The online racing simulator
poor attitudes lately on CTRA
(98 posts, closed, started )
#51 - SamH
The act isn't captured by replays, it's (hopefully) captured by the server log. I will be downloading the log today to see if the information is in there. I've requested the ability to track the removal of people from the grid, but I don't know if Scawen has implemented it yet. I need to check.
#52 - VoiD
Well, it was not the best idea to do the initial start of UF-BR for public/free entry last week.

Too many people earned their license racing on this server. Up to silver with only 35(!) races. They still have no clue what´s the idea behind CTRA, how to behave or to race on road-tyres.
#53 - SamH
I agree, with hindsight I think it was a bad idea to open it as an entry server. But hey, we live and learn

As is and will always be the case, anyone driving to standards below those demanded for that server level will be swiftly relegated. Just file the reports!
#54 - VoiD
Poor admins, so much work to do...
#55 - [d9]
i did few races (~200) on ctra servers and i agree, there are many "extraneous" people. i dont remember if i ever spotted (yellow usernamed) admins, but i think it would be nice to sometime someone will moderate "the show". and i think it is not really big problem for experienced admin to recognize unlucky beginner from purposeul unfair... racer?

you crashing by purpose? ok, bye!
you do not respect blue flag? ok, bye!
you do not respect others outgoing from pits? ok, bye!
you cutting in corners? ok, warning, next time bye!

by admining my servers (actually mainly of demo one ) im exercising simply rule - /ban [name] {nr. of days you need to can come back (learn the rules, what is blue flag... } (eg. 666 hard-corers, 100 wreckers/crashers, 7-14 blockers/blue flaggers, etc...). of course, its demo, so 95% people with a half of brain can change their ip and come back, im giving ~50-100 bans/day when im "active", but i wanted to say by this - there are not charge on the server/admins/system side to learn rules to joined racers. do you (/want) not respect of rules? ok, bye! have you been banned by admin on our server? innocently? then send replay if you are right.

just my view, mabye hard, maybe stupid... im (i hope) very good familiar with fia racing rules and im very sad when im folloving them and others do not...
I gotta add my few pennies in...

I think the CTRA system works excellently, having servers limited by license ensures some people can race with a known quality level of drivers. The rules are clear and simply and well enforced on the server.

However with respects to over this weekend when the X system died and restrictions could be removed, some people were just way over the top.

For 10 minutes it was a free for all. Some people left restrictions on, some didn't. For 10 minutes it was anarchy and mayhem... it was kinda fun For those wanting people to keep the 45% restriction, do they REALLY think out of 25 people, nobody is going to set it to 40, or 30? Thats why the server limits... when there are no limits, people abuse them. Its human nature...

Then the system came back online and all was resumed, racing was normal... some people however couldn't relax and seemed very much offended by the incident. I was amazed at the anger and nasty remarks...

For those that are filing 100+ reports for all the "infractions" during those 10 minutes, will probably spend 30 minutes doing so. Come on guys, what is worse? A complete n00b asking for help and wondering what the restrictions are? Or a bunch of hitlers (sorry for the repeated German reference!) shouting out about rules?

What amazed me was the hypocrite who complained and complained about people during the outage, then when the system was back online and I was leading the race, he rammed me off the track because I had "abused the rules" during the outage. Stunning...

It's a game! We all love it, hell i've been racing on and off since it was first released. (I registered 8th March 2003) But some people really do get so aggressive and angry about the simplest things.

I had a race a week ago, I was going side by side into a fast corner, he had the outside line, as we turned in I drifted wide and sent him into the grass. This guy goes crazy, shouting about rules, the driving line I "should've" taken. Then eventually quits the server. I wonder... did he then go beat up his sister? Smack his father in the face before leaving the house and racing his car down the street? I hope not...

Then there are the people who scream blue flag as soon as you are in their sights. I once moved OFF the racing line to let a guy past and he chose to try and overtake off the racing line. He went ballistic, I thought he was about to murder someone.

CTRA should come with a blood pressure monitor and deny people onto servers when it's too high

Good racing all, 99% of the time LFS and CTRA is by far the most accurate computer racing system there is. I should know, i've been racing/rallying a variety of cars for years in real life. I swear I see elements of Silverstone, Snetterton and Brands in these tracks.

I do think that having at least a Bronze license for the UF-BR server would be a good idea.
Am I just having plain bad luck or is anybody else having a lot of trouble lately with a certain italian team?
this isnt in relation to any other post but atm there a a few things bugging me on ctra servers, the amount of swear filter dodging and people being disrespectfal and calling someone a noob when the make a mistake, and even extremly experianced people make mistakes, and the use of blue flag messages as well as the use of the horn imidiatly on aprotch to a person who is getting blueflagged or just had a little off.
as well as the usual grid removal and t1 accidents, and all of these i have knotiched more prominently on race one but not really as much on babyr, and that was babyr before bronze and above, i am trying atm to get my cousin from copper to bronze on race 1 after the ufbr changes and it is crazy cos all the new guys are all congigated in one place and alot of which who cant drive mean there are massize t1 pileups so the people who are good are having problems getting points cos of the crashes.

ok rant over lol
Quote from BurnOut69 :Am I just having plain bad luck or is anybody else having a lot of trouble lately with a certain italian team?

wich team would that be?

caus ive met some italian batsard to an a strange brit who said i have sto stop becaus he wanst the inside turn while im already in it
#60 - VoiD
Quote from james12s :...the amount of swear filter dodging and people being disrespectfal and calling someone a noob when the make a mistake...

Never noticed that on CTRA2/3, there´s much more respect for others. Even for and from the so called "noobs". Actually they are no "noobs" anymore, they survived the entry-server.
Quote from james12s :...and the use of blue flag messages as well as the use of the horn...

read above.

UF-BR is another story, we have to be patient and report-happy.
yeah the only reason i dont file loads of reports i i know how much hard work the admins put in,as you have said, but i am gonna start rerporting people for it, if sam want the work he can have it, hehehe lol
#62 - VoiD
Quote from james12s :yeah the only reason i dont file loads of reports i i know how much hard work the admins put in,as you have said, but i am gonna start rerporting people for it, if sam want the work he can have it, hehehe lol

Stop beeing lazy, it´s his damn job!
lol
#64 - SamH
hehe.. we wouldn't ask for reports if we didn't want them!

We have a reporting system that we worked bloody hard to create. It's pretty well waterproof, has a complete history and an appeals process built-in. It's admined by a bunch of meticulous admins, and if you think that coming to the forum and bitching INSTEAD of using that system is going to make us feel warm and cosy inside, you've got some funny ideas.

"I haven't reported anyone, I just want to complain about them" counts for diddly in my eyes, frankly. But worse still is that it gives people like The General Lee a very false impression of our servers. He doesn't know any better, so it's not his fault.. he's just reading what's being said on the forum and drawing perfectly reasonable conclusions from it, no matter how ill-informed.

Now it's my turn to get a bit off my chest.. sometimes my smile cracks eventually. I can't pretend that it doesn't irk the hell out of me, occasionally, when people use ammunition from threads like this to condemn our servers, especially when the people that are thoughtlessly giving them the ammunition actually, despite what they say on this forum, love the CTRA and what it does and what it stands for. Sometimes I wish people would sit back and read what they're posting, and consider how their post will look to someone who isn't familiar with the CTRA. But it's very much my baby, so I'm sensitive to it!

I'm not complaining.. I totally accept that it's inevitable. It's just my turn to get stuff off my chest
well cant say fairer than that
#66 - SamH
That wasn't a dig at you, by the way James It wasn't a dig at anyone.. it's just me getting stuff off my chest
i know, like everyone you gotta do it know and then
Quote from SamH :it's just me getting stuff off my chest

Have you tried waxing ?
Quote from Lateralus ::rolleyes:

What a load.

Something wrong with people misunderstanding me???

I never said anything about the admins being biased. I only explained the fact that I cannot "prove otherwise" that the reportee is the one who should be penalized through the current appeal system.

Not to mention, I don't know where all this talk of insta-vote-banning has come from, I wasn't talking about that.

If you want a perfect example of this reporting behavior, look at Mr. Teedot.
Quote from Tweaker :Something wrong with people misunderstanding me??

Evidently so.

Sorry dude. Something about tone and demeanor not translating well over the intertubes...
Quote from Tweaker :
If you want a perfect example of this reporting behavior, look at Mr. Teedot.

The report feature is there for a reason... and I'll use it whenever I need to.
edit : removed reply i had been trying to keep to myself for days, but which spouted out today after seeing a certain post
#74 - SamH
Whoa.. guys, come on.. we don't want or need the fight.. at the end of the day, we're supposed to be in this for the fun of it all.

The original post was a rant.. and sometimes people need a rant, to get the tension out. My only grumble with it is when it gets thrown back at me, down the line, by people who get the wrong idea about our servers as a result.

I've said this already in the thread: We have a reporting system in place. Please use it. If you don't use it, please don't bring your complaint here instead.

As everyone by now knows, our admins take each report and analyse it closely. If you want us to examine something, start by filing a report. If you wanna make doubly sure that we don't miss anything, then get verbose in the text box.. describe the problem in fine detail.. tell us the problem extends into the next replay, or the previous replay.. we WILL go and look.. 'splain it to us, Lucy!
Quote from Tweaker :This is always a hard topic when racing on CTRA.

I for one never have had "Sorry" bound to my keyboard. People use it too often, even when it isn't their fault. If I REALLY have to say "sorry" to the person in the accident, I will actually type it, so I truly mean it. Either that or I pull over and let them pass (But even when I do that, they don't move and resume the race!!... so then my race is ruined too as I just wait and wait ---- So I'll pull away after that, if they don't even make an effort to recognize my courtesy). However, there are other times that I KNOW I am not in the 'wrong' and I continue driving. Situations where people made an obvious mistake in front of me, and come across the racing line to cause the accident. Then they'd start moaning at me about how it was my fault, and to be honest, I don't even want to argue about it at all... some people are just so uptight with accidents on the CTRA server.

If you find people just driving away, accept the majority of those situations as purely a racing accident. If it is just absolute stupidity accidents and the other person is at fault, then just report them.

There is also always a HUGE difference of experience between so many drivers on the grid. And a lot of fast drivers trying to fight up from the back of the field means a very quick paced car approaching a very slow paced car. I often see people taking corners at least 20-30 mph slower :doh:

My point is... there are a lot of very respectful drivers out there that are not as bad as they may seem. Just because they don't say sorry, or just keep driving doesn't mean they are being a jerk.

I agree, don't get me wrong, but I feel that a lot of unexperienced drivers blame others about their own mistakes too often.
This thread is closed

poor attitudes lately on CTRA
(98 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG