The online racing simulator
Passed My Theory Today
(36 posts, started )
Passed My Theory Today
Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this, but this is the off topic forum and I'm quite chuffed, so eat it

Well, I don't really know what to say as the title sums it up and I want people to share my joy in the horrible place we call the world which seems to always be full of hate and sadness

But I was slightly nervous, I don't really get nervous nor worried about thing, but I did get slightly nervous about 5 minutes before.

You have 50 questions and you have to get 43 out of the 50 correct to pass and I got 48

The hazard perception test has got to be the most stupidest way of marking something, but you needed 50 out of 70 points to pass and I got 65

One step closer to driving now, whoop!
#2 - mr_x
The theory was really easy... I didn't revise for any of it and still got 48/50 and got 67/70 on hazard perception.

The practical is the hard part, somehow I sailed through that with 1 minor.

Good luck with the next part. Learning to drive is easily the best thing I've done with my life, it's such a handy thing to have!
Thanks for making me feel small on 1 out of 2 big days. You bitch.

Walking sucks, as does grabbing lifts with family/friends. I can't wait to get on the road in my great car
#4 - mr_x
If you pass you pass, you still get the licence at the end of the day

Doesn't matter how good test results are, the licence will still be yours.
I was only kidding anyway

Thanks for the kind words mate
'Grats on passing. Only one more (taller) hurdle to jump.

Good luck on the practical,
#7 - ajp71
I got 35/35 and 56/70 IIRC, no idea really what the hell the hazard perception bit was about, not that I care really seeing as I managed to pass it (just ). The theory test is a joke though with questions that are mostly blindingly obvious then throwing something completely obscure (like questions about signals for trams), something too subjective (like what you should with a fire in a tunnel) or something completely misleading (like 4WD giving you greater grip).
Quote from mr_x :If you pass you pass, you still get the licence at the end of the day

Doesn't matter how good test results are, the licence will still be yours.

Not when your brother got no faults. You never live that down.
well done
better get your driving test passed asap before the put the price up again!!!!
Congratulation, nice work!
Congrats mate
Grats, it is a piece of cake though

Wierd thing, I have been driving for 15 years, and when I took my bike test 2 years ago, I still had to pass a thoery test, even though I had 15 years of driving experiance already, go figure.
Good stuff, the damn theory has gotten harder again, was only 35 questions when I done it, 32/35 and 67/70 for the hazard crap, even though it's all general knowledge and stuff, you still find some questions where both answer could fit, didn't bother me though, a pass is a pass.

The driving test was a bit differnt, I had 4 minors and 2 of them were undue hesitation, which I would say is a good thing. I can't remember what the second one was but the first was at a roundabout, when I was a bit 50/50 as to if I could make it on without being in a rush before the other car came, so I waited for a better chance. Much better getting one of those rather than a major for cutting someone up I suppose.

Good luck with your test.
Thanks guys.

Some of the questions did really make me laugh...

"Which of the following should you do before stopping?"

A) Sound the horn.
B) Use the mirrors.
C) Select a higher gear.
D) Flash your headlights.

- Seriously...

Saying that, my auntie (back in the day) when asked what should you do when you see an amber light at a set of traffic lights and she answered "floor it!" Only because when she had been in the car with others, they always booted it to make sure they beat the red light!
Theory? Pretty simple to be honest. The only questions you need to revise for are the stopping distances as they're the only questions there aren't any logical answers to as a) all the answers are numbers and b) they're all rubbish.

Although I can't comment on the havard perception test, I passed my theory the day before they introduced it, thankfully. One less piece of rubbish to pass. I mean where are the hazards? I mean hello, the biggest hazard is me, the learner driver who can't drive and is going to cause a massive queue by driving at 25mph and stalling at the top of the hill!
Congratulations Looney

(Just ignore the boring shits and mark the event in a suitable manner)
Nice one, I've got mine on the 22nd of Jan, can't wait, 'cause as soon as I get it done I'm ready for my practical!
A little update -

I had my first lesson today, a kind of introduction lesson. I wasn't nervous at all, and I thought I would be as this would be the first time on the road. All went well and he was very pleased. He said "I was the best first time road user he has ever taught in the 16 years he has been teaching." And that "I have the confidence and 'skill' behind the wheel as someone who has been driving on the road for about a year." He think I should be able to pass in 20 hours, but I could get away with 10 hours. But I would rather have the extra experience so I have gone down the 20 hours route.

I will be booking the test on Monday/Tuesday and we are going to work out lessons based around that date.
Good work

Took me about 13 hours of lessons, but had a gap of several months between some (had most in feb-april, then stopped because exams+coursework etc, had one in August, then 1 before my test in September). Lots of driving with my dad though.

Over 2 years now...gone quickly....many thousands of miles gone too (dunno how many exactly, 15k or so though )
Had your first stall yet?
Quote from _Rob_ :.many thousands of miles gone too (dunno how many exactly, 15k or so though )

n00b!!

OK, so I'm counting 35 years of driving, of which at least 25 are as a professional driver, but I reckon I have passed the 2,000,000 miles mark easily!
(and STILL doing 1.5k per week!)

Congrats to General though..I remember the buzz when I passed my first test..even if it WAS in a horseless carriage!
Well, didn't have my car the whole time at uni first year, so it's not as little as it sounds
Most miles in a week here is 500ish I guess - mostly around town, in a nissan cabstar pickup.....

~350 mile trip tomorrow, exmouth->NEC and back....leaving 6am :o
to drive in england is the easiest thing ive done, i had a full license 3 months after my bday (used to drive alot on the farms in auz) so i dint need to much practice i passed in a vauxhall astra 1996 with a stupid backbox then i thought i was invincible. went to cruses did my car up and dont say no one has! lol, was all fine went back to auz got my lisence taken off me and put back on p plates and had my speed restricted .So in auz i have 3 months left till i can have my full licence and im over 20 now lol think its 21 or so but im not there so it don't matter and i don't dream of driving here in china!

makes me think about how the English who drive faster give away license's easier, spose thats why they are so harsh on ur insurance that 1.6 Astra cost me nothing but huge amounts so i went to my 1972 Austin mini Mayfair that i played with till it was cool lol,
then i went back to auz and got a V8 vr manual! god i can still hear them extractors and the tyres as it went around corners that thing was off the hook!

any way congrats think ur self lucky that ur in england not in auz u would still have your p plates at 20

it goes L--->red p------> green p------> license, by then some people don't care and stay on there p's for life lol ooo and theres a test for each license and u can only take them at certain ages i tink
Quote from The General Lee :Some of the questions did really make me laugh...

"Which of the following should you do before stopping?"

A) Sound the horn.
B) Use the mirrors.
C) Select a higher gear.
D) Flash your headlights.

- Seriously...

My Dad was a driving instructor. You would be amazed at the amount of complete dipshits that get the most obvious questions wrong. It really defies belief.

Congrats by the way
Good job mate, when I passed mine we had less questions so it was a bit easier. I went in there prepared to answer 100 questions in 45 minutes, turned out it was only 35. I still think the tests are too easy, they need to include the pass plus stuff as standard and then make advanced driving classes cheaper.

Congratualtions though mate, remember the practical is easier, you just need to hesitate and assume you have to stop for everything.

Passed My Theory Today
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG