The online racing simulator
X1950 GT Temperature detection. How?
(19 posts, started )
I finally got my new video card - Club 3D Radeon X1950 GT 256Mb.
It's ok, expect one thing in LFS, for help about that unknow bug i'll ask later. But now.

I downloaded Latest drivers and Latest Ati Control panel. But i can't see my VGA temperature at all. I just don't have that usefull feature in Catalyst Control Centre.

There isnt Ati Overdrive feature.

Thank you.
IIRC, even the default nVidia drivers do not have that. I had to download some 'extension' to get that feature.

Try some 3rd party software. See if Speedfan can show it.
Are youu sure it isn't there? Press the View button at the top, click Custom, and make sure everything is checked. If you still don't see Overdrive, you should uninstall all ati software, then reinstall again. I had this problem with some versions of the catalyst control center. On some versions Overdrive was gone, then on other versions it reappeared.

I have it now, but it only overclocks the GPU when it's fairly cool, when it gets hot it goes back to normal, so during games it may not be overclocked. Anyway, you can use AtiTool to see your GPU temperature, and even overclock it.
Yes, everything is checked. But anyway it won't appear. I'd downloaded the latest AtiTool, but anyway VGA temperature won't show up.

You need ATi Tray Tools by Ray Adams. I had the same problem with my X1950XT, and only ATi Tray Tools would give me the temperature readings.
Ati Overdrive 3 not available

Why?
I've always use the "Overclocking Settings" to overclock my GFX. But, to get the temperatures, go and Right Click on the icon, then go to the "Hardware" tab. Then, go to the "System Tray Monitoring..." tab inside there and choose the GPU Temperature "Show in System Tray". Click "ok" and you should see the temperature in your taskbar with where the time and all that stuff is.
Anyway not available. That means it is not possible?

Could you provide a bigger picture? I can't see your settings from that thumbnail.
I think you have to enable "enable hardware monitoring" (the topmost checkmark in your screen), then the other options are available too. (In the last screenshot)
Yea, Octane is right. You have to enable that to get it to work. I have no clue how you saw that picture, but I can't at all.
Yes i tried to switch on "enable hardware monitoring", but nothing changes. GPU Temperature is still in ''grey'' - not available.

What then to do?
I am out of suguestions I'm afraid that your GFX may not support GPU temperature readings.
he needs this version i posted. from the pic of atitool he posted its a different version from this one i posted. try the one i posted and let us now if it works or not. and please take a screenshot of the normal damn size. i cant see nothin in ur pics.
People, dammet! Click on that thumbnails. And then click again when the picture shows up.

natedog420
You mean ATITOOL version 0.26, or 0.24?

Here i'm running on the version 0.26...
0.27 won't show up VGA Temperature anyway. Maybe there is some tip how to enable t° detection in BIOS?

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG