The online racing simulator
Counter Strike
(26 posts, started )
Counter Strike
Any of you guys play it? Nver payed it myself, all i hear is people raving about it. Is it any good? I there a version, like a demo where you don't have to pay for it? I only ever usually play car games and maybe FIFA sometimes, just wanted a change really.
I used to play it a lot, but weirdly girls call 5 hours a day or so antisocial (and it was taking up stupid amounts of my time tbf), so now I hardly play it at all.

It can be very rewarding if you're good, and very frustrating if you're not.

It's stereotyped as being full of whining script-kiddies always using hacks etc, but if you know where to look you can soon build up a big list of quality servers with good guys in.

I don't think there's a demo though, but if you know anyone with it they may have a spare guest pass which alows full online play for a few days.
I play Counter Strike: Source, CS 1.6 is a bit dull i think, ive never heard of a free version, only guest passes, but it can be quite a fun game if you get good enough at it.

Lol @ FPS Doug in pb's avatar :P
I used to play old Counter-Strike, stopped when the Source re-make came out though. I just don't think the Source engine does multiplayer games as well as the old HL1 engine did.

Hmm. According to this (Click the "View detailed statistics by game" link near the bottom of the page), most people agree with me - old CS is 3x more popular than CS:Source.

I don't think there's a free version but you can buy it for $8.95 on Steam.
I play CS:S once in a while only because I had to buy it for Garry's Mod to work properly on servers. Now that I have the Orange Box, I don't touch it unless a friend wants me to play. I usually play Gmod, TF2, or Empires.
i generally play it none stop ( in my free time ) ... but im starting to find less time to play it...
I just started to play Counter Strike:Source too after I got really interested in Day of Defeat:Source. Now...since I'm banned from the only Day of Defeat server I play, I've lost interest in all FPS games...
day of defeat sucks imo... counter strike on the other hand ima go play CSS now
Anyone tried Empires? It's free, and all you need for it is the mod itself and Source SDK base.
I used to play 1.6 now i play css quite a bit, in a mid+ clan currently which is also a VERY low skill lfs team (Me been leader as im teh only css member who plays lfs) :/ But yeah as has been said css can be very rewarding and frustrating, tbh id recomend it over COD4 if you dont want to get stressed
(Unless ofc like me you think COD4 looks like teh sex)
here in argentina its play a lot

if you dont wanna pay for cs 1.6

Try download Counter Strike non-steam
________
Mercedes-benz 260 d history
COD4 is the new css
Quote from andybarsblade :COD4 is the new css

You cant realy compare the two there barely alike
Tbh i think ill go on css now.
Quote from jimaxx :You cant realy compare the two there barely alike

well yes they are... esp if you play search and destory mode on cod4, its just the same but better graphics
I used to play allot back in the beta days when Counter Strike was a free mod for Half Life. I stopped playing when it went retail as it seemed to lose the something special it used to have (I don't know what - maybe because they made the jumping like DoD or maybe it lost it's eliteness)
As for Counter Strike Source, I never did grasp what people were raving on about. To me it's the same game with better graphics, yet people would talk about it like it was something completely original.

As pb said, try and find someone with a guest pass so you can try it for a few days. I'd offer one but I don't have any, but if your interested in Half Life 2 I have a "gift" available. Essentially the "gift" is the full game for free. If your interested give me a shout.
Quote from andybarsblade :well yes they are... esp if you play search and destory mode on cod4, its just the same but better graphics

The game play is totaly differant due to the weapons available and crosshairs + realism for example on css I could just jump out a corner with my awp and blow someones face off...from what ive seen that would be impossible on cod4 almost...the gameplay is totaly differant, yes search and destroy using the bombs makes it slightly more similar but its still differant (for the record the COD4 bomb is the sex)
CSS has to be, by far, the best FPS game for having a quick go whenever you want, get pissed off here and there, start 'pwning!', have a funny nickname, act completely stupid on most maps.... and all with a very high level of adrenaline pumping through your veins when you've got a huge gun fight on your hands (me ).

I've been bored of most AWP enabled servers, and only play on a few local ones over here. Quite frankly, I am a big fan of Assault, and it has always been underrated as being home of tons of camping noobs... however the server I play one (vagueserver) has kickass players on it, and they have good rules, and admins always on having a good time. CSS on any other server is just lame.

DOD Source is fun too, friend and I play it. Best server is one called Blitzkreig Whores... and there are some really good chicks on there that kick some serious butt! That server is the same way, always good times there too.

Lately I have been bored of TF2 already. Custom Maps are all I play, but it's far too repetitive now for my liking. (Not much skill required to kill someone really). So I just whore it up with engineer and build an unstoppable turret
Atm i tend to play $16000 servers mainly to practise my skills without having to take the time in saving for what i plan in doing, I got decent at awping pulling around a 4KD ratio and now im back onto rifle pulling on average 2/3KD ratio's its a good fun game but as said it can piss you off ALOT at times, id recoment it to anyone as a good fps game with BF2 and Cod2/Cod4 close behind.
I play CS:S sometimes, but not that often. It's good fun when I do play it though!
Quote from andybarsblade :COD4 is the new css

I have to agree. If you've got the hardware to run it, COD4 is as good if not better in every defining category!
Well CoD 4 isn't exactly as CSS, they are similar in some points, but quite different in others ... but CoD 4 MP is so ,SO damn fun ! Can't get enough of it ! That little bit of RPG spice to the gameplay made it perfect .
Et Ftw
#23 - Woz
I used to play lots of FPS but have not found an FPS that was as pure and single minded as Q3, still not topped for physics and gameplay within the gameworld IMHO

BTW: I include all the mods like RA3 and TW CTF in that.
CS classic is what got me into gaming. Done a lot of FPS since. What's cool is that a lot of guys in my team are pretty good at FPS shooters. We did Unreal Tournament classic for like 3 hrs straight just to vent and it was insane fun.

Counter Strike
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG