The online racing simulator
its Q2 patch it neva did it before it ,
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
If it's only one server thats giving you trouble, don't worry about it.
I do think this is a patch Q problem. I downgraded my patch version to patch P5 and all is well, and I do expect it will be the same for eveyone else who is having this problem. Do try it and tell me your results. Also, (to the devs) take a look at your network code, as there is a glitch when talking to Q clients and Q servers (I don't there there is such a problem when talking with P servers).
I also have this problem from time to time on some servers. My connection bar starts to go into the red, it keeps rising slowly until i get disconnected. But some times it will just go back down and noprobs (as some one else metioned).

Oddly, I have noticed that the "red bar" will drop back to green when another player on the server does somthing e.g. Pit-in, Pit-out, join spectators, join the race etc.

So, why does the Bar reset itself when a racer is doing somthing to do with entering/leaving the race/server? Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, I dont get lag when the bar is rising, nor do i ever get complaints about my car lagging to other drivers, when the bar is rising/timming out.
okay my problem has been solved, here was my issue

my trendmicro was blocking the required ports, I saw on a post that the port was 1 port however it wasnt, I have since configured, lfs to run off the proper ports and its all fixed

neva use the wireless zero config, disable it it has a security flaw in it that is very easy to manipulate and its uber ghey anyway, just stick with your D-link software, also to not
if ur using a WPA pre shared key in wifi, set the key lifetimee to as long as it permitts which is usually 255 minutes, because eveytime the key regenerates a random code, there is a split second where u loose connection, maybe a few milliseconds, but its enought to contribute to the lag issues ur all getting as well

peace out homies
#31 - UsuL
Port number you changed was?

How do you change tha port number?

Share it
I am in a DMZ and it's still happening. . .
Make sure everything is getting a bit of air flow, nothing like overheating routers!
Quote from seinfeld :okay my problem has been solved, here was my issue

my trendmicro was blocking the required ports, I saw on a post that the port was 1 port however it wasnt, I have since configured, lfs to run off the proper ports and its all fixed

neva use the wireless zero config, disable it it has a security flaw in it that is very easy to manipulate and its uber ghey anyway, just stick with your D-link software, also to not
if ur using a WPA pre shared key in wifi, set the key lifetimee to as long as it permitts which is usually 255 minutes, because eveytime the key regenerates a random code, there is a split second where u loose connection, maybe a few milliseconds, but its enought to contribute to the lag issues ur all getting as well

peace out homies

ITS DOING IT AGAIN FFS, it was okay for a day now its not
please devs wats going on
Quote from DratsaB :I also have this problem from time to time on some servers. My connection bar starts to go into the red, it keeps rising slowly until i get disconnected. But some times it will just go back down and noprobs (as some one else metioned).

Oddly, I have noticed that the "red bar" will drop back to green when another player on the server does somthing e.g. Pit-in, Pit-out, join spectators, join the race etc.

So, why does the Bar reset itself when a racer is doing somthing to do with entering/leaving the race/server? Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, I dont get lag when the bar is rising, nor do i ever get complaints about my car lagging to other drivers, when the bar is rising/timming out.

this is my experiance also, if ur racing and no one has pitted thats when u get kicked, if someone regularly pits or connects its fine
Quote from seinfeld :this is my experiance also, if ur racing and no one has pitted thats when u get kicked, if someone regularly pits or connects its fine

Interesting, this would be worth following up. Its the only "constant" thing I can see with this problem.

What about others with the same connection problems, do you get this also?
I get the same thing can we please get the devs in here to look at our problem , its really gettin to me
I get the bar thing too...

it keeps going up and up...untill suddenly i'm disconected...
i also have this kind of problems but i believe its my isp or my lan config messing up, connecting straight to the modem last year was fine, lan connection just randomly goes away for a second or so and im booted from lfs.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
okay..I dont remember having this problem when I first got LFS....

Its getting ridiculous and totaly ruining the game....

How do I get rid of the Q patch...?
Quote from Iron_Maiden :How do I get rid of the Q patch...?

You dont....

If you really want to, download a previous version of LFS, and find the test patches in the forum to upgrade as far as you can. But if I remember correctly Q and P arent compatible, so I dont expect you'll find many servers to play on
Q and P are compatible - thats the good thing about them.
I could've sworn there was a physics update, or something....who cares So yes its possible to downgrade in that case
Quote from DratsaB :I also have this problem from time to time on some servers. My connection bar starts to go into the red, it keeps rising slowly until i get disconnected. But some times it will just go back down and noprobs (as some one else metioned).

Im still getting this disconection problem often enough to be irritating. And tonight I had it so bad, it caused me to post this. I couldn't race on almost any server I tried that had more than a few people connected.

I have pretty much near confirmed the fact that when im timing out and some one pits in or out, my time out disapears and ping goes back to normal. Im convinced that it must be a prob with LFS itself because of this. Or is there some thing external that could cause this, I cant think of anything...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG