The online racing simulator
Quote from Juls :I don't know what motor G25 uses, but G25 power supply can deliver 42watts (electric power).

iirc it has 2 standard 540s or something equally weak

Quote :From the datasheet, RS 550 motors are rated to deliver 80 watts of mechanical power....for each motor!
http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp ... log.cgi?CAT_ID=rs_550pcvc

It means that with a proper power supply, this hardware can be several times more powerful than G25.

but they still deliver very low torque and whats more importantly they dont turn very fast both of which is a real issue with wheels
#27 - Juls
Quote from Shotglass :
but they still deliver very low torque and whats more importantly they dont turn very fast both of which is a real issue with wheels

With a proper reductor, three such motors are enough to turn a wheel in 1/4th of a second and give 10 pounds/5 kg of force on your hands at the same time. This is very strong.

Anyway...from the pictures I see, their power supply is not able to give enough current for three such motors (they require 300 watts!!). I suppose they use the same motors than G25, but this time three of them.
it doesnt say 3 motors anywhere
it has 1 ffb motor and 2 additional (probably) much smaller motors for vibration
Boooo... still no Ebrake!! Fail!
Quote from tristancliffe :But to those that think it's a lap mounted wheel, or that the wheel is at a crazy angle, may I invite you to look again at the blurb and the pictures - it's a REMOVEABLE lap thingy, and that's the cause of the silly angle. On a desk I'd wager it's about the same as the G25.

A friend of mine owns a Xbox 360, and has 2 lap mounted wheels. Apparently, all console based wheels that are lap mounted have a removable lap base. But they still don't attach to a table. They either have suction cups or rubber feet to lay on a table. The fact that the primary design of a product is with a lap mount, just goes to show that this is NOT intended for a simracer at his/her desk.

I'd be REALLY surprised to hear that this wheel is good (IT IS FOR A CONSOLE), because I am 100% positive that it is a piece of shit!
How can this wheel be any good if it has wireless pedals? Wireless = massive lag. By the time the game realizes you're braking, you've already crashed. For gaming, I only look for wired products.
i'll give it a go.
I just complain about the shift pads. They should be real pads and not some plastic sticks
#34 - Jakg
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :How can this wheel be any good if it has wireless pedals? Wireless = massive lag. By the time the game realizes you're braking, you've already crashed. For gaming, I only look for wired products.

Bollocks.

I hear this myth all the time, and i've tried both wired/wireless keyboards and mouse and i can't tell the lag.

Hardcore FPS'ers used to bitch about the lag of wireless mice when they first came out, but now they really can't tell the difference - they just dislike the extra weight / occasional unreliability (and battery issues) of wireless mice.

Let me guess - if you were to play LFS over a wireless internet connection you'd get that sort of lag?
#35 - DeKo
if wireless was useless for gaming, every single person playing the ps3 and the xbox360 (premium at least) would be completely fucked, no?
#36 - Jakg
I've signed up for the Beta, and i must confess i really hope that this is a decent wheel - competition is only good for us consumers.

I still think it'll be shit though, but i still wants a free one!
wireless adds ~15-30 ms lag if we are tallking about an regular access point to the internet.

We cant tell whats the wireless norm for that wheel yet.
Quote from Jakg :I've signed up for the Beta, and i must confess i really hope that this is a decent wheel - competition is only good for us consumers.

I still think it'll be shit though, but i still wants a free one!

No you don't get free one if you read it, even if you get chosen, you have to ship it back after the 14 day test is over. I wonder which party pays the shipping costs...
Quote from Tweaker :A friend of mine owns a Xbox 360, and has 2 lap mounted wheels. Apparently, all console based wheels that are lap mounted have a removable lap base. But they still don't attach to a table. They either have suction cups or rubber feet to lay on a table. The fact that the primary design of a product is with a lap mount, just goes to show that this is NOT intended for a simracer at his/her desk.

I'd be REALLY surprised to hear that this wheel is good (IT IS FOR A CONSOLE), because I am 100% positive that it is a piece of shit!

Doesn't dfp have lap mount too, at least available separately? Iirc a friend of mine had a PS2 and the wheel some years ago and I'm pretty sure it did have lap mount. Attaching the wheel to the table is not possible when there is no table. Of course a race frame can do it but the lap mount is the easy and cheap way for the most of console nubs.
#40 - aoun
i signed up for the testing. thought to myself, nothing wrong with a free wheel.. just read that we have to give it back!
Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel
Oh sorry, I was searchig among the topics, but haven't found any Porsche thingies
Quote from aoun :i signed up for the testing. thought to myself, nothing wrong with a free wheel.. just read that we have to give it back!

did they take your credit card number too...in case you will never return it! lol

seem to be a "vapor-wheel" ...
Töki, you just trying to do that Porsche community thing you sly dog
#46 - Jakg
Dear customer and fan of the Porsche 911 Turbo wheel,

The painful waiting comes to an end as we have finished the production of the first 2 shipments and will start shipping the units now.

The quality of the springs is sufficient and we used the delay to double check the products 4 times. Beside that we have 5 game testers which play 24/7 with two wheels and we already have 1600 hours without any problems.

We start shipping the first units by airfreight from Asia this week. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks until the units arrive at the final destination.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the patience and your loyalty. I am sure you enjoy your wheel.

We already selected a few community testers but we will choose many more and inform them in the next weeks.

Best regards,

Thomas Jackermeier
CEO

Endor AG
Seligenthalerstr 16
84034 Landshut
Bayern / Germany
Meh?

uh???
I got the same mail. So it's just a news letter...
Thanks for the info jakg and deggis. I received it too. Very confusing, this.
It's just a broadcast for everybody. They said only one member per forum will have the wheel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG