The online racing simulator
Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel XP drivers
anyone knows where i can find XP drivers for the MS FF wheel?
I tried google but i cant find it, I only find drivers for 98, is there even drivers for XP? can i use the 98 drivers even though im using XP?
Quote from daanroof :anyone knows where i can find XP drivers for the MS FF wheel?
I tried google but i cant find it, I only find drivers for 98, is there even drivers for XP? can i use the 98 drivers even though im using XP?

There are no XP drivers available for this wheel, MS stopped the support after Win98.

But it depends on what wheel you have for the USB version of the wheel you can still use the 4.0 drivers under XP:
http://www.technikteam.de/software/download.php?id=500
(use the "Download now" button or google for
SideWinder Game Controller Software Version 4.0 )

If you then want to use the recorder function of the drivers you have to do this:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=218433#post218433
ok, thanks a lot
but i checked out the record thing he wrote and i dont understand how to assign the shift paddle's to shift up and down so if someone could explain it here that would be nice.
Quote from daanroof :ok, thanks a lot
but i checked out the record thing he wrote and i dont understand how to assign the shift paddle's to shift up and down so if someone could explain it here that would be nice.

assign or record the left shift paddle in the recorder software to downshift and the right paddle to upshift - save the sheme - then open LFS and you can assign the left and right paddle shifters to the buttons for up and downshift.

or use this sheme (unzip it !) and put it into:
C:\Programme\Microsoft Hardware\Game Controllers\Schemes (or wherever you installed the MS software) and then assign the buttons in LFS -> Options -> Controls
Attached files
LFS-20-20.zip - 1 KB - 590 views
Quote from BBO@BSR :assign or record the left shift paddle in the recorder software to downshift and the right paddle to upshift

Thats what I didn't know how to do in the program, but thanks for the scheme.
Quote from daanroof :Thats what I didn't know how to do in the program, but thanks for the scheme.

I heard that sometimes it helps to read the HTML manual that comes with the software
Quote from BBO@BSR :I heard that sometimes it helps to read the HTML manual that comes with the software

I know, i usually do if i dont know what to do but this time it didnt come one

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG