The online racing simulator
Show # of pits done
(19 posts, started )
Show # of pits done
At DTM series we have to make two mandatory pitstops. It would be nice if the number of times you've gone into pits could be shown beside your name in the standings, just like they do when broadcasting real DTM races.

I like this idea, and it is kind of like my idea for showing the number of laps you ... ts list during qualifying.

So I agree, in the same place this could be shown on the list, it would instead be "stops" on the standings and show the count there.

Would love to see this :up: (Also the results don't show Drive-Through Penalties under the penalty part)
Quote from BurnOut69 :At DTM series we have to make two mandatory pitstops. It would be nice if the number of times you've gone into pits could be shown beside your name in the standings, just like they do when broadcasting real DTM races.

I am going to put the number of pit stops in live timing on the SimFIA website.

Would be nice to have a Pit Stop Packet, but looks like me and filur are going to have to find a way of doing it with the current setup.
It sure will be nice to have them on the site, but when I really need to know them is when I am in the middle of a hell of a battle and Im wondering if the guy in front is gonna need to pit soon, so I can avoid a passing move that would slow me down.
Quote from BurnOut69 :It sure will be nice to have them on the site, but when I really need to know them is when I am in the middle of a hell of a battle and Im wondering if the guy in front is gonna need to pit soon, so I can avoid a passing move that would slow me down.

Oh, so you want to know if the guy in front has to pit...
Ok ok, I'll make something like that for in game use.
That would be great!

In last OLFSL race, I was leading in lap 18 and the guy in 2nd was creeping too close. I pushed harder than I should and almost crashed, only to find out he had pitted in lap 10 of 30, which obviously meant he was on a 2-pits strategy, while I was on one.

Knowing # of pits come handy at times
+1 from me. I would really like to know how many pitstops other drivers have done during the race so adding it to the positions list would be great.
Err, this feature was added a while back. This thread is 18 months old. You've obviously not paid attention at the end of a race.
What about during the race?
Well this is where the realism comes in. If you were in a real car, racing, would you know if a driver on the other side of the track pitted or not? Probably not.
Point taken. It depends if you have a pit radio. I would like to see it implimented anyway as in races like the GFC league you probably would know. Best option would be to have it as something which could be turned on/off for each server.
Agreed, in the high spec cars, they would likely have pit radio, so the data could be available then (textually, since you can't ask anyone on a real radio).
Quote from Bob Smith :Agreed, in the high spec cars, they would likely have pit radio, so the data could be available then (textually, since you can't ask anyone on a real radio).

Not even via TS (if you had such a system set up, and somebody had access to the info?)?

DK
it could be done like as if going into the pits was counted as pit laps????
could also be wrong tho lol

id say a pit radio or message would be ok from setup in the before race setup. like just add what laps you would think about pitting on before the race then it would say or pop up like the lap time on the first split saying ur split time and pit lap or something. but im no expert but it seems like it could be an easy mod
#15 - Osco
wasn't the possibility to see other drivers fuel load disabled for this reason. you can already see the state of your opponents tires, wich I think is already too much...
so -1 from me
#16 - Osco
Quote from BurnOut69 :That would be great!

In last OLFSL race, I was leading in lap 18 and the guy in 2nd was creeping too close. I pushed harder than I should and almost crashed, only to find out he had pitted in lap 10 of 30, which obviously meant he was on a 2-pits strategy, while I was on one.

Knowing # of pits come handy at times

that's racing...
I don't think it's the same thing. No-one watching the race would know your fuel load or tyre temperatures. Anyone watching the race (like your pit crew) can see how many times you pit.
How about adding these statistics to LFS World, pit stops done and total tires used.

Show # of pits done
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG