The online racing simulator
Do you have scooter?
(43 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
I'm 16 and i want transport NOW. Not in a years time. A 50cc bike is all i can have, and a car will cost triple to use (in costs, insurance etc).

Of course, tuning a 50cc bike is utterly retarded - i've seen £400 cylinder sets - why not wait a year and spend that on a 125 or a car rather than on an extra 10-15 MPH
Personally I thought about getting a scooter at 16 but it wasn't cheap and wouldn't have been very nice doing the long daily run I have to do. I knew I wanted to get my driving license out of the way as quickly as possible so that's why I went down the (for once genuinely) second driver route and still use the bus for daily transport.

As for scooters I have a Dutch mate who's made enough out of tuning and repairing scooters to be able to partly restore and use an MGB as his first car. He also got caught by a mobile dynometer having 8 times the power that the Dutch law allows, still nothing to frighten a 2CV with though
#28 - Osco
Quote from ajp71 :Personally I thought about getting a scooter at 16 but it wasn't cheap and wouldn't have been very nice doing the long daily run I have to do. I knew I wanted to get my driving license out of the way as quickly as possible so that's why I went down the (for once genuinely) second driver route and still use the bus for daily transport.

As for scooters I have a Dutch mate who's made enough out of tuning and repairing scooters to be able to partly restore and use an MGB as his first car. He also got caught by a mobile dynometer having 8 times the power that the Dutch law allows, still nothing to frighten a 2CV with though

you remember his name?
I was caught on one of those too, when it was just unrestricted. Dutch law don't allow shit for scooters (limit is 0.6kw iirc) and police are happy to impound and crush scooters, sadly..

@jakg: why people stay with 50 or 70cc (at least here) is because most of the sprintcompetitions use 50 or 70cc cylinders, plus you'd need motorcycle license for a 125cc cylinder.

why is tuning a 50cc cylinder retarded, please tell me. There's plenty of power to be found in those, just a bit higher in the revs (mine's around 14k rpm). As said before, I did most of the work myself and enjoyed it. I still smoke 80% of the scooters around here (70cc mostly)
I suggest you use the word retarded with care
#30 - Rish
I used to have a 50cc Yamaha Aerox 2000 V plate. i dont have pictures . stacked it once, cobblestone roundabout on a bus route on a wet day! Loads of fun, de-restricted, 45mph top end wind behind you and all that.
Quote from tristancliffe :My first motorised transport, all those years ago (well, only 10, but it seems like a lot longer...)

Woohoo...a modern Fizzy!!!! I remember them buggers when they FIRST came out back in teh 70s....great fun for a little 'ped at the time! Never actually owned one luckily, cos when I was 16 I was riding a BSA A10 650...fully legal and with no crash helmet! (also fully legal back then )
#32 - Jakg
Quote from Osco :@jakg: why people stay with 50 or 70cc (at least here) is because most of the sprintcompetitions use 50 or 70cc cylinders, plus you'd need motorcycle license for a 125cc cylinder.

70cc bike without a license = TOTALLY illegal. My bike is derestricted, so it's a little hypocritcal to comment, but i find the whole thing retarded - i could spend £180 on a new exhaust, £100 on a 70cc cylinder kit etc - but why?! the bike cost me £630 (which is a bit much), and in a years (well for me in 7 months) time i can take my test and legally have it de-restricted and have a 125 which will beat any 50cc bike. I love my bike to bits, and if it would go 60 it would be a lot more fun, but i can't see any point tuning it if in a year i can get something MUCH faster.

For reference my bike will hit between 80-85 KM/H flat out on a flat road, and so far the max speed i've been to is 96 KM/H down a big hill.

14,000 RPM?! Mine goes to 9000-ish before it won't go any higher, redlines at 12,000 - 14,000 is just crazy!

EDIT -
Quote from ajp71 :Personally I thought about getting a scooter at 16 but it wasn't cheap and wouldn't have been very nice doing the long daily run I have to do.

Out of interest - how far do you have to go? I (when it worked) went about 20 miles a day to and fro from School, and my bikes cost me roughly £1,200 in total (including Helmet, Bike, Maintenance, Insurance etc..). Seeing as the School Bus is £114 a term (although its going up each term!), in the 2 years i'll be using it for 6th Fom i'll be saving £684, which means that i've "saved" the cost of the bike and all i'm paying for is the maintenance, fuel, insurance etc.
#33 - Osco
Quote from Jakg :70cc bike without a license = TOTALLY illegal. My bike is derestricted, so it's a little hypocritcal to comment, but i find the whole thing retarded - i could spend £180 on a new exhaust, £100 on a 70cc cylinder kit etc - but why?! the bike cost me £630 (which is a bit much), and in a years (well for me in 7 months) time i can take my test and legally have it de-restricted and have a 125 which will beat any 50cc bike. I love my bike to bits, and if it would go 60 it would be a lot more fun, but i can't see any point tuning it if in a year i can get something MUCH faster.

For reference my bike will hit between 80-85 KM/H flat out on a flat road, and so far the max speed i've been to is 96 KM/H down a big hill.

14,000 RPM?! Mine goes to 9000-ish before it won't go any higher, redlines at 12,000 - 14,000 is just crazy!

EDIT -
Out of interest - how far do you have to go? I (when it worked) went about 20 miles a day to and fro from School, and my bikes cost me roughly £1,200 in total (including Helmet, Bike, Maintenance, Insurance etc..). Seeing as the School Bus is £114 a term (although its going up each term!), in the 2 years i'll be using it for 6th Fom i'll be saving £684, which means that i've "saved" the cost of the bike and all i'm paying for is the maintenance, fuel, insurance etc.

tbh, those 70cc mopeds are rarely daily drivers, but just built and maintained for those competitions. most fast cylinders rev that high, because that's where the power is.
here the license system for motorcycles are a bit different than in the UK, so not all the people here that race those mopeds actually 'upgrade' to a decent motorcycle and license. They (including me) just have it to race it and tinker with it

I'm to a point where tinkering and tuning is more enjoyable than riding itself, since it's too fast and loud to be daily driven, not to mention the increased wear of pistons and rings (imagine a 5 mile trip averaging 13k rpm )
my scooter top speed is now 116
and top rpm is 14500
I have a Yamaha BWR with a aluminim port and polished 80cc from Malossi. I'm gonna sell it at the end of the summer to buy my car though.
I have a Suzuki Katana R. Pretty rare i think.
Goes around 60kp/h co´s it´s not tuned
it´s done +26000km without big problems. Well it´s Suzuki; how could u broke it
Attached images
17052007(001).jpg
i dont like suzuki .. no tuning parts
#38 - DC2
I had a Yamaha Aerox < stolen

Now I`m riding a Yamaha Tzr 125
Attached images
DSC00231.JPG
DSC00016.JPG
Quote from DC2 :I had a Yamaha Aerox < stolen

Now I`m riding a Yamaha Tzr 125

i need your downhill whatwhatwhat steerer? controller? XD

Yamaha Tzr 125 verry nice!
Buy this instead, yes it IS a Moped xD

Only £3,200!
Quote from Osco :here's mine when I got it (april 2005), a Yamaha Aerox:

started fiddling with it and now it looks like this:

spent some money on go-fast bits, and tuning it. all work done by myself.
now has a different 50cc cylinder, expansion exhaust, butterfly carburettor from a kart, carbonfiber reedvalve, rotor ignition, upgraded transmission and clutch. all unnecessary parts gone and frame chopped off just after the seat.
going to the dyno next week and shooting for 14 hp

but that stuff is all for aerodynamics did you put it back on though
#42 - Jakg
£3,00 for that? I thnk it looks a little TOO racy, actually. Especially as it's a LOT smaller than an ordinary bike.

I'm guessing thats a Derbi GPR? I was thinking of getting either that, mine (a Gilera DNA) or an Aprillia RS50, but i couldn't find the Derbi, the RS50's were MUCH too expensive (ie over a Grand for an 8 year old bike), whereas the DNA's (imo) look amazing and aren't that much.

EDIT - Harjun, on a 50cc bike less weight is more important than aerodynamics due to the small amount of power.
#43 - Osco
Quote from harjun :but that stuff is all for aerodynamics did you put it back on though

no it's not, it's for looks
I took them of for now to save weight, but I will get them painted and put it back eventually..
now I'm more concerned with go-fast parts rather than look-pretty parts
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001

Do you have scooter?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG