The online racing simulator
Is there any point making a video if......
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
Is there any point making a video if the quality in the video is bad?
I can only just film with fraps if i lower all the graphic settings and i only get 15 fps So is there a point in making a video? Because i really really really really really want to, but i dont want to if it'll look balls.

Heres a video i recorded, its about 1mb and a half, and about 30 seconds ish, please download it and see if it would be good enough to make a video?
http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=12923
I assume it isn't finished yet; right now it looks interesting and has potential.

If you want a higher FPS, press F2 when you want to record to slow the replay down by half. That way, you'll get 15fps while recording, but when you speed it up it'll look like 30fps. See how good it looks with some higher graphics options too. Try and get the right balance between FPS and visual niceness.
#3 - epp_b
It's watchable, but not pleasant. What Mp3_Astra said made sense. Slow it down by half, then double the frame rate in the final video.
actually I don't see a graphics quality problem here...
just don't make a wmv rendering in your movie
#5 - Migz
Well its not really supposed to be interesting. I just made it quickly to show that the sauber did 400 mph and then i thought i can just use that short video to show the quality.
And i know that wmv is bad i only saved it in it because i was rushing, what would be the best format to save in? I never thought about slowing it down and filming thats a very smart.
When i get home il try finding that balance between fps and quality il let you know how i get on.
Thanks
to show us the graphics quality you have to post uncompressed video for people to tell if it's good enough to make a movie IMHO
that bit was ok even with WMV
#7 - Migz
oh right, but if i post it uncompressed its about 400 mb, i doubt i can get that uploaded anywhere, and i doubt anybody would download that size file either?
you will hardly go over 50 mb with 10 or so seconds of video which is enough
#9 - Migz
Oh right, and where should i upload that to?
#10 - Migz
#11 - Migz
Yeah near enough full graphics i get 8-14fps.
So double it and i get around 16-28Fps.
Althought this is on full size in fraps, whats the bonus and disadvantage of putting it on half size?
And if i put the speed to 0.25 and then speed it back up to normal would that make my fps 4 times higher? Or does it not work past halfing the speed?
Quote from Migz :Yeah near enough full graphics i get 8-14fps.
So double it and i get around 16-28Fps.
Althought this is on full size in fraps, whats the bonus and disadvantage of putting it on half size?
And if i put the speed to 0.25 and then speed it back up to normal would that make my fps 4 times higher? Or does it not work past halfing the speed?

Quartering the speed will be even better. Half size will take up half the space, not much else. If you have a pretty big hard drive you should be okay. Most of the Blame Game episodes are 20gb, which I then compress and store afterwards. That's probably the most effective way of doing it.

PS - I haven't downloaded the second movie yet.
#13 - Migz
Ahah right, well i have a small hardrive, but ill do it at full size anyway
Tell me when you do download that second one, i need to see if its good quality or not.

And off topic : whats the blame game, i remember seeing a thread on it but it looked dull, i thought all it was was a video where somebody crashed and you have to decide who was in the wrong?
Quote from Migz :

And off topic : whats the blame game, i remember seeing a thread on it but it looked dull, i thought all it was was a video where somebody crashed and you have to decide who was in the wrong?

http://batracer.tripod.com/theblamegame
Check the latest episode; it's probably the best example of the series. Or episode 1 actually. If you don't like, you die. :chair:

Watched the video. FPS still wasn't quite good enough. Also the graphics weren't quite good enough. Turn down the LOD Reduction in the "Misc" section of the options menu. Also try the quarter speed option. Be warned that quarter speed will quadruple your file size from normal speed.
#16 - Migz
Acctually thats pretty fun to watch
But i prefer music videos,
Yours looks like a t.v show. Still really cool though D:
I found that balance between fps and graphics, bassicly full graphics, my fps is still the same as it was before when recording, so all i need to do is do some drivigin film it at 1/4 the speed and put it on youtube.
So tahnks to you all for helping me And keep on the lookout for a video by me in these next few weeks.
#17 - Migz
I have another question
So ill save some topic space and post it here :d
What are the two best formats to save in?
I mean like which format is best to upload to youtube(small size,goodish quality?)
and then the best to download?(Larger size,high quality)
I say larger because large size would be .avi files, and im not going to have a video thats something like a gig lol.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG