The online racing simulator
Yes it is!
Will be a good test, the Z06 is loved by Tiff.. Wondering if it'll get the Tiff Stamp Of Approval (tm) as well!
Quote from greg_slideways :And why is that?!

Because the articles are stale and un-interesting? Any magazine can throw out some specs on a car, the good ones make those specs mean something, the great ones make them interesting. Proper comparisons, real reviews (gut feelings and the like, not just specs in paragraphs), real wit and humor, good photography, etc, are what make a magazine worth reading.

Car and Driver does none of these things. Nor do most magazines. Sport Car international, sadly, is one of the best North American magazines... and it's not even all that good, to be honest.
I concur - Car and Driver is shite. It was once good in about 1985. Not any more.
Well i like the info if i want fun id go get super street witch i also read but about stock cars C&D is the BEST!
The Corvette ZR1 is an amazing vehicle. It's unfortunate that they decided to go the route of supercharging the engine. I would prefer 600HP+ N/A. A better transmission would be nice too. Tremec has really akward ratios. What's the point of a 6spd if you only use 5 gears? They should use some sort of dual-clutch transmission by Getrag instead.
The ZR1 usses all 6 gears it does have a dual clutch aswell!
Quote from greg_slideways :The ZR1 usses all 6 gears it does have a dual clutch aswell!

Is the TR-6060 a dual-clutch transmission? I didn't think so.
In the magazine i saw specificly it have 6 gears and dual clutch and top speed rather then in 5th gear it is in 6th witch is better!
Quote from greg_slideways :In the magazine i saw specificly it have 6 gears and dual clutch and top speed rather then in 5th gear it is in 6th witch is better!

You're right about the fact that the gearing is shorter in 6th compared to the T56. But whatever you read about the TR-6060 being a dual-clutch transmission is completely false.
Wow Greg, you have yet to make a single post without an exclamation mark at the end.
Yes they are going to change the gear ratios on the Corvette. Especially the Z51 pack for the normal C6 is very silly, close ratio until you enter fourth.. The Z06's box is fairly usable but its not a race-y box for sure..

They also reduced lift again, and it will corner at more than 1G. That puts Ferraris and Lambos to shame.
Haha they say the vette is better than the Viper because it has more cargo space!!! ROFL who buys a car like that looking for cargo space and air conditioning!! =)

ROFL got a kick out of this "So why the second-place finish? Blame the cruelty of the real world. At lower rpm, the exhaust sounds like a tuba having sex with a vacuum cleaner, and the baritone thrum of engine and road at highway speeds gets annoying in a hurry. The trunk volume of 15 cubic feet seems optimistic—a road trip for two will require soft luggage. In a street or track race, the Viper comes out narrowly ahead, but in real life, the Viper’s claustrophobic cabin and noisemaker mechanicals are too much of a handicap to overcome."

I wonder when GM will remember that to handle that kind of HP and forces generated on a racetrack they need a tube-chassis, factory. Chassis flex FTW!! If GM did that I don't think there would be much difference between the two cars. I know of a couple teams that switched from the Vette to the Viper because of the chassis flexing too much and throwing the suspension settings out.

C&D are ok, not like they used to be thats for sure.

Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Yes they are going to change the gear ratios on the Corvette. Especially the Z51 pack for the normal C6 is very silly, close ratio until you enter fourth.. The Z06's box is fairly usable but its not a race-y box for sure..

They also reduced lift again, and it will corner at more than 1G. That puts Ferraris and Lambos to shame.

Viper's over 1g too. I think you will find thats more down to the tire choice from factory now more than anything. IIRC the Viper is 1.07 in ACR trim, change to a harder set of rubber and your easily under 1g.

Saying that the vette is looking nice and would love to see it in person.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG