The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Quote from matt_green84 :The problem with NAWZ as i see it is that it would take a complete redesign of many components of the game, including (but not limited to)
  • Car Models - Parts of the car such as the floorpan under the passenger seat would need to become detachable
  • Sparks - Would need to be implemented for when the said piece of floorplan begins to catch on the road.
  • A random screw picker for which ones are going to fall out - for example the one's under the dashboard for no apparent reason.
  • A beeping laptop on the passenger seat, showing graphs that are apparently unconnected to the actual engine.
  • A 'buff' blonde guy with ringlets in his hair who can't really drive.
  • A bald dude and a skinny geek waiting at the start/finish line to tell you about the piston rings you fried.
  • A lot of black guys to go "Whooooooooo" when said geek opens the bonnet releasing plumes of smoke.
  • Smoke.
Thats not to mention gay bodykits, graffix, and neon. And Chinese Mobsters.

I reckon you got the nail on the head right there. But im still thinking there should be a button "Smash over back of head" someone who actually ever thinks Nitrios Oxide will ever be implemented into a game of such high caliber as this.
Mate its not NEED FOR SPEED ITS LIVE FOR SPEED IF YOU WANT NOS BUY Need for speed Then!
my god. 14 pages!
no nos on this game please it will fail miserably............. ><
yes, and in addition, add random engine malfunctions

jk, but seriously, add a random malfunction
Quote from atlantian :yes, and in addition, add random engine malfunctions

jk, but seriously, add a random malfunction

There is no such thing as "random engine malfunction". Every malfunction has "cause -> consequence". For example, brakes won't just brake up suddently. They can overheat and lose friction between brake lump and the tire, 'tho.

Edit: Fixed typo
how about adding "profiles" just like in prostreet. where if you abuse your car, it would carry over into the next race. combined with GPL
where the engine is overly sensitive, if you push it too hard, you better be perpared to lose your place in the race.

so like in real life, if you smack around your car, you will have bad tires, a glitchy engine, and a cooked clutch(i love the y patch, made me drive much smoother)
Quote from atlantian :how about adding "profiles" just like in prostreet.

Like "No damage", "Light damage", "Heavy damage" and "Totalled"?
I didn't saw anything special when I got heavy damage. Max speed was reduced about 10 km/h.

What is the point that you don't repair any (and all) damage before next race? Why should there be some kind of classes? If there would be classes, there would be also money, so you can use it to repair any damage. And because now there is money, you could also use that for buying nice spoilers, roof scoops and vinyls. And also 3ng1n3 upgr4d3$!! And we have NFS: [input ridiculous phrase here].

PS. This is just my opinion.
Quote from @ Fun_Stuff @ :

hi i was wondoring if u can get Nos on the demo cars

Thanks @ Fun_Stuff @ :bananalla

You, you are....

Aghh
lol, how about an arcade-like game with all sorts of gimicky features like NFS but have a physics system that is so realistic, it's impossible to drive with a kybard.
Quote from atlantian :lol, how about an arcade-like game with all sorts of gimicky features like NFS but have a physics system that is so realistic, it's impossible to drive with a kybard.

How about an arcade-like game what is just like it should be (Just like any other arcade-game)?

How about a racing-simulation (Not drifting-simulation, tuning-simulation, fapfap-simulation) what is just like it should be. Pure racing. As realistic as possible, still being a simulator, not an emulator.

Remember: LFS is only a pile of binary-code. It can never be as realistic as real life is. If you want to have infinite number of options in a simulator, you should instead shut down your computer, go outside and enjoy your life.
um... drifters typically look for the MOST physically realistic sim there is not an arcade game.

I am looking for a sim that i can play instead of paying for gas, tires, and new car parts that I damaged. WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think that drifters would want an arcade game?!?!?

and i don't think you can stop drifting in a game where it's totally realistic, that's only going to make it better for drifters. use your brain.

and how can you factor out car tuning when you are talking about a racing simulator? that would be retarded if you can't adjust your suspension and how each car drives.
Quote from atlantian :um... drifters typically look for the MOST physically realistic sim there is not an arcade game.

I am looking for a sim that i can play instead of paying for gas, tires, and new car parts that I damaged. WHAT IN THE WORLD makes you think that drifters would want an arcade game?!?!?

and i don't think you can stop drifting in a game where it's totally realistic, that's only going to make it better for drifters. use your brain.

and how can you factor out car tuning when you are talking about a racing simulator? that would be retarded if you can't adjust your suspension and how each car drives.

Umm... Games like:
- Need for Speed: Underground 2
- Need for Speed: Carbon
- Need for Speed: Pro Street
Every one of those games has drifting included in the game.

About tuning:
I meaned "W0w im conn4 pu7 da gr347 sp01l3r to my h00d (and that doesn't give downforce, it just looks ridiculous)"

About RL:
a) Fuel isn't THAT expensive, and least in US of A. In finland it costs over 1.5 dollars per liter (Yes, liter, not gallon). :P
b) Cars, tires and parts isn't so expensive, either. Just learn to do it right, and don't **** things up. :P Dunno if darifto requires so much more for a car than racing... Maybe some special hollywood tires and such. :P
go to a day of autoX and you will understand my stand on the tire usage... it's rediculous.

but no, they might have a point based "drift session" but that is not going to teach you how to drift in a car.

in a realistic sim, you will have to master several aspects of car control as you do in real life. obviously, you have only heard of drifting from f+f and automatically assume that drifting is ricer shit.

i watch show drifting... kinda, i actually watch wrc and touge more. but seriously, drifting is not as simple as you think, just like how normal people think F1 is just men in carts driving around. and drifting is a type of performance driving, you need to know how to race before you drift, it's not just joyriding one afternoon sliding in snow.
Quote from atlantian :go to a day of autoX and you will understand my stand on the tire usage... it's rediculous.

but no, they might have a point based "drift session" but that is not going to teach you how to drift in a car.

in a realistic sim, you will have to master several aspects of car control as you do in real life. obviously, you have only heard of drifting from f+f and automatically assume that drifting is ricer shit.

i watch show drifting... kinda, i actually watch wrc and touge more. but seriously, drifting is not as simple as you think, just like how normal people think F1 is just men in carts driving around. and drifting is a type of performance driving, you need to know how to race before you drift, it's not just joyriding one afternoon sliding in snow.

...And here we have 16 years old boy teaching me to darifto.

No, I don't give rat's ass about darifto. I race IRL, 'tho. So could you please stop teaching your dad to make love?
Quote from Gekkibi :
a) Fuel isn't THAT expensive, and least in US of A. In finland it costs over 1.5 dollars per liter (Yes, liter, not gallon). :P

Germany with 1.4x €/liter
^not teaching you, just trying to ask you NOT to use drift in synonomous with ricer. that's all, and stop saying darifto
Quote from atlantian :^not teaching you, just trying to ask you NOT to use drift in synonomous with ricer. that's all, and stop saying darifto

Ok, maybe I was on fire when I wrote that last post. I don't hate drifting, actually it is pretty fun to watch (ocassionally). And if I recall correctly, I have never used word "ricer" or "riceboy".

However, I do disagree that LFS should have more drifting capabilites in the future. The more programmers spend time to those features, the less they can spend time in other features. I would love to have more weather conditions in LFS, not some kind of drift-points a'la NFS (I don't know how IRL they decide who is winner in drift competition, but I have understood it has something to do with judges, like skijumping or figure skating).
Quote from atlantian :^not teaching you, just trying to ask you NOT to use drift in synonomous with ricer. that's all, and stop saying darifto

Why not? Until you get into mega-bucks 'serious' drifting, with real sponsorship rather than just stickers of the components used on the car, it basically IS ricing in many ways!
Quote from tristancliffe :Why not? Until you get into mega-bucks 'serious' drifting, with real sponsorship rather than just stickers of the components used on the car, it basically IS ricing in many ways!

unless you're awesome and use american cars to piss people off
23 pages now
Quote from Gekkibi :Ok, maybe I was on fire when I wrote that last post. I don't hate drifting, actually it is pretty fun to watch (ocassionally). And if I recall correctly, I have never used word "ricer" or "riceboy".

However, I do disagree that LFS should have more drifting capabilites in the future. The more programmers spend time to those features, the less they can spend time in other features. I would love to have more weather conditions in LFS, not some kind of drift-points a'la NFS (I don't know how IRL they decide who is winner in drift competition, but I have understood it has something to do with judges, like skijumping or figure skating).

ok, but since you used "darifto" as a word for drift, i assumed that you where using mockery, and i don't think that coding in a point system would be necessary, or practical, since it's based on style.

although i think that they should have the CS style spectator thing where the spectators can watch without taking up slots, then have them vote like a figure skating compitition
Quote :Why not? Until you get into mega-bucks 'serious' drifting, with real sponsorship rather than just stickers of the components used on the car, it basically IS ricing in many ways!

If stickers are the defining points of a rice car, why not call all major race cars "rice" then?

But BOT, having a Hollywood-style button-activated-nos would be considered cheating. and i think it should not be used. and if there was boost, just make engines stronger and call it "turboed" or "blown"
Quote from spanks :unless you're awesome and use american cars to piss people off

note: the term ricer is not restricted to use in any nationality of cars.

There are plenty of mustangs that are riced out, and worst are neons and homemade RS focuses

speaking of rice, i would want to see a "V-spec" Hyundai sonata with dubs and neon, with billet grills.
Quote from atlantian :note: the term ricer is not restricted to use in any nationality of cars.

There are plenty of mustangs that are riced out, and worst are neons and homemade RS focuses

speaking of rice, i would want to see a "V-spec" Hyundai sonata with dubs and neon, with billet grills.

generally when I say american cars, due to my tastes...it excludes everything except awesome GM cars from the 60's, and notable ones thereafter

I see more riced out mustangs around here than import cars I think...its horrible

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0tKxdFqRxU
this doesn't look very riced out to me

also, the only reason we have decals on our drag cars of companies that have parts on our cars is because they pay contingencies if you win a divisional or national event...otherwise, there would be very few, if any on the car at all.

also #2, why is it that so many drifters swap out to an LS series v8? Oh, right...because powersliding is a whole lot easier when you have low end torque on demand...A 4 cylinder...single or twin turbo with a massive intercooler and yards of extra exhaust tubing...I think that just threw out the weight difference between an all aluminum ls1 and a 4 cylinder. (not really directed at you at all...just thought I'd throw it out there)
yes, sponsors, it's "kinda hard" to "impossible" to raise your own budget for a race car.

but what about team stickers? affiliations, and other memorabilias for your car, kinda like tattoos(group affiliation)

ah, yesh.... i think that people who swap those monster powerhouses into their small cars, sold out. I love 4 bangers, since it sounds so rough when you push it hard. It feels unstable and wild.
-
(Austin31287) DELETED by Victor : spam

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG