The online racing simulator
What are you working on?
(36 posts, started )
I'm working on a replay analyzer with a 3D graphical representation of the track. The idea is that all the analyzers we had became obsolete with track changes. This one will read the smx files of tracks, convert them to a faster reading format and display it in 3D. If the smx definition is changed only "minor" recoding will be necessary and I will release a documented source code so anyone will be able to do it.

Still has some problems as you can see.
Attached images
screenshot.PNG
I am working on a Head-to-Head event manager for the league I will be starting, and it is also an automated server system known as the "DashForCash" system. The concept is only 2 drivers allowed on the track at a given time, and the people watching can place bets (before the race begins). I fixed an enormous crash last night that would happen when people disconnected and it seems to be doing great at the moment.
Quote from kurent :Still has some problems as you can see.

Looks familiar Are you changing/converting the values of the (x,y,z) triangles? if so, don't

Projects:
Race Spectator
Status: low, mainly bugfixes, trying to display the full info from an pth file. An seperate project is to display the smx file. And put an model/mesh on the track. If that works then RS will be updated.
RS Java applet, kinda a sub project of the bigger brother. A java applet, for displaying info from a LFS host through the relay server. Status: very low.

Server Control App
An server application to control our demo server. Developping with Burnsy. Progress: medium
Quote from FireFox86 :Looks familiar Are you changing/converting the values of the (x,y,z) triangles? if so, don't

I'm not. I read points with ReadInt32() and divide it by 65536 and I read the triangle block with ReadInt16(). Help me!
Quote from Bob Smith :Well it seems I got my degree in LFS. And here I am some 15 months later and I'm still working on the same program.

Yeah, I too have been working on the same program. Not the exact same program of course, but one that evolves with LFS code, user requests and programming ability. It's fun and a good lesson on maintainability. I have a few more classes to take before I pass that though

Layout Thingy -> LYTe
I am now working in C++ and OpenGL. Also rendering the .smx file and trying to figure out all the 3D goals such as animation, picking, lighting etc. Features will be what LYTe has now plus curves, undo, all tracks, etc and maybe an InSim connection for events and games! my smx render from another post
Quote from FireFox86 :what happens if you don't do that?

It works! I thought about this before, but I think I pressed the wrong button when trying it and read from my own "smx" file. It just takes so long to read these smx files so I did that to be faster. :banghead:
LFS TeamStats website: http://teamstats.m-bauer.org
=> Written in PHP, running stable for few months now. Currently no more developing, although there are still many ideas for improvements spinning in my head
Source is not public available, but that might change some time in the future.

replay editor: http://mpredit.origo.ethz.ch/
=> Written in C++, using QT Gui. Currently most of my free time is spent on this project
All source code available under GPL v3.
Computer driven car
I'm working for some time on an a way to automaticly drive a car. So I use a virtual joystick an the insim X,Y coordinates. I'm able to drive the default car some round, but my time is still 1:41. My problem is that if I change the car settings, my ideal line is no longer the same and the time is going down.
I was wondering if anyone is interested in this project?
I think a few people would be interested in your "Computer Driven" car if you made an interface that was very simple to check where the car is in relation to other cars and the direction the track is heading and all the nice info. If done right you could have programming competitions to see who can make the best "AI" using the library or code base provided.

---

I said before I was working on the Head-to-Head manager, although it has turned into that and much more since it is now going to be a full time server when it gets running perfectly. Named Dash For Cash, its about head-to-head racing, betting and some VERY good races. It mixes all the cars and tracks and each race is 2 minutes or less so that people speccing don't need to wait forever.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I think a few people would be interested in your "Computer Driven" car if you made an interface that was very simple to check where the car is in relation to other cars and the direction the track is heading and all the nice info. If done right you could have programming competitions to see who can make the best "AI" using the library or code base provided.

---

I said before I was working on the Head-to-Head manager, although it has turned into that and much more since it is now going to be a full time server when it gets running perfectly. Named Dash For Cash, its about head-to-head racing, betting and some VERY good races. It mixes all the cars and tracks and each race is 2 minutes or less so that people speccing don't need to wait forever.

I once attempted to make an autodriving car simply by using LFS Strobe.

I set the accelerator, brake, steering and gear changes to certain letter keys and programmed LFS Strobe to press them at the right time.

I managed to get round T1 of FE club

Interesting what you can do with LFS Strobe

What are you working on?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG