The online racing simulator
Can anyone explain overlap?
As the title said, I don't completely understand the overlap, can anyone explain it (preferably with pictures). I don't race much on the CTRA servers, but I do race on other servers (especially my team's server, NiTRa), and try to abide by the CTRA rules whenever I race. I don't get the bit about overlap, what constitutes it, when you shouldn't turn in on people, etc.

Can anyone clarify it for me?

DK
#2 - J@tko
Quote from DieKolkrabe :As the title said, I don't completely understand the overlap, can anyone explain it (preferably with pictures). I don't race much on the CTRA servers, but I do race on other servers (especially my team's server, NiTRa), and try to abide by the CTRA rules whenever I race. I don't get the bit about overlap, what constitutes it, when you shouldn't turn in on people, etc.

Can anyone clarify it for me?

DK

Sorry - no pics as I'm @ school!

Basically overlap is when your nose is infront of the rear wheels of the car you are trying to overtake.

I'm sure someone else will give you a better explanation, with pictures, but that's basically overlap.
#3 - Dru
Real quick answer,

If you are driving in car and you use the look left or right button (to turn the full 90 degrees and you see half of your opponents car that is approximately over lap.

Of course this only counts if the guy is on the inside of the corner, if he is on the outside it's likely that you will be quicker around the corner, just make sure you leave enoough room for the pair of you to drive 2 wide.

HTH

Dru.
Quote from Dru :Real quick answer,

If you are driving in car and you use the look left or right button (to turn the full 90 degrees and you see half of your opponents car that is approximately over lap.

Of course this only counts if the guy is on the inside of the corner, if he is on the outside it's likely that you will be quicker around the corner, just make sure you leave enoough room for the pair of you to drive 2 wide.

HTH

Dru.

Thanks..

Can you give pictoral examples please?

DK
#5 - Dru
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Thanks..

Can you give pictoral examples please?

DK

Later on yes - but am at work at the mo
overlap is, when you see a car in your mirrow with team-tags
like HR, CR or FPR... then just move to the side, brake softly
and let them pass

ah just kidding (its just with fpr-cars)
Quote from LordBlaster :overlap is, when you see a car in your mirrow with team-tags
and let them pass

ah just kidding (its just with fpr-cars)

:P HR are usually backmarkers ain't they?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe ::P HR are usually backmarkers ain't they?

DK

not if there´s noone from CR or FPR on the server
Quote from LordBlaster :overlap is, when you see a car in your mirrow with team-tags
and let them pass

ROFL, I like the way your thinking ,My Lord
#10 - SamH
CTRA calls sufficient overlap when the front of your bumper is level with, or ahead of the rear edge of the front door of the driver on the outside. In single seaters, the front spoiler must be level with, or ahead, of the driver's head.

The time you have to achieve it is up until the normal turn-in point for that corner (not by the braking point, as some have assumed in the past). What constitutes a normal turn-in point is at the admin/stewards' discretion, but will be closely and thoroughly considered.

HTH
Quote ::P HR are usually backmarkers ain't they?

DK

Quote from LordBlaster :not if there´s noone from CR or FPR on the server

ROFL
Quote from SamH :CTRA calls sufficient overlap when the front of your bumper is level with, or ahead of the rear edge of the front door of the driver on the outside. In single seaters, the front spoiler must be level with, or ahead, of the driver's head.

The time you have to achieve it is up until the normal turn-in point for that corner (not by the braking point, as some have assumed in the past). What constitutes a normal turn-in point is at the admin/stewards' discretion, but will be closely and thoroughly considered.

HTH

For the Tin tops I basically say it the same way, just a bit differently by saying that if my bumper isn't ahead of the other person's rear tire than I don't have enough overlap =)

For single seaters I call significant overlap when my front wing is in line with the driver.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG