The online racing simulator
what Game are you realy hanging out for?
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Widdowmaker :Im waiting for and have been for some time - the new Elite - some of you may know it as Frontier or Frontier Elite.

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/

Probably the first space trader "sim" out there back in the days of the Acorn Electron and BBCB, when pc's were black and white or Green and White Screens.

Elite as it is now is in development for a modern release - somewhere- but there is on going legal wrangling between the origional writers.

Arma 2 is another I am waiting for.

yeah Elite, I forgot about that one. I used to play frontier on the Amiga, nothing has even come close in modern times. Imagine how cool it could be with todays technology. I played Freelancer for a while but it wasn't nearly as open ended.
Gran Turismo 5. No two ways about it. And Prologue.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Spore

I haven't been following PC games much lately but Spore is something I definitely want to get whenever it comes out.
Spore for me, but if it's dumbed down too much I'll be heartbroken. I would much rather an attempt at a semi serious lesson in biology and evolutionary theory with gameplay elements tacked on (atleast to the level of Creatures), but maybe that's just not gonna happen. It's entirely possible that it'll still be a lot of fun though.

Clear Skies, or for that matter, the new Fallout game. It'll be interesting to see how these two games go head to head, as they both revolve around similar worlds.

Alan Wake... possibly, but I don't know that much about it, apart from the fact it does tornados and runs well on quad cores. ?

And of course, LFS. S2 final acometh!

edit: I'm still holding out for some very sophisticated surfing/wave physics sim with tools to be able to edit bathymetry and wind conditions so you can create your own waves. That would keep me occupied for ever. :surfing:
Quote from Mazz4200 :Well, if Arma2 is released this year it probably won't be playable till late 2009/early 2010, so hopefully Operation Flashpoint 2 will be finished this year. If not then the best i can hope for is they drop the price of VBS2 by a couple of hundred quid or more

Other than that i'm not entirely sure what's scheduled for release this year, any decent racing sims ? FS11 ? dunno ?

edit: just noticed Spanky's already mentioned Arma2....(well, who the hell reads the whole thread anyway ?)

Arma 2 or Operation Flashpoint 2 (will wait for the demos before deciding). The problem is that with the next game I'll buy, I'll have to rebuild myself a whole new PC. Need a new graphic card and then my power supply will need to be changed too, which means I might as well buy a new processor and the list goes on...
somewhere, deep in the secret uderground programming office...elite group of men, are secretely making the final part of the world's greatest game...HL2:EP3...I don't even know when it's going to be out
I really want GTA IV can't w8 to get it on my 360 oh and to all 360 owners we get an extra island as well as loads of dlc

i am a 360 owner btw
I am waiting for ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
all i know about DNF was that there was stories about it running on internet explorer so that it could be played on anything that runs a good enough blablabla but DNF its a good dreem?
actually just thought a good CS would be good just a revamp on it so the GFX were better not like source tho its for noobs that like to spray gun shots around the map, but i think they could do another better one like CSCD is the best ive played out of them all.

dint mind HLE2 it was good but the game keeps minimiseing on me so i not a fan now lol every 30 mins or so.

what Game are you realy hanging out for?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG