The online racing simulator
Corrupted Images on ATI 3850
(28 posts, started )
Hello guys!!
If've got a new ATI HD3850 and 7.12 catalyst driver.
After uninstall older ATI X1300 and it's catalyst driver, i saw a erratic graphics in LFS.
I attach photos with this images.

Can anybody help me? I must abandond last race in Spain League about this.
If I can help, under rFactor, no corrupted images appears.
Look also, dots in yellow circle in a desktop application. What is this? A memory fault?

Best regards from Spain.
Quote from banquer :Hello guys!!
After uninstall older ATI X1300 and it's catalyst driver, i saw a erratic graphics in LFS.

Best regards from Spain.

Bitmap images don't display anywhere but Paint or an image editing program. JPG please.

Uninstall your drivers, and use Driver cleaner Pro to get rid of what's left behind. Then, reinstall the drivers for your 3850.
Sorry, a put a bad link to my images.
See now, please and recomend an action.
Best regards-
Quote from banquer :Sorry, a put a bad link to my images.
See now, please and recomend an action.
Best regards-

I already did, please refer to my previous post. Or I'll just say it again. Uninstall your graphics drivers, use Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of the rest, and install the 3850 drivers again.
#5 - wien
Could be the memory is damaged yes, but frankly I'd expect the artefacts to be more random where that the case. Do you get any other artefacts? Could you attach a screenshot of them if that the case? (In JPG and attached to your post using the forum. Your other screenshots are broken links.)
#6 - J.B.
The GPU is either overheating or broken, I've seen vary similar artifacts in those cases.
Tha artefacts are always the same, shadows or things like this. In rFactor, no artefacts about shadows or lights are shown, Game works ok.
Which DirectX must be using, 9c or 10?
I try to unninstall (one more time ) the drivers, but the driver cleaner pro isn't freeware yet,
Thank you very much.
#8 - J.B.
Doesn't matter, if you try to find a different reason for the problem you are wasting your valuable time. Been there.
Thank you J.B.. I try another 3850 card and do the same artifacts. Tecnichal thinks about inconpatibility with motherboard. Graphic Card returned to seller. I'll try a nvidia one.

Best regards.
I have exactly the same problem. I took the card back to the shop, where they tested it, and said it was ok. They claimed I had a bad PSU and I bought a new, but it did not help. Let's see whats happening next.
Quote from J.B. :The GPU is either overheating or broken, I've seen vary similar artifacts in those cases.

+1 to that.

As others stated, make sure that your drivers are updated too.

Giving it a good clean may help too, but be careful not to break anything, use a very light brush to get dust off the card.
-1 to all of that.

It's merely a matter of a driver issue. Especially if you just changed graphic cards!

I had the same problem (different card tho), and so do others: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=537768#post537768

Eventually for me the solution was:
1. Download ATI catalyst drivers 8.1 (hotfix)
2. Add/remove software - remove all ati drivers
3. Reboot
4. Go to save mode (press in boot screen)
5. Run driver cleaner (however this doesn't clean everything either so do 5.1 as well)
5.1. No driver cleaner? Remove:
- C:\ATI
- C:\Windows\ - search for ati*.*. Remove all these items
6. Run the reg cleaner part of ccleaner, remove all obsolete keys
7. Reboot to normal windows
8. Install 8.1 hotfix, wdm drivers (and if you want, ATI Tray Tools)

These steps did the job for me.
#13 - J.B.
If that's the case then AMD have really reached a new low in the already low standards of GPU driver quality.
#14 - wien
Quote from AppiePils :It's merely a matter of a driver issue. Especially if you just changed graphic cards!

Huh, that's strange as I haven't had any of these problems with my HD3850 and the 7.12 drivers. I'm on Vista 64 though (Yeah, I'm nuts :P), so there may be some differences between platforms here.
My solution:
Graphic card return to seller.
Buy an GT8800 512 Mb by Nvidia.
That's all.
Quote from J.B. :If that's the case then AMD have really reached a new low in the already low standards of GPU driver quality.

Same issues arise with Nvidia drivers. If drivers aren't removed properly from the system it will affect the performance. This is frankly one of the reasons why MS with VISTA has separated the drivers from the kernel (and also explains Wien's experience).
#17 - J.B.
Well then why don't ATI and Nvidia make installers that remove the old drivers properly? You install an official driver and it causes the same effects as if your hardware were overheating. Is a lower standard of driver development even possible?
Quote from J.B. :Well then why don't ATI and Nvidia make installers that remove the old drivers properly? You install an official driver and it causes the same effects as if your hardware were overheating. Is a lower standard of driver development even possible?

You've obviously not had experience with C-Media drivers then!
Quote from banquer :Hello guys!!

Look also, dots in yellow circle in a desktop application. What is this? A memory fault?

Best regards from Spain.

one year ago i have same problem ... when i put my graphic card in computer i forgor extra power from power supply unit
The Moose: Thank¡s for the link. I also find it on the Net.
mobiholik: The first thing I do with everything is "read instrucction manual" and in (I don't remember the page) advise that this card need at less 450W power unit. I bought a 650w one.

Thank you all, but how I tell up, I'd bought and nVidia GT8800 512Mb.

Regards.
#22 - J.B.
Quote from Rooble :You've obviously not had experience with C-Media drivers then!

No way can they compete with all the problems I've seen over the years with GPU drivers. I mean the mere fact that there are whole communities on the web that are based on waiting for new driver releases should speak for itself. And don't even get me started on Avivo, Purevideo and other lies, there are 138 page long threads just about getting HD Disks to play.

But what can we expect when all the so called "Hardware" websites are run by mindless FPS gamers who think everything is great as long as they get their Crysis benchmark out of a card. [/rant]
same problem solved
I have HD3850 which had same problems. Problem was solved by updating the BIOS for the motherboard. The motherboard is an Asrock with VIA PT880 chipset. The new PCIe 2.0 was not properly supported by the MB and it was fixed in the new bios. I also reinstalled the windows and put in the newest Catalyst drivers 8.1, so I did not really test what the bios did alone.

At the same time I got rid of AA problems that I had had.
a m8 has a 3850 but has no issues at all, he did remove all graphics drivers before before installing the new card.
I gots me a integrated NVidia GeForce4 MX series, and its 5 years old, and seemed to overburn? Should I replace it or mess with the drivers?

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG