The online racing simulator
poor attitudes lately on CTRA
(98 posts, closed, started )
I dont know what is up lately with people in CTRA... But a vast majority thinks that they can wreck someone, spin someone or ram them off into the grass and then continue on their merry way like nothing happened. No sorry... not waiting for you to get back on the track and catch up.... well as it CLEARLY STATES IN THE RULES:

Quote : 3.0 Saying Sorry
Drivers who cause incident should say sorry with actions not words. Wait for the other car to repass you, even if it involves losing several other positions. Words are free, action is noble.

So if you wreck someone... is it really THAT hard to wait until this person gets back on the track or pits before continuing on??? Is it so hard to flash your lights at them or honk your horn to "signal" a "sorry"??? Is it so hard to press the hotkey for "Sorry"???

This is the general attitude that is received on almost all of the CTRA servers as of late. Now granted, there are very many of you out there who do not fall into this category... so this does not apply to you.

So in short... Stop being inconsiderate and selfish when on the CTRA servers. It's not going to kill you to wait for someone to get back on the track or simply say "sorry".
Quote from teedot :a vast majority thinks that they can wreck someone, spin someone or ram them off into the grass and then continue on their merry way like nothing happened.

That isn't true and you know it. The vast majority of drivers on CTRA are respectful and friendly. The number of people who disrespect the rules are few, but just one of them one a server full of good drivers can cause a lot of havoc and irritation.

Those fools probably don't even read this forum, likely because most of them are illiterate morons. So I'm not sure what you intended to accomplish in this thread, other than to vent. Vent by reporting people who habitually break the rules, which will actually punish them.
Quote :Now granted, there are very many of you out there who do not fall into this category... so this does not apply to you.

Dont say i didn't say it.

And dont worry... every one of these people are being reported.
This is always a hard topic when racing on CTRA.

I for one never have had "Sorry" bound to my keyboard. People use it too often, even when it isn't their fault. If I REALLY have to say "sorry" to the person in the accident, I will actually type it, so I truly mean it. Either that or I pull over and let them pass (But even when I do that, they don't move and resume the race!!... so then my race is ruined too as I just wait and wait ---- So I'll pull away after that, if they don't even make an effort to recognize my courtesy). However, there are other times that I KNOW I am not in the 'wrong' and I continue driving. Situations where people made an obvious mistake in front of me, and come across the racing line to cause the accident. Then they'd start moaning at me about how it was my fault, and to be honest, I don't even want to argue about it at all... some people are just so uptight with accidents on the CTRA server.

If you find people just driving away, accept the majority of those situations as purely a racing accident. If it is just absolute stupidity accidents and the other person is at fault, then just report them.

There is also always a HUGE difference of experience between so many drivers on the grid. And a lot of fast drivers trying to fight up from the back of the field means a very quick paced car approaching a very slow paced car. I often see people taking corners at least 20-30 mph slower :doh:

My point is... there are a lot of very respectful drivers out there that are not as bad as they may seem. Just because they don't say sorry, or just keep driving doesn't mean they are being a jerk.
#5 - VoiD
Stop whining, start reporting.

This thread is useless, that kind of people will never read it...

I remember last saturday, TBO´s on FE Black rev. Someone got banned two days after because of two reports from that day...
Tweak, same here, I'll usually take the time if I'm really sorry, I'll manually stop and type sorry, and just make sure they can get past, and if they are forced to retire becuase of something stupid I do (which hasn't happened in so long, I've rarely had to do it), I'll retire too.
I was about to make a new topic about the contrast of experiences I, err, experienced today on CTRA, but instead I'll post it here.

As much as I posted yesterday about how good the UFBR server is, it very much depends on who is on it. Yesterday, it was fun. Today, it was a nightmare.

Maybe it was the tracks. SO6 was good - a bit argy bargy in places which is to be expected with such slow, grippy cars and a closely matched field; but generally good races to be had. However a full field of 32 cars around FE1R on a server open to all licence holders is just asking for trouble - and that is exactly what it was. A few familiar names and some team guys on the server were trying to keep to a good standard, but for everyone else the rules seemed to have gone out the window. Honestly, if I or anyone else tried to report the offences, you wouldn't even know where to begin. Drivers failing to look, leave space, or brake in sensible time. Drivers deliberately nudging, nerfing and bashing whoever they wanted - in one case ramming a well known (and quick & respected!) team racer off the track just because the guy was on a pb lap! It was just chaos, and imho made a mockery of the organised, clean racing that I thought the CTRA was supposed to provide. In addition, there was so much aggro and frustration on the server that the atmosphere felt terse and very much an "every man for himself" flavour, with setups not being shared and drivers just looking to capitalise on carnage wherever possible.

So I left, and my, what a difference on Race2 and Race3 servers. I tried Race2 this afternoon and although I struggled with the combo, it was so clean and safe in comparison to the UFBR server that you actually dared drive within 5m of another car. And the same on Race3 tonight, a totally different atmosphere from that of UFBR this afternoon, with great racing and a friendly atmosphere.

As a result - how about restricting the UFBR server to Bronze and higher? Then Bronze drivers still have the fun of the UFBR whilst progressing to silver and beyond, but it removes the complete newbies and n00bs (Copper drivers) who imho would be better restricted to the STD cars with a limited grid size (i.e. the Race1 server). Then at least everyone has had to learn some basic racecraft, speed, and CTRA rules before progressing to any better tin tops at all.
#8 - SamH
I agree that there can be problems with absolute beginners on massive grids. Please look for a new CTRA poll shortly.
Quote from teedot :I dont know what is up lately with people in CTRA... But a vast majority thinks that they can wreck someone, spin someone or ram them off into the grass and then continue on their merry way like nothing happened. No sorry... not waiting for you to get back on the track and catch up.... well as it CLEARLY STATES IN THE RULES:

So if you wreck someone... is it really THAT hard to wait until this person gets back on the track or pits before continuing on??? Is it so hard to flash your lights at them or honk your horn to "signal" a "sorry"??? Is it so hard to press the hotkey for "Sorry"???

This is the general attitude that is received on almost all of the CTRA servers as of late. Now granted, there are very many of you out there who do not fall into this category... so this does not apply to you.

So in short... Stop being inconsiderate and selfish when on the CTRA servers. It's not going to kill you to wait for someone to get back on the track or simply say "sorry".

I totally agree with your post. I was on Race1 regularly before patch Y was released and racing was fun, fair and balanced (with rarely a full grid). Since Y patch the number of drivers has increased massively and the attitude of some people is just awful. As somebody else said, trying to report every abuse is just impossible. CTRA are great servers and I'm sure the mods will find a solution.
#10 - Nobo
Quote from Tweaker :

I for one never have had "Sorry" bound to my keyboard.

Agree, if it is really meant you shouldnt use a bind. The only bind i actually use is a smilie . The rest is typed...

And like said before, one disrespective driver can cause trouble for the whole grid.
#11 - SamH
I do have a Sorry bind, but most particularly because when I throw it, I'm already very busy trying to recover from the accident I'm apologising for. The bind is there for the sake of everyone else on the track, as well.

CTRA rules do require action over apologies.. if you're sorry, you show it with your actions (i.e. wait for the person you've wronged to recover). However, it's clear that the LFS community at large expects an apology in writing. This isn't the CTRA expectation, it's wider than that.
#12 - Dru
I've got a bind too - just so then if there is a bump or whatever II can throw it up... but actions do speak louder than words....

..... for instance last night the Lord and I got together in a crash (we were 2nd and 3rd) LB crashed I was fine.
Going down the back stright I saw that LB had spectated.
I immediately spectated as well.
His retirement was from a racing incident with me adn it's not fair that one should continue when the other doesn't.

I have a 'sorry' bind, but that's because I race with a kb, and if i type it, I have no steering and I cause even more accidents than I usually do (and that's alot )
I think CTRA has some of the best racing in lfs

I alswa7ys havee friendly and fair racers aroundd me most of the time:hide:
I have a bind saying "sorry" and a bind saying "please pass". They are almost only used together If it's worth letting your victim repass you it's worth saying sorry. It's said far too often without being needed IMO. And on Race 1 almost noone lets you repass
#16 - VoiD
I have a bind for minor misstakes and I allways let the victim gain his position back. It´s common sense, nothing more, nothing less!
Yep i use my bind for more minor mistakes... but if i ram someone off by accident or cause them to spin 9 times out of 10 ill go spectate... thats clearly evident in my stats too as ive only completed just under 70% of my total races :P

Good to see some of you agree with my experiences. It is just so darn frustrating after hours of being wrecked race after race... i needed to say something.
#18 - VoiD
Ever thought about having a nice talk with the report-interface to vent some frustration?
#19 - Dru
Yeah, have to agree with Void Teedot, if you are having problems use the report interface

Otherwise is it that your results in the Baby-R is just rolling the baby too many times J/K
I was on last night, and the standard of driving in the UFBR server was shocking, I can actually remember asking if the rules had somehow been relaxed..........

If I was in a better frame of mind, and had more time, I would have made a whole slew of reports, alas I wasn't and didn't, but rest assured, next time I will.

I remember one racer, who, even though he was a lap (or more) down, pushed me out of the way, and when I protested, he told me that he was on for a PB lap, well bugger me, I thought it was a race server, not a flaming hotlap server........

I guess it's all down to attitudes, and over the Christmas period, attitudes have definately gotten worse.
#21 - VoiD
IMO the main reason is that for the majority of people UFbR is just another simple, stupid, public server. You can join, of course without going to racauthority to read the rules before, and fool arround. No league, not private, nothing to read and "sign up" before, just another pick-up-server...

I guess all of you noticed people without having a proper license trying to join the higher tiered servers over and over again. They are not ready, get kicked, and that´s a good thing.
#22 - Dru
Quote from VoiD :IMO the main reason is that for the majority of people UFbR is just another simple, stupid, public server. You can join, of course without going to racauthority to read the rules before, and fool arround. No league, not private, nothing to read and "sign up" before, just another pick-up-server...

I guess all of you noticed people without having a proper license trying to join the higher tiered servers over and over again. They are not ready, get kicked, and that´s a good thing.

This is true, and is absolutely the reason why Sam is pondering the change from an entry level server
Quote from Dru :Yeah, have to agree with Void Teedot, if you are having problems use the report interface

Otherwise is it that your results in the Baby-R is just rolling the baby too many times J/K

Hehe the report feature is getting a workout

.... and i dont roll it... tooooo much
Quote from teedot :Hehe the report feature is getting a workout

Indeed it is.

You really need to adjust your attitude on the server. Just a few minutes ago on UF-BR, you (evidently) were crashed out, so you said "UNF*CKING BELIEVABLE!" and immediately disconnected.

It is extremely hypocritical of you to start a thread complaining about poor attitudes on CTRA servers, and then go do exactly that. Censoring banned language is against the rules on CTRA. Yelling something so childish contributes to the negative environment you're here complaining about.

I'll only say this once. Next time I see you do that, I'll report you. If you're angry about stupid driving, fine. Yell out loud to yourself. File a report. Do not type something like that. You know it's against the rules.
Quote from Lateralus :It is extremely hypocritical of you to start a thread complaining about poor attitudes on CTRA servers, and then go do exactly that.

Actually, earlier on SS1 I was in the middle of writing a report about Teedot myself when the whole CTRA system went down and made it impossible. I won't go into details but to the OP: If you want to improve attitudes, lead by example.
This thread is closed

(98 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG