The online racing simulator
Its almost there im almost at 200Fps
well took it for a quick spin with my dual gfx card setup and this was the resualts! from my last pc with 2.66 pentium d with std motherboard to A gigabite one and a 2.33 dual core

results 181.12 max Fps woooooo
OLD setup

this is what my setup looks like now

forgot to upload the video ive got it running almost 40fps under load of photoshop and music videos on one screen and lfs on the other and im only using two screens atm
What RAM are you running?
im running 4x KINGSTON 1gb ddr2 800 with head spreaders on them to even out the heat if anything they are there for looks lol
quick overclock nothing special but im just keeping within this cpu's limits will not harjin it, need it for another month
Nice to see citroen fan

Is it better 2x2GB or 4X1GB ... and can i even run 4GB with XP?
#7 - Mc21
Quote from blackcarmafia :Nice to see citroen fan

XP/Vista 32bit can only see 3.5gb.. x64 can use 4gb
Quote from blackcarmafia :Nice to see citroen fan

Currently, 4x1 would run more efficently, as higher capacity sticks don't seem to run as efficently.
I believe larger sticks have a higher latency, it would make sense. Although I imagine the difference between 4x1 and 2x2 wouldn't be TOO big.
~Bryan~
Dooonster, what are your temps. at full load (running Prime95 or equivelant)?

It is very hard to "harjun" a processor as long as you keep the temps in spec (less than 60C for you). I think you would be able to get atleast 3 Ghz on that stock cooler before temps start getting warm.
Quote from dropin_biking :I believe larger sticks have a higher latency, it would make sense. Although I imagine the difference between 4x1 and 2x2 wouldn't be TOO big.
~Bryan~

The only time I would recommend 2x2 would be if you are running an AMD system as it puts alot of stress on the AMD memory controllers which are known for possibly being unstable running 4 sticks of RAM.
#12 - Jakg
If they ran at the same speed, and the same timings, then the 2x 2 GB would be better.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Dooonster, what are your temps. at full load (running Prime95 or equivelant)?

It is very hard to "harjun" a processor as long as you keep the temps in spec (less than 60C for you). I think you would be able to get atleast 3 Ghz on that stock cooler before temps start getting warm.

lol its not stock its a coolmaster ice 3 and im gona upgrade again end of month i sort of ran out of money this month so the cpu is tempary so i dont mind harjin ing it to learn the limits of a processer and the things it can do when overclocked at that level. im going for a quad or somthing i havent realy made my mind up, i payed about 65pounds for this processer new and i have all the shite for it if u want to get one i could prob get them sent over or the better ones.

heres the stress test after 35mins or touture

And standard when not doing anything realy

for my version of windows i can only see 3.5 of the ram so im not botherd about getting 4x2gb just yet as this was all i could afford lol

but i do need some help tho i can get 512 2x8800gt nvidia for cheap should i go for it or should i look at somthing differnt im currently running 1x nvida 512 7300gt and a 1x 256 7300gts and is ok for now but i do still have some small issues running some very demanding games but i do think thats due to my processer. so watch this space im spending most of my pay on it to get it how i want so

this is what im getting that ill let you know of
the water cooling module is not for my cpu either
http://pdpic.pconline.com.cn/p ... ture.jsp?productId=187329
http://img.pconline.com.cn/ima ... l_cm_RR-CCH-ANU2-GP_m.jpg
and a toss between about 40 dif cases lol theres so many but ive sort of said this would be ok
http://img.pconline.com.cn/ima ... 19123/pcbox_tt_bws_1m.jpg
and this is what i realy want
http://pdpic.pconline.com.cn/p ... =169948&picid=1069693
in black
i hit 200FPS today so i think the setup im on is running very well dam i cant wait to get all my new stuff more pics of the setup and the video of it hitting 200FPS with a video running on my other moniter

the fps screenshot from video im happy realy the 512 card is second hand and cost me 200RMB equilivant to just over 10 pounds lol

have to upload video in a min photobucket is like watching the queen trying to walk somwhere it taking forever
Nice 1 m8 i'm running at about 60fps now i'm getting a new mother board and a new processor soon.
#16 - Jakg
You do know that those two cards aren't in SLi, and that your mobo doesn't even support SLi, right?

PS - That is the first gigabyte mobo i've ever seen which actually looks ok.
Quote from Jakg :You do know that those two cards aren't in SLi, and that your mobo doesn't even support SLi, right?

PS - That is the first gigabyte mobo i've ever seen which actually looks ok.

well its better then t 3 msi ones i had that supported sli just kept breaking so the computer guy sujjested swap it for this, im getting a (..................) lets just say its a secret, but i need some help on the cpu should i just stick with what i have? i was thinking Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 but i could wait and get the case i want then get the other stuff end of feb when i get paid again lets just say the rig will be tooo much for me but hey lol i wont need another for a very long time lol and if im gona upgrade ram what should i go to i can take it to the 1066 but is it worth it? so far the damage for this month is looking at 315 pounds lol i only payed just over 100 for the motherboard and cpu so im happy with that result
#19 - KROM
Well 200fps sitting in the pits is all well and good.

I get much more than that in the pits with 8xAA 16AF. but thats not the point.

I have a quadcore QX6700 clocked @3.2ghz
And 2x 8800gtx IN SLI

After buying this game Im a little annoyed, to find it failing to use more than one of my cores and not using my sli. tried a few things like setting affinity ect, but still only uses one core 80-90%.

Also I get no boost from SLI on the 8800GTX, same whether in single or sli.

Now dont get me wrong it runs ok, but on a full grid it can fall to its knee's, disapointing to say the least.

Any talk of making this game fulldual / quad, and is it meant to be working with sli???.
Quote from KROM :Also I get no boost from SLI on the 8800GTX, same whether in single or sli.

Any talk of making this game fulldual / quad, and is it meant to be working with sli???.

No, it's not. The game usually has to be DESIGNED to take advantage of SLi for it to work very well - sometimes your framerate can actually go down. You REALLY don't need it though. I'm pretty sure that you are being limited by other factors. I mean, if I can get 60 FPS with my 6800 GT, I'm fairly certain that your 8800GTX can do more than just 3 times that... Remember, your processor may be INFINITELY powerful, but LFS only uses one core, so it's not THAT much more powerful than my dual-core AMD when it comes to LFS. For that reason, I'm fairly certain that even WITH SLi, you'd likely not get a much higher framerate.
Quote from KROM :Well 200fps sitting in the pits is all well and good.

I get much more than that in the pits with 8xAA 16AF. but thats not the point.

I have a quadcore QX6700 clocked @3.2ghz
And 2x 8800gtx IN SLI

After buying this game Im a little annoyed, to find it failing to use more than one of my cores and not using my sli. tried a few things like setting affinity ect, but still only uses one core 80-90%.

Also I get no boost from SLI on the 8800GTX, same whether in single or sli.

Now dont get me wrong it runs ok, but on a full grid it can fall to its knee's, disapointing to say the least.

i run 88fps at the lines with a full line up when the pc is fresh on what ram u running and what cpu speed u got mobo model and so on what power u running and whats the cooling u got going sli is all good and all but keeping it all cool is another q . this is one way of increasing FPS

also it hits 200fps on bl1 straight so dunno what ur on about pits lol and thats a 7300gt 256 that i payed muff all for
How come all your RAM is different colors? (the heat spreaders) I hope they're not all different speeds and specs, lol.
why not just what a Q6600 in there, and 2 8800 Ultras....then you'll get 400fps...and you won't need to overclock it and, "harjun" it.
Quote from harjun :why not just what a Q6600 in there, and 2 8800 Ultras....then you'll get 400fps...and you won't need to overclock it and, "harjun" it.

Some people don't want to spend a fortune on computer parts.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG