The online racing simulator
UF-BR server
(73 posts, started )
/quote]

It basically is a second Race 1 server already, other than the fact it's a bit nicer for higher licenced drivers on points, and the fact you need Bronze to drive there, becuase total noobs in them = chaos.[/quote]

And that's my point. I'm not a fast driver and never will be. But, I enjoy FINISHING a race, not wrecking anyone, and obeying the blue flag if I get that far behind. So I go onto the Race1 server and finish 11th - zippo points. And I can take that with that finish until I see that the winner is a PLATINUM license holder and all the other points were awarded to GOLD and SILVER drivers with the exception of one BRONZE driver. I don't mind trying but I'd at least like to feel that I have a chance of making some points. Not so, with the competition there now.

The Race2 server had four(!) people on it and the Race1 server was full. Why can't those of you who have earned the higher licenses drive in the higher servers - I thought that was the point of the CTRA.
Quote from HuckD : I don't mind trying but I'd at least like to feel that I have a chance of making some points. Not so, with the competition there now.

Don't you see that as an incentive to improve your lap times?

Being a bronze licence holder doesn't necessarily mean your slower than a titanium driver does it.

When i was bronze i would beat higher licensed guys, and I'm beaten a lot times on servers by guys on lower licenses than me.
Admittingly, I probably am the worst for that, I often drive in Race 1, just becuase it's cars I like, and because sometimes there needs to be someone there to tell people to quit bloody whining to each other and race. Race 2 isn't as popular, because for some reason the TBO's have dropped off the map, where as Race 3 (which again, is almost like a Race2 #2, because silver+gold can drive GT2's and Platinum and above drive the GTR's).

All I can really suggest is, just be persistant, you can get the points, heck, if someone like me can get gold, and move up the ranks to platinum, anyone should be able to.
Quote from The Moose :Don't you see that as an incentive to improve your lap times?

Being a bronze licence holder doesn't necessarily mean your slower than a titanium driver does it.

When i was bronze i would beat higher licensed guys, and I'm beaten a lot times on servers by guys on lower licenses than me.

Can't say i have seen that happen a lot or at all. Love to see it though Big grin
Just watch me race him, his "speed" is futile for my amazing wrecker abilities. :hide:

Smile
I too found it quite annoying when the silver and up drivers took all the point positions on Race 1. But still I did manage to get the Silver license. Granted it took me over 6 months.

What you have to remember is that the Silver racers might just have gotten the new license and not be comfortable with the faster cars. Or they might have good friends there and want to race with them.

But if you are solely racing for the points you shouldn't stay on Race 1 after you get silver license. Even I've managed to get over half the way to Gold in just about a month! And now we are talking about propably the slowest driver in the whole CTRA! You just get so much more points than on the Race 1.
The reason I drive in Race 1, is becuase I like the cars, if there was a Race 2, where there was those cars, I'd be in there instead, because I love the cars.
I like the XRG best. Because it's easy to control. The XRT is a bit much for my skill and the GTR cars scare me.

But I like the challenge!
Quote from March Hare : the GTR cars scare me.

got that right Thumbs up
Big grin
I personally prefer baby_R's, second place goes to race1(took me ages to brake out from there, but now...still keen on race1)
I love the new Race2 server which is for TBO only, racing the XRT against other Silver+ licensed is just great. Good decision to split it up Thumbs up
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Can't say i have seen that happen a lot or at all. Love to see it though Big grin

Ok, i might have slightly exaggerated with "a lot" :razz:but it happens.

Like Dawesdust the problem i have is i really love lower license cars (UF-Baby-R and FBM) and really have no interest in the big GT's. If there was Silver/Gold and up servers for those cars then i would race on them instead.

As has been said before, we don't get many points for racing them and i know quite a few people that have benefited from getting setups and generally studying the faster drivers which has improved their performance.

When i was just starting out i loved racing the higher licensed guys as it was all the more satisfying when you got a good result.
Maybe people with a license above (for example, but not necessarily) Gold must start from the back of the grid?

I'd also like to see something brought in that moves someone that wins from a pole position start back in the grid for the next race, say up to 10 places back or something.

I really like the baby R server. The cars are very easy to drive, but not that easy to drive really quick, you have to be very precise. They're also very easy to follow in, but not as easy as you'd expect to pass in, because the braking distances are so short and the slipstream so weak at those low speeds. Something different anyway, great fun at the longer South City configs.
Quote from sinbad :Maybe people with a license above (for example, but not necessarily) Gold must start from the back of the grid?

I'd also like to see something brought in that moves someone that wins from a pole position start back in the grid for the next race, say up to 10 places back or something.

Personally I do not agree with faking the competition like this. If you are a better racer you deserve to be in front. There is not much satisfaction in beating someone who was handicapped because of his/her superiority.
What's with all the whining about higher licensed drivers? I'm happy they bother to race on Race 1, as a lot of the lower licensed drivers aren't quite up to the standard Wink And tbh if you can't beat silver and above drivers you don't deserve silver or above... even I, who am bloody slow, manage to get points easily...
In the last couple of days there seems to be have been a lot of "VOTE END RACE" on the UF-BR server. Up comes a nice tricky circuit and next thing it's gone Shrug. Anyone else feel this goes against the spirit of CTRA racing?
Nigel.
I know what you mean noticed that too today. A drive joins the race and after the race he/she wants to change track an votes end race only because he/she was a bit slower then the others. Shrug

Aston Club reserved isn't that boring with the UFBR imho, there are some nice places where you can overtake other carsShrug
#67 - SamH
Quote from NigelY :In the last couple of days there seems to be have been a lot of "VOTE END RACE" on the UF-BR server. Up comes a nice tricky circuit and next thing it's gone Shrug. Anyone else feel this goes against the spirit of CTRA racing?
Nigel.

I agree with you.. it's definitely not in keeping with the spirit of the CTRA to bottle out at the first sign of a tough circuit Frown Honestly, the UF-BR is the easiest car to drive.. it beats me how anyone could be looking for an easier ride than simply racing any track in that car.

I wonder if we should revise the track list to offer ONLY the most challenging tracks!?
Quote from SamH :I wonder if we should revise the track list to offer ONLY the most challenging tracks!?

Would get my vote...
Quote from SamH :I agree with you.. it's definitely not in keeping with the spirit of the CTRA to bottle out at the first sign of a tough circuit Frown Honestly, the UF-BR is the easiest car to drive.. it beats me how anyone could be looking for an easier ride than simply racing any track in that car.

I wonder if we should revise the track list to offer ONLY the most challenging tracks!?

Yes. To be honest if a track like Westhill (90% full throttle in the UF-BR) came up i'd vote to end too...
Go for it. And half hour races while your at it.Smile

(20min minimum at least)
Quote from SamH :

Then i wouldn't get a single point again Wink
Quote : I wonder if we should revise the track list to offer ONLY the most challenging tracks!?

That could be nice, you could also just remove the end race vote.
Quote from Dan Josefsen :That could be nice, you could also just remove the end race vote.

and the restart vote

EDIT: There are still a lot end race votes...Should we report player that want to change the track?

UF-BR server
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG