The online racing simulator
lost connection to server every 10 minutes FFS
every 10 minutes heaps of servers this is a joke, what can i do to fix it?
Can you say your question a little more understandable? What is your problem? You are losing connection every 10 minutes? Check your internet connection, if it behaves normally in other ways. And also you can tell us how are you connected. ADSL, Dial-up, WiFi connection? If you wanna help, you must give us some info.....
Trying to autodownload skins on dialup? Connecting to the largest pinged server you see? I still don't understand why so many people have problems, then we find out most are on a broadband connection. I still rarely ever disconnect on my 56k dialup unless I try to download skins. Even then, it's a 50/50 chance that I will stay connected. I just have tremendous lag when I do it, so I only do it in spectating.
#4 - J.B.
Tried a different LAN card?
im on broadband I get the same thing, ive configured firewall to go thru all the required ports i still get kicked, treied heaps of servers
does the game lock up for a few seconds before you get disconnected?
nah, if im racing, i see the network bars, go right up to red they keep going then it drops u back to the screen lost connection to host
I thought it was my router so i bought a new one, didnt fix the problem
but I got betta router now with QOS
but still need a soloution, lots of ppl are having these problems
#8 - J.B.
Quote from me :Tried a different LAN card?

Well did you? Fixed the problem for me and others, even though LFS was the only game that gave me any kind of network trouble.
Not all ISPs are equal ask any stock market trader where they have the potential to loose thousands on internet glitches
I play BF2 CS and HL2 , without problems, but as soon as i play LFS I get these problems, I have tried heaps of different settings in router, andd new wirelss cards, but no avail, even re installed my windows and LFS but its still happening
Quote from seinfeld :I play BF2 CS and HL2 , without problems, but as soon as i play LFS I get these problems, I have tried heaps of different settings in router, andd new wirelss cards, but no avail, even re installed my windows and LFS but its still happening

Try bypass the wireless temporarily with a hradwired network cable, see if that makes a difference... I've never found a wireless network I've been happy with I've gone back to hard wired every time
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Quote from B2B@300 :Try bypass the wireless temporarily with a hradwired network cable, see if that makes a difference... I've never found a wireless network I've been happy with I've gone back to hard wired every time

I agree completely . Wireless connections just increase latency , even a really long patch lead should give faster and more stable performance .

SD.
#13 - UsuL
I have the same problem ... latency bars go up ... game works fine ... latency bars freeze on maximum extension then:

1) The latency bar reset to lower level and everything works fine

or

2) I get disconnected.

I have a good ADSL connection fast setted with router (connected with cable not wireless) ... my system is a P4 3.2Ghz - 512Mb RAM - GC Radeon 9600PRO (Catalyst 6.1).

By the way ... that problem i have in Oval Junkies by FM ... i'm always also in Ventrilo server from FM ... placed in the same server of the race server and ping is alway good, so it's not a connection problem but something else than connection status otherwise also ventrilo connection should be affected.

Also i think that implement a server side system to "kick high ping players" should help us all.
same with me, i got very high pingrates every eveneing between 19.00 and 22.00. during night there are no problems...
i am using no wireless...
#15 - Gunn
The solution is to stop using wireless.
#16 - UsuL
Quote from Gunn :The solution is to stop using wireless.

Uhm ... i have the same problem and i don't use wireless ... so i got to buy a wireless set ... use it ... stop using it ... and everything will be fine then?

I had the same problem, but after a reformat everything was solved. No idea what it was. Perhaps faulty Ethernet drivers?
#18 - Gunn
Quote from UsuL : Uhm ... i have the same problem and i don't use wireless ... so i got to buy a wireless set ... use it ... stop using it ... and everything will be fine then?

Uhm, the answer was for the topic-starter.
i have just figured it out, its the new Q2 patch for some reason
need devs to comment on network code/optimizing as this is the problem
Quote from Gunn :The solution is to stop using wireless.

Correction: Stop using wireless and windows at the same time.

All my wireless problems have been because of windows. Every 60 seconds, XP likes to search for new networks, causing a major ping spike. I read up on the steampowered.com forums about how to fix it. You have to let the Wireless Zero Config. service get the initial wireless connection, then stop it. I made a few little .bat files, one to start the service, one to stop it. Pretty much problem free now, minus the random times I turn off my pc and all my wifi settings get erased.
#21 - UsuL
Ok ... the problem is wireless ... but i don't have wireless LAN ... the problem is WindowsXP ... but i have Windows 2000PRO ... uhm ... the problem should be something else than wireless connections and windowsXP or not?

The only solution seems to be a "format c: /q /v" at the moment.

So if the only solution was that format seems to be something like some sort of "external problem" like a trojan and/or virus.
Quote from UsuL :"external problem" like a trojan and/or virus.

You have viruses OUTSIDE your PC? Like, running around the house tormenting your family?
Drivers - are you all using the latest, and non-windows drivers for your LAN cards? The default drivers can often cause problems - for example certain netgear FA311 cards dont run properly and crash the whole machine when using bittorrent or other swarm protocols. Use the [right] netgear drivers and things magically work.

Quote from tristancliffe :You have viruses OUTSIDE your PC? Like, running around the house tormenting your family?

I prefer to call them "users", but yes, these terrible things often run around in the wild, 3D, outside world.
Quote from Fischfix :same with me, i got very high pingrates every eveneing between 19.00 and 22.00. during night there are no problems...
i am using no wireless...

Your problem sounds like an over subscribed ISP

Quote from the_angry_angel :I prefer to call them "users", but yes, these terrible things often run around in the wild, 3D, outside world.

#25 - UsuL
Funny

For "external" i mean something that is not a driver or OS problem.

It's easy for you that you can write in your own language ...

IF the problem has seen just in LFS is an LFS problem.

At the moment we know that who has this problem, has different system configuration ... different connections ... different OS ... different graphic card ...

I had this problem in S2 licenced server (mostly in Oval Junkies), but also in Demo server (CCUK Demo server for example).

It's NOT a connection or "lag" problem, becouse as I wrote before, FM Oval Junkies and FM Ventrilo server are hosted on the same server, the ping on Ventrilo is almost always 47ms to 63ms (when players talk):

byte=32 durata=63ms TTL=51
byte=32 durata=47ms TTL=51

So ... if the ping is good it's not a Ethernet card problem if it was, also the Ventrilo connection should be laggy or falling.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG