(22 posts, started )
skin credit....
Hello,

After installing the Y-patch....

- when i join a server it says...

"not enough LFS world credit for detailed skin"

What does that mean ?

Regards / Steen.
Have u paid for high-res skins or w/e? If so then I am assuming you don't have enough credit / money left and therefore LFSW can't download the skins?

Or something like that
if you haven't...go to the size in the middle, either by when you connect to the mast. server, or by going options>misc>and then it should be there...
To download 1024x1024 textures for other drivers' cars, you need to buy a bit of LFS credit (It's £6 for 1000 skin downloads if I rememeber). You can do that at http://www.lfsworld.net/

Once you have enough credit in your account, it will be automatically debited when you join a server and the game downloads its first hi-res skin.

If you don't want to pay you can set the game to download low-res skins which are free. Go to Options>Misc and set 'car skins download' to 512 and 'helmet skins download' to 256.
It's actually 3 pounds for 2000
That's why I said 'if I rememeber'.

I didn't rememeber...
hmm i thought its 1£ for 1000!
Thats what it say anyway

no matter.. only 800 downloaded and about 6£ on my account.
Quote from ColeusRattus :It's actually 3 pounds for 2000

Incorrect... you can only put a minimum of £3 into your LFS credit. It is only £1 for 2000 skins.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=extra_services - "When you download your first hi-res skin, you will be assigned 2000 skins and £1 will be deducted from your LFS account balance."
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Incorrect... you can only put a minimum of £3 into your LFS credit. It is only £1 for 2000 skins.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=extra_services - "When you download your first hi-res skin, you will be assigned 2000 skins and £1 will be deducted from your LFS account balance."

LMAO! did it take 4-5 guys to try before it went right! :Eyecrazy:
skin credit
Hello,

I have now bought for 5£ LFS credit.
I have made a skin for my team.
Same skin with different numbers on the car.
I have sent it to the other 2 in the team for
them to install it on their computer under...
LFS/data/skin.,
and i have oploaded all 3 skin to LFS.

Should everything be OK now ?
(we can all see each other in the right skin)

I use "microsoft picture it" to make my skin.
I have read something about 3D rendering....
What does it do, and is it something i should do ?

Regards / Steen.
Quote from Steen777 :Hello,

I have now bought for 5£ LFS credit.
I have made a skin for my team.
Same skin with different numbers on the car.
I have sent it to the other 2 in the team for
them to install it on their computer under...
LFS/data/skin.,
and i have oploaded all 3 skin to LFS.

Should everything be OK now ?
(we can all see each other in the right skin)

I use "microsoft picture it" to make my skin.

Hi

Have you uploaded each skin to LFSWorld? You and your mates might see each others skin because you sent the skins to them, but other people online can't see them unless they're uploaded to LFSWorld.
Quote from Steen777 :
I have read something about 3D rendering....
What does it do, and is it something i should do ?

Regards / Steen.

There's a 3D Render section on this forum, you might want to have a look there.

skin credit
Yes all 3 skin has been oploaded to LFSworld.

Steen.
Should be fine then. LFS will tell you if the skin you're currently using isn't found on the LFS World database.
Hmmm fasinating
iracing ALSO CHARGES FOR SKINS, TRACKS AND OTHER ITEMS.

My bottom jaw hit the ground when I found out that one had to pay to get skins. hmmm guess.

PLEASE!!! don't turn into another Iracining/F1rst racing program. I enjoy this one a bit too much
Quote from TerryGringo :iracing ALSO CHARGES FOR SKINS, TRACKS AND OTHER ITEMS.

My bottom jaw hit the ground when I found out that one had to pay to get skins. hmmm guess.

PLEASE!!! don't turn into another Iracining/F1rst racing program. I enjoy this one a bit too much

Eh? You don´t have to pay for any skins. Only if you want the high-res (1024^2) skins of other cars and helmets to be downloaded while driving online, then you have to pay for it. All other skins are free.
you're paying for the bandwidth to send higher res skins. you're not paying for the skins.
I swear high detailed skins only cost like £1..?
0.05p per high res skin, an iRacing car/track is much cheaper
#20 - Etem
Quote from TerryGringo :iracing ALSO CHARGES FOR SKINS, TRACKS AND OTHER ITEMS.

You bumped a 1 2/3 years old thread
Quote from Etem :You bumped a 1 2/3 years old thread

Good lord! Bring out the guillotine, we'll have his head!!
Quote from Etem :You bumped a 1 2/3 years old thread

So what ? At least he wasnt useless

skin credit....
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG