisher price! leave it alone ive had it for years! lol

and ive being in the fourm a couple of months and already know that when harjin says somthing just say FOok off lol
16AA + 16QAF

For real life LFS gaming perfomance that screen shot is meaningless.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG