The online racing simulator
Fbm
(7 posts, started )
Fbm
I didnt know where to post this topic but I think it may have to do with my setup so I posted it here. Whenever I accelerate after around 2-3mins in a race its just goes full revs and I gain no speed. This happens whatever gear I am in and I dont know what I can do about it. I only have this problem with the FBM. It is the first time I have ever driven this car as I have had no internet for the past 3 months and I was using the WR BL1 set. Any help would be appreciated.
You overheated your clutch (check the "CT" bar when you press F9 or F10). I guess you're using autoclutch, which is often the cause for this, because it slips the clutch too much. If you post a replay we can show you what you do wrong, but it's probably either too many launches with a too high gear (or the 1st gear is too long), or you spin out and hold the throttle, which will kill the clutch, too.
So if I use manual clutch this wont happen. Also if it does happen is there a way to fix it.
With manual clutch, the FBM clutch is very hard to overheat, because you never actually use the clutch during a race, other than for takeoffs.

So with a manual clutch, just make sure to
1) press the clutch when you spin
2) don't slip the clutch too much when taking off

Regarding the 2nd point, just make the 1st gear a bit shorter than on the default setup and simply drop the clutch and spin your rear wheels, instead of slipping the clutch for a "smooth" takeoff.
OK, Thank you very much for your help. I am new to the FBM. One more question. If it does overheat, how can I fix it during a race, or is my race over.
The race is pretty much over. You can try to sit on the side of the track and let it cool down again, but this is a very slow process taking several minutes, and unless you're doing an endurance race this will mean you've already lost by that point.
OK, Thank You very much for your help, it was greatly appreciated.

Fbm
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG