The online racing simulator
Passed My Theory Today
(36 posts, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Had your first stall yet?

Nope, the instructor guy said his feet was hurting after about 30 minutes from hovering over the pedals, to be ready with the clutch.
Not once did he have to step in. When I've driven my car and my dads van, I've yet to stall, still got that to come
You will stall at some point, its useful to know exactly what to do when you do stall. I stalled quite a few times in my early lessons, but that meant I was very fast at getting going again.
I agree. I don't want to be on the road when I have my first stall. By "on the road" I don't mean I would rather do it off-road, I mean after I pass. At least if Mr. Instructor Man is there, he can offer any tips.
congratulations. i only had to get 35 on mine and got 34, so it wasnt that bad. unfortunalty i took 3 times to get through my practical but looking back i wasnt ready for the first 2, but passed with 4 minors one the 3rd.

and a bit of advice, when you do book your practical dont tel anyone who doesnt need to know. less pressure on you so youl not be as nervous.
Congratulations! (I hope you will afford an orange charger in the future)

Quote from Dooonster :it goes L--->red p------> green p------> license, by then some people don't care and stay on there p's for life lol ooo and theres a test for each license and u can only take them at certain ages i tink

Interesting please explain the "grading" and what it permits/restricts. We dont have anything like that here, I think, we got probational license (stated on the license only) the first two years, if you lose it during that period you have to do a full relicense with theory and practical. (My license came with a postit on the back stating it was probational, that postid diddnt stay there many minutes I can admit now)
Quote from Captain Slow :and a bit of advice, when you do book your practical dont tel anyone who doesnt need to know. less pressure on you so youl not be as nervous.

I didn't tell anyone about my theory, just in case I failed, I didn't have the whole, "Hai!!1 How did you get on?!!1" "*Coughs* I...erm...*clears throat* failed." "Oh".

Same goes for the practical. It sounds mean but I would rather not have every man and their dog wishing me luck, thinking of me and asking me how I got on if I did phail.

But, thanks for the advice anyway

Quote from heson :Congratulations! (I hope you will afford an orange charger in the future)

Same here

Quote from heson : Interesting please explain the "grading" and what it permits/restricts. We dont have anything like that here, I think, we got probational license (stated on the license only) the first two years, if you lose it during that period you have to do a full relicense with theory and practical. (My license came with a postit on the back stating it was probational, that postid diddnt stay there many minutes I can admit now)

We have a provisional license which allows you to drive on the road with "L" plates on and with someone who has been driving for 3 or 4 years and over the age of 21.

Once you pass, you can put a Green P plate on just to let other drivers know you are new to the road. This is optional whereas the L plates are not. Most people tend to steer clear of the P Plates, as people tend to treat you with a lot less respect if they know you are new.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.
Quote from The General Lee :
Once you pass, you can put a Green P plate on just to let other drivers know you are new to the road. This is optional whereas the L plates are not. Most people tend to steer clear of the P Plates, as people tend to treat you with a lot less respect if they know you are new.

Another option is to put a fart can and type R stickers on your Metro/Fiesta/Nova, then people will also know that you are complete idiot, and should thus be avoided
ROFL.

Hence why I haven't gone down that road
Quote from heson :Congratulations! (I hope you will afford an orange charger in the future)

Interesting please explain the "grading" and what it permits/restricts. We dont have anything like that here, I think, we got probational license (stated on the license only) the first two years, if you lose it during that period you have to do a full relicense with theory and practical. (My license came with a postit on the back stating it was probational, that postid diddnt stay there many minutes I can admit now)

well as far as i know l 80kph with another driver red p 100kph by ur self green p 120kph on big motorways

get caught speeding on ur red p's loss of license for how ever long they choose. go to much over jail and car confiscation, same for green p's, drinking instant loss of license with heavy as fine,

i lost my greens p's in auz before i left because when i get back ill have them again got caught doing 170kph and a 40 zone impounded of car and loss of license for 8 months $10,000 fine. so i learned my lesson its not like the uk i got soooo many warnings they just want to let you off
Quote from The General Lee :Same here

We have a provisional license which allows you to drive on the road with "L" plates on and with someone who has been driving for 3 or 4 years and over the age of 21.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

dude now u have ur theory under ur belt go for the test when u take at leased 3 lessons to brush up on how to pass and drive with ur dad like every night i drove with my mate before i passed my theory for 79hours to become a smooth driver. u will notice this when u drive on ur own for about a year when u see learners when they change lanes they are very quick and deliberate. not like us drivers who have being on the road for a while tend to take it more smooth, just try not to pick up bad habbits lol i kept scratching my nose in the test to remind me "twenty to two" and both hands on the wheel lol, reverse park remind ur self to ujust the mirror back up when u are done lol i forgot and got a minor LOL im such a noob but i passed first time, more time on the road the better u become hassle ur dad like hes never being hassled and u will be on the road soon mate well done!
Only joking about the attachment

Thanks for the advice mate. I think I would rather go out with someone who actually knows the road laws in full instead of someone who took their test 22 years ago, in which the whole test has changed completely

I have spent a lot of time driving with my Dad to improve smoothness etc before I went with Mr. Instructor, I guess thats why I had that advantage
Attached images
antitxtbanner3ym.gif

Passed My Theory Today
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG